|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marv manage to return to the streets after escaping the police in Chapter 3?
2. What ultimately happens to the police car Marv steals after his hotel escape?
3. Why is drinking illegal in Sin City?
4. To whom do the police answer?
5. What kind of car does the priest drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the alleyway by the hotel and what it reveals about Sin City.
2. What are the contrasts between Marv's feelings for Goldie that night and his past?
3. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
4. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
5. What do the approaching police sirens indicate to Marv and why?
6. What is significant about the pill Marv takes in chapter two?
7. How does Marv get his medication?
8. How does Marv move from the water to the streets without drawing attention to himself from the cops?
9. What happens to the hit men who come after Marv at Kadie's?
10. Describe the scene in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Marv's statement about the awfulness of not having a purpose, as well as how Wendy and Goldie factor into what he sees as salvation.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the complex morality of Marv, as well as how this affects his relationships to other characters (including the reader).
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the religious symbolism and themes present in "The Hard Goodbye."
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)