|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
2. What is significant about what is strewn about the street when Marv finally leaves his room in Chapter 5?
3. At the top of Chapter 4, for what does Marv admit to having a talent?
4. What container does Marv carry on him in Chapter 2?
5. Who is approaching the room as Marv says goodbye to Goldie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the contrasts between Marv's feelings for Goldie that night and his past?
2. How does Marv pass the day in the beginning of chapter five?
3. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
4. What is significant about the pill Marv takes in chapter two?
5. How does Marv get his medication?
6. What happens to the hit men who come after Marv at Kadie's?
7. Why does Marv kill the priest?
8. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
9. What does Marv reveal about his philosophy in life to Lucille in her apartment?
10. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance behind Lucille's gun and her murder? Discuss this in relation to the general atmosphere and depth of corruption in Sin City.
Essay Topic 2
Compose an essay that details and analyzes the madness in both Kevin and Roark, as well as how one has influenced the other.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Marv's statement about the awfulness of not having a purpose, as well as how Wendy and Goldie factor into what he sees as salvation.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)