|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 6, what does the driver of the car reveal to be the killer's name?
2. What does Marv ask Nancy to do with Wendy?
3. What does Lucille give the police officers?
4. What is Roark's nickname in Sin City?
5. With what does Marv line the farmhouse property in an attempt to slow down Kevin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wendy?
2. What was Roark's relationship to Kevin?
3. What repercussions is Marv aware that he will face after he takes care of Roark?
4. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
5. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
6. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
7. How was Marv coerced into signing the confession?
8. Why does Lucille knock Marv unconscious outside the farmhouse?
9. How does Marv manage to finally trap Kevin?
10. Why does Marv feel guilty over Goldie's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the practice of making all vices illegal in Sin City has contributed to the decay of the city and the rise of the criminal elements.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Marv and discuss his role as both protagonist and anti-hero.
Essay Topic 3
Compose an essay that details the purpose of the graphic sexuality in "The Hard Goodbye."
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)