|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
2. For what reason did Marv hold himself responsible for failing to prevent Goldie's death?
3. How does Marv feel about Goldie during their night together?
4. What kind of car does the priest drive?
5. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the contrasts between Marv's feelings for Goldie that night and his past?
2. How does Marv explain his injuries and activities to his mother when he goes to her home for Gladys?
3. What do the approaching police sirens indicate to Marv and why?
4. What does Marv swear to Goldie at the end of chapter two?
5. How does Marv pass the day in the beginning of chapter five?
6. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
7. Why does Marv send Weevil out to tell people his current location?
8. What does Marv believe will happen if he is caught by the police and what does this indicate about himself and the town?
9. Why does Marv discuss jigsaw puzzles at the beginning of chapter four?
10. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the religious symbolism and themes present in "The Hard Goodbye."
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the ways in which the unique art of "Sin City" is utilized in order to most effectively tell the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Roark family's influence and power in Sin City (from past to present) has brought about Kevin's serial killings.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)