|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roark's nickname in Sin City?
2. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
3. When Marv awakens after being knocked out by Lucille, what weapon does he grab?
4. Who is responsible for the presence of the prostitutes in Sin City?
5. What does Marv ask Nancy to do with Wendy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv and Lucille escape from the farmhouse?
2. What traps does Marv set for Kevin?
3. How does Marv manage to finally trap Kevin?
4. How are the prostitutes tied to the history of Sin City?
5. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
6. What does the construction of the room in which Lucille and Marv are being held suggest about its intended purpose?
7. Describe the room in which Marv awakens.
8. Why does Lucille knock Marv unconscious outside the farmhouse?
9. Describe Marv's last night alive.
10. What repercussions is Marv aware that he will face after he takes care of Roark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of both the statue of Roark and his fortified compound.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Marv's perceptions of himself with the reality of what the readers learn about the character.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Marv and Kevin and discuss the significance behind their similarities and differences.
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)