|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv realize he will probably have to face if he survives the ordeal with Roark?
2. Why is Marv unsatisfied by Kevin's death?
3. At the end of Chapter 6, what does the driver of the car reveal to be the killer's name?
4. What does Wendy do for Marv before he is electrocuted?
5. What do the shower drains in the room at the farmhouse suggest to Marv?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marv fear nature so much?
2. What traps does Marv set for Kevin?
3. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
4. Describe Marv's last night alive.
5. How was Marv coerced into signing the confession?
6. How does Marv and Lucille escape from the farmhouse?
7. How does Marv take care of the officers at the end of Chapter 7?
8. What information does Marv learn about Goldie from Lucille?
9. How does Marv react when he hears the helicopters approaching and why?
10. Why does Marv feel guilty over Goldie's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the roles of women in "The Hard Goodbye" and how their humanity is ignored by the male characters for varying reasons (Marv must be included in this analysis.)
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance behind Lucille's gun and her murder? Discuss this in relation to the general atmosphere and depth of corruption in Sin City.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the ways in which the unique art of "Sin City" is utilized in order to most effectively tell the story.
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)