Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
2. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
3. According to Marv, what is hell?
4. Describe the weather at the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
5. What does Lucille warn Marv will be the penalty for his activities that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Nancy?
2. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
3. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
4. Who is Wendy?
5. What are some of the mysteries Marv encounters in the first chapter of "The Hard Goodbye"?
6. What information does Marv get from the priest in chapter five?
7. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
8. What does Marv swear to Goldie at the end of chapter two?
9. Why does Marv kill the priest?
10. How does Marv get his medication?
Discuss the roles of women in "The Hard Goodbye" and how their humanity is ignored by the male characters for varying reasons (Marv must be included in this analysis.)
Discuss the symbolism of both the statue of Roark and his fortified compound.
Analyze Marv and discuss his role as both protagonist and anti-hero.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)