|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Kevin only speak?
2. What do Marv and Lucille hear as they leave the farmhouse?
3. What does Lucille try to keep the officers from doing outside the farmhouse?
4. What does Marv reveal as being one of his fears?
5. When Marv wakes up in the room with Lucille, what does he see mounted on the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv gain the trust of the prostitutes?
2. What happened to Lucille in Chapter 6?
3. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
4. Why does Wendy question Marv's motivations in finding Goldie's killer and what is his reply?
5. Describe the supplies Marv brings to the farm.
6. What traps does Marv set for Kevin?
7. Why does Lucille knock Marv unconscious outside the farmhouse?
8. Who is Wendy?
9. How are the prostitutes tied to the history of Sin City?
10. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the practice of making all vices illegal in Sin City has contributed to the decay of the city and the rise of the criminal elements.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the ways in which the unique art of "Sin City" is utilized in order to most effectively tell the story.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Marv's perceptions of himself with the reality of what the readers learn about the character.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)