|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Roark's home?
2. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
3. How does Marv react to the news Lucille gives him about Goldie?
4. For what is Marv awaiting with his gun pulled as the police search the farmhouse?
5. At what is Kevin actually jumping when he mistakenly believes he found Marv?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
2. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
3. How does Marv gain the trust of the prostitutes?
4. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
5. How are the prostitutes tied to the history of Sin City?
6. What does the construction of the room in which Lucille and Marv are being held suggest about its intended purpose?
7. Describe Marv's last night alive.
8. What was Roark's relationship to Kevin?
9. Who is Wendy?
10. What repercussions is Marv aware that he will face after he takes care of Roark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is "The Hard Goodbye" an example of neo-noir in the mystery genre? Discuss the genre, specific plot elements, dialogue, atmosphere, characterization, as well as the art in regards to this style.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the Roark family's influence and power in Sin City (from past to present) has brought about Kevin's serial killings.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of both the statue of Roark and his fortified compound.
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)