|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
2. Why does Marv profess to like hit men?
3. To whom do the police answer?
4. Why did Marv go to a church in Chapter 5?
5. According to Marv, what is hell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the amount of illegal activities in Sin City?
2. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
3. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
4. How does Marv react when he hears the helicopters approaching and why?
5. How does Marv gain the trust of the prostitutes?
6. What was Roark's relationship to Kevin?
7. What does Marv reveal about his philosophy in life to Lucille in her apartment?
8. How does Marv take care of the officers at the end of Chapter 7?
9. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
10. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the religious symbolism and themes present in "The Hard Goodbye."
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the ways in which the unique art of "Sin City" is utilized in order to most effectively tell the story.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Marv and discuss his role as both protagonist and anti-hero.
This section contains 1,452 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)