|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What container does Marv carry on him in Chapter 2?
2. How does Marv manage to return to the streets after escaping the police in Chapter 3?
3. What kind of car does the priest drive?
4. Why did Marv go to a church in Chapter 5?
5. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marv kill the priest?
2. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
3. What information does Marv get from the priest in chapter five?
4. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
5. What is significant about Lucille's gun?
6. What does Marv believe will happen if he is caught by the police and what does this indicate about himself and the town?
7. What are some of the mysteries Marv encounters in the first chapter of "The Hard Goodbye"?
8. What does Marv swear to Goldie at the end of chapter two?
9. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
10. How does Marv explain his injuries and activities to his mother when he goes to her home for Gladys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the ways in which the unique art of "Sin City" is utilized in order to most effectively tell the story.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance behind Lucille's gun and her murder? Discuss this in relation to the general atmosphere and depth of corruption in Sin City.
Essay Topic 3
Compose an essay that details the purpose of the graphic sexuality in "The Hard Goodbye."
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)