|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police officers say they need to find out from Marv?
2. Where do the prostitutes live in Sin City?
3. Which of the following does Marv not take to his confrontation with Kevin?
4. Why is Marv unsatisfied by Kevin's death?
5. Why do the cops not kill Marv after they find him with Roark's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compose an essay that details the purpose of the graphic sexuality in "The Hard Goodbye."
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance behind Lucille's gun and her murder? Discuss this in relation to the general atmosphere and depth of corruption in Sin City.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles of women in "The Hard Goodbye" and how their humanity is ignored by the male characters for varying reasons (Marv must be included in this analysis.)
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)