|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendy give Marv that accidentally allows him to taste her lipstick?
2. What was Sin City during the days of the Old West?
3. From listening to his gut, what does Marv realize about the farm as he approaches it?
4. What is one of the more striking features of the farm?
5. What happens to Lucille at the end of chapter seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv and Lucille escape from the farmhouse?
2. Why is Marv uneasy about the idea of killing Roark?
3. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
4. How does Marv gain the trust of the prostitutes?
5. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
6. How does Marv take care of the officers at the end of Chapter 7?
7. What traps does Marv set for Kevin?
8. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
9. Why does Lucille knock Marv unconscious outside the farmhouse?
10. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Marv's perceptions of himself with the reality of what the readers learn about the character.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the thematic elements of heaven and hell in "The Hard Goodbye."
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Marv and Kevin and discuss the significance behind their similarities and differences.
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)