|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
2. What ultimately happens to the police car Marv steals after his hotel escape?
3. What does Marv believe will happen if the police should find him?
4. Where does the priest send Marv?
5. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Roark's relationship to Kevin?
2. Why does Marv kill the priest?
3. How does Marv take care of the officers at the end of Chapter 7?
4. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
5. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
6. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
7. Why does Marv discuss jigsaw puzzles at the beginning of chapter four?
8. How does Marv move from the water to the streets without drawing attention to himself from the cops?
9. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
10. What is significant about Lucille's gun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of both the statue of Roark and his fortified compound.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Marv's perceptions of himself with the reality of what the readers learn about the character.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the weather in "The Hard Goodbye," as well as the purpose of having dual rural and urban settings.
This section contains 1,399 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)