|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From listening to his gut, what does Marv realize about the farm as he approaches it?
2. Which of the following does Marv not take with him as he leaves with Wendy in chapter nine?
3. What does Marv give to Cardinal Roark?
4. With what does Marv line the farmhouse property in an attempt to slow down Kevin?
5. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
2. How does Marv manage to finally trap Kevin?
3. Describe the room in which Marv awakens.
4. What was Roark's relationship to Kevin?
5. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
6. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
7. How does Marv take care of the officers at the end of Chapter 7?
8. What happened to Lucille in Chapter 6?
9. Describe the supplies Marv brings to the farm.
10. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the Roark family's influence and power in Sin City (from past to present) has brought about Kevin's serial killings.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of both the statue of Roark and his fortified compound.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the purpose of Marv's mental illness in terms of characterization, story, and atmosphere.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)