|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the more striking features of the farm?
2. What did the man with the glasses do to Lucille's hand?
3. What does Marv do to the status of Roark?
4. Where is Marv at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What was Sin City during the days of the Old West?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marv uneasy about the idea of killing Roark?
2. How does Marv manage to finally trap Kevin?
3. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
4. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
5. What was Roark's relationship to Kevin?
6. What happened to Lucille in Chapter 6?
7. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
8. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
9. What does the construction of the room in which Lucille and Marv are being held suggest about its intended purpose?
10. Why does Marv fear nature so much?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Marv and Kevin and discuss the significance behind their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
Compose an essay that details and analyzes the madness in both Kevin and Roark, as well as how one has influenced the other.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the ways in which the unique art of "Sin City" is utilized in order to most effectively tell the story.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)