|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marv and Lucille hear as they leave the farmhouse?
2. When Marv awakens after being knocked out by Lucille, what weapon does he grab?
3. While searching for human remains, Marv finds a woman's shoe and a _____.
4. How is the man able to beat Marv in a fight?
5. What does Marv do to the status of Roark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
2. How was Marv coerced into signing the confession?
3. How does Marv kill Kevin?
4. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
5. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
6. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
7. Why does Marv feel guilty over Goldie's death?
8. Who is Wendy?
9. Why does Lucille knock Marv unconscious outside the farmhouse?
10. How does Marv gain the trust of the prostitutes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Marv's relationships with the women in his life and what each one reveals about him.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the ways in which the unique art of "Sin City" is utilized in order to most effectively tell the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the weather in "The Hard Goodbye," as well as the purpose of having dual rural and urban settings.
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)