|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marv finally open the door at the farmhouse?
2. What does Lucille give the police officers?
3. What did Kevin confess to Roark when he first met him as a young boy?
4. How is the man able to beat Marv in a fight?
5. What does Wendy do for Marv before he is electrocuted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marv fear nature so much?
2. Why does Marv feel guilty over Goldie's death?
3. Why does Wendy question Marv's motivations in finding Goldie's killer and what is his reply?
4. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
5. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
6. What repercussions is Marv aware that he will face after he takes care of Roark?
7. Who is Wendy?
8. What does the construction of the room in which Lucille and Marv are being held suggest about its intended purpose?
9. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
10. How does Marv and Lucille escape from the farmhouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compose an essay that details and analyzes the madness in both Kevin and Roark, as well as how one has influenced the other.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the practice of making all vices illegal in Sin City has contributed to the decay of the city and the rise of the criminal elements.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Marv and discuss his role as both protagonist and anti-hero.
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)