|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Marv awaiting with his gun pulled as the police search the farmhouse?
2. At what is Kevin actually jumping when he mistakenly believes he found Marv?
3. What does Wendy give Marv that accidentally allows him to taste her lipstick?
4. What does Marv note about the wolf's breath?
5. What does Marv reveal as being one of his fears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Marv learn about Goldie from Lucille?
2. How does Marv take care of the officers at the end of Chapter 7?
3. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
4. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
5. How does Marv and Lucille escape from the farmhouse?
6. How does Marv react when he hears the helicopters approaching and why?
7. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
8. What traps does Marv set for Kevin?
9. Why does Wendy question Marv's motivations in finding Goldie's killer and what is his reply?
10. Describe Marv's last night alive.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the ways in which the unique art of "Sin City" is utilized in order to most effectively tell the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compose an essay that details the purpose of the graphic sexuality in "The Hard Goodbye."
Essay Topic 3
Explain the thematic elements of heaven and hell in "The Hard Goodbye."
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)