|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From listening to his gut, what does Marv realize about the farm as he approaches it?
2. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
3. When the woman who looks like Goldie knocks Marv unconscious, where is he when he wakes up?
4. Why does Marv feel responsible for Goldie's death?
5. What is the name of Roark's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv manage to finally trap Kevin?
2. How are the prostitutes tied to the history of Sin City?
3. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
4. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
5. What traps does Marv set for Kevin?
6. How does Marv react when he hears the helicopters approaching and why?
7. Describe the room in which Marv awakens.
8. Describe the supplies Marv brings to the farm.
9. What does the construction of the room in which Lucille and Marv are being held suggest about its intended purpose?
10. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the Roark family's influence and power in Sin City (from past to present) has brought about Kevin's serial killings.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of both the statue of Roark and his fortified compound.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles of women in "The Hard Goodbye" and how their humanity is ignored by the male characters for varying reasons (Marv must be included in this analysis.)
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)