|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lucille at the end of chapter seven?
2. What do the police officers say they need to find out from Marv?
3. Although Roark first believed Kevin was insane, why did he start to participate in Kevin's rituals with the women?
4. What does Marv do that gains the trust of the prostitutes at the end of chapter eight?
5. What does Wendy do for Marv before he is electrocuted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv manage to finally trap Kevin?
2. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
3. How was Marv coerced into signing the confession?
4. What does the construction of the room in which Lucille and Marv are being held suggest about its intended purpose?
5. Describe the supplies Marv brings to the farm.
6. Describe the room in which Marv awakens.
7. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
8. What happened to Lucille in Chapter 6?
9. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
10. Why does Marv fear nature so much?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compose an essay that details and analyzes the madness in both Kevin and Roark, as well as how one has influenced the other.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Marv's statement about the awfulness of not having a purpose, as well as how Wendy and Goldie factor into what he sees as salvation.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the practice of making all vices illegal in Sin City has contributed to the decay of the city and the rise of the criminal elements.
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)