• Robert Walton writes a letter to his sister from St. Petersburg discussing his travels and his plan to travel to the North Pole. Walton has recently hired a captain and ship that he feels he can trust.
• Walton tells his sister he is very lonely and desires a companion to travel with. He also states that a man of his own class has joined him on his journey.
• This man is quite ill and has a wild story to tell, so Walton has decided to write down this man’s story because it is so outrageous. The following Chapters outline his companion’s story.
• The companion, Victor’s story starts with his family history: his father marries late in life, and the couple takes in a young orphaned girl named Elizabeth.
• Victor and Elizabeth grow up as siblings and are very close.
This section contains 1,889 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)