|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sin City's actual name?
2. What does Marv instantly realize about the cause of Goldie's death?
3. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
4. How does Kadie repay Marv for the favors she owes him?
5. Who runs Marv down outside of the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Marv get from the priest in chapter five?
2. How does Marv explain his injuries and activities to his mother when he goes to her home for Gladys?
3. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
4. What is significant about the pill Marv takes in chapter two?
5. Who is Nancy?
6. What does Marv reveal about his philosophy in life to Lucille in her apartment?
7. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
8. Describe the alleyway by the hotel and what it reveals about Sin City.
9. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
10. Why does Marv kill the priest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance behind Lucille's gun and her murder? Discuss this in relation to the general atmosphere and depth of corruption in Sin City.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the religious symbolism and themes present in "The Hard Goodbye."
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Marv and discuss his role as both protagonist and anti-hero.
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)