|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucille take with her to investigate the noises outside her window?
2. Who is Tommy?
3. What is Marv doing at the top of Chapter 2?
4. How does Marv attempt to pass the time while waiting for the day to go by in Chapter 5?
5. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
2. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
3. How does Marv move from the water to the streets without drawing attention to himself from the cops?
4. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
5. What are the contrasts between Marv's feelings for Goldie that night and his past?
6. Describe Marv's deductions about the police officers in chapter two.
7. Why does Marv kill the priest?
8. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
9. What is significant about the amount of illegal activities in Sin City?
10. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the ways in which the unique art of "Sin City" is utilized in order to most effectively tell the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of both the statue of Roark and his fortified compound.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the practice of making all vices illegal in Sin City has contributed to the decay of the city and the rise of the criminal elements.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)