|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marv throw the cops after pulling them from their cruiser in Chapter 2?
2. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
3. How does Lucille procure medication for Marv?
4. What does Marv realize he needs at the end of Chapter 4?
5. Why can Marv not go outside during the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Nancy?
2. What happens to the hit men who come after Marv at Kadie's?
3. How does Marv explain his injuries and activities to his mother when he goes to her home for Gladys?
4. How does Marv get his medication?
5. What does Marv believe about his encounter with Goldie's doppelganger near the church?
6. What is significant about Lucille's gun?
7. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
8. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
9. Describe the alleyway by the hotel and what it reveals about Sin City.
10. What is significant about the pill Marv takes in chapter two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Marv's relationships with the women in his life and what each one reveals about him.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the purpose of Marv's mental illness in terms of characterization, story, and atmosphere.
Essay Topic 3
Compose an essay that details and analyzes the madness in both Kevin and Roark, as well as how one has influenced the other.
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)