|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marv finally open the door at the farmhouse?
2. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
3. How does Marv flush Kevin out of the farmhouse?
4. Why is Nancy happy to help Marv with Wendy?
5. For what is Marv awaiting with his gun pulled as the police search the farmhouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Marv and Kevin and discuss the significance behind their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Marv's statement about the awfulness of not having a purpose, as well as how Wendy and Goldie factor into what he sees as salvation.
Essay Topic 3
How is "The Hard Goodbye" an example of neo-noir in the mystery genre? Discuss the genre, specific plot elements, dialogue, atmosphere, characterization, as well as the art in regards to this style.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)