|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lends Marv a pair of handcuffs?
2. What is Wendy's relationship to Goldie?
3. Why does Marv watch twenty blocks away from Nancy's home?
4. What does Marv realize he will probably have to face if he survives the ordeal with Roark?
5. Why did Wendy repeatedly attack Marv?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
2. Describe the supplies Marv brings to the farm.
3. Describe Marv's last night alive.
4. What does the construction of the room in which Lucille and Marv are being held suggest about its intended purpose?
5. How does Marv kill Kevin?
6. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
7. What information does Marv learn about Goldie from Lucille?
8. Describe the room in which Marv awakens.
9. How does Marv gain the trust of the prostitutes?
10. What happened to Lucille in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the symbolism of cannibalism in "The Hard Goodbye."
Essay Topic 2
Explain the thematic elements of heaven and hell in "The Hard Goodbye."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of both the statue of Roark and his fortified compound.
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)