|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv believe about the woman who hit him with her car?
2. Who called the police in Chapter 1?
3. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
4. For what reason did Marv hold himself responsible for failing to prevent Goldie's death?
5. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv pass the day in the beginning of chapter five?
2. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
3. What was Roark's relationship to Kevin?
4. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
5. What repercussions is Marv aware that he will face after he takes care of Roark?
6. How was Marv coerced into signing the confession?
7. Who is Nancy?
8. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
9. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
10. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance behind Lucille's gun and her murder? Discuss this in relation to the general atmosphere and depth of corruption in Sin City.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of both the statue of Roark and his fortified compound.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Marv's relationships with the women in his life and what each one reveals about him.
This section contains 1,453 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)