|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marv wakes up in the room with Lucille, what does he see mounted on the wall?
2. Although Roark first believed Kevin was insane, why did he start to participate in Kevin's rituals with the women?
3. How is the man able to beat Marv in a fight?
4. What does Marv ask Nancy to do with Wendy?
5. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the roles of women in "The Hard Goodbye" and how their humanity is ignored by the male characters for varying reasons (Marv must be included in this analysis.)
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of both the statue of Roark and his fortified compound.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Marv and Kevin and discuss the significance behind their similarities and differences.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)