|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
2. With what does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
3. How did Lucille end up at the farm?
4. What does Wendy do for Marv before he is electrocuted?
5. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv manage to finally trap Kevin?
2. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
3. What repercussions is Marv aware that he will face after he takes care of Roark?
4. What information does Marv learn about Goldie from Lucille?
5. Why does Marv feel guilty over Goldie's death?
6. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
7. Describe the room in which Marv awakens.
8. How does Marv kill Kevin?
9. What was Roark's relationship to Kevin?
10. How was Marv coerced into signing the confession?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the purpose of Marv's mental illness in terms of characterization, story, and atmosphere.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance behind Lucille's gun and her murder? Discuss this in relation to the general atmosphere and depth of corruption in Sin City.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Marv's relationships with the women in his life and what each one reveals about him.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)