|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marv convince the priest to give him the name of the person who ordered Goldie's death?
2. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
3. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
4. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
5. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marv reveal about his philosophy in life to Lucille in her apartment?
2. Who is Nancy?
3. What is significant about the amount of illegal activities in Sin City?
4. What is significant about the pill Marv takes in chapter two?
5. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
6. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
7. Describe Marv's deductions about the police officers in chapter two.
8. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
9. What is significant about Lucille's gun?
10. What is significant about Marv believing that he caught Goldie's scent in the air?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the religious symbolism and themes present in "The Hard Goodbye."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Marv's relationships with the women in his life and what each one reveals about him.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Marv and discuss his role as both protagonist and anti-hero.
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)