|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lucille end up at the farm?
2. Who is responsible for the presence of the prostitutes in Sin City?
3. Why is Marv unsatisfied by Kevin's death?
4. Why does Marv feel responsible for Goldie's death?
5. How does the assistant district attorney force Marv to sign the confession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv kill Kevin?
2. How does Marv and Lucille escape from the farmhouse?
3. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
4. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
5. What was Roark's relationship to Kevin?
6. What happened to Lucille in Chapter 6?
7. Who is Wendy?
8. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
9. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
10. Why does Marv feel guilty over Goldie's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance behind Lucille's gun and her murder? Discuss this in relation to the general atmosphere and depth of corruption in Sin City.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the weather in "The Hard Goodbye," as well as the purpose of having dual rural and urban settings.
Essay Topic 3
Compose an essay that details the purpose of the graphic sexuality in "The Hard Goodbye."
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)