|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv realize he needs at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What is Sin City's actual name?
3. Who is watching Marv as he leaves the bar at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
5. What does Marv promise Goldie's dead body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Nancy?
2. What does Marv reveal about his philosophy in life to Lucille in her apartment?
3. What are some of the mysteries Marv encounters in the first chapter of "The Hard Goodbye"?
4. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
5. Why does Marv discuss jigsaw puzzles at the beginning of chapter four?
6. What information does Marv get from the priest in chapter five?
7. Describe Marv's deductions about the police officers in chapter two.
8. How does Marv pass the day in the beginning of chapter five?
9. How does Marv explain his injuries and activities to his mother when he goes to her home for Gladys?
10. What is significant about the amount of illegal activities in Sin City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compose an essay that details and analyzes the madness in both Kevin and Roark, as well as how one has influenced the other.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the weather in "The Hard Goodbye," as well as the purpose of having dual rural and urban settings.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles of women in "The Hard Goodbye" and how their humanity is ignored by the male characters for varying reasons (Marv must be included in this analysis.)
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)