|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the bouncer initially try to tell Marv to leave?
2. After whom did Marv name his gun?
3. What is a significant descriptor of Kadie?
4. What does Marv believe will happen if the police should find him?
5. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the approaching police sirens indicate to Marv and why?
2. Describe the alleyway by the hotel and what it reveals about Sin City.
3. What does Marv believe will happen if he is caught by the police and what does this indicate about himself and the town?
4. How does Marv move from the water to the streets without drawing attention to himself from the cops?
5. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
6. What is significant about the amount of illegal activities in Sin City?
7. Describe Marv's deductions about the police officers in chapter two.
8. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
9. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
10. Why does Marv kill the priest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the ways in which the unique art of "Sin City" is utilized in order to most effectively tell the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the practice of making all vices illegal in Sin City has contributed to the decay of the city and the rise of the criminal elements.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Marv and Kevin and discuss the significance behind their similarities and differences.
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)