|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Marv cry in his mother's home?
2. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
3. What does Marv believe will happen if the police should find him?
4. Why did Marv go to a church in Chapter 5?
5. To whom do the police answer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
2. What does Marv swear to Goldie at the end of chapter two?
3. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
4. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
5. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
6. How does Marv get his medication?
7. What is significant about the amount of illegal activities in Sin City?
8. Who is Nancy?
9. Why does Marv send Weevil out to tell people his current location?
10. Describe the alleyway by the hotel and what it reveals about Sin City.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the symbolism of cannibalism in "The Hard Goodbye."
Essay Topic 2
Compose an essay that details and analyzes the madness in both Kevin and Roark, as well as how one has influenced the other.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the practice of making all vices illegal in Sin City has contributed to the decay of the city and the rise of the criminal elements.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)