|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv realize before being knocked out with the mallet?
2. Why does Marv advise the woman to only hit him with the handle of the gun?
3. Why is Lucille wearing Marv's coat?
4. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
5. What does Marv do that gains the trust of the prostitutes at the end of chapter eight?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the thematic elements of heaven and hell in "The Hard Goodbye."
Essay Topic 2
How is "The Hard Goodbye" an example of neo-noir in the mystery genre? Discuss the genre, specific plot elements, dialogue, atmosphere, characterization, as well as the art in regards to this style.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Roark family's influence and power in Sin City (from past to present) has brought about Kevin's serial killings.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)