|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what aspect of Goldie is Marv most taken?
2. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
3. Who runs Marv down outside of the church?
4. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
5. Who is watching Marv as he leaves the bar at the end of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the approaching police sirens indicate to Marv and why?
2. What are some of the mysteries Marv encounters in the first chapter of "The Hard Goodbye"?
3. Describe the alleyway by the hotel and what it reveals about Sin City.
4. Why does Marv kill the priest?
5. Describe the scene in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
6. What happens to the hit men who come after Marv at Kadie's?
7. How does Marv get his medication?
8. Describe Marv's deductions about the police officers in chapter two.
9. What does Marv swear to Goldie at the end of chapter two?
10. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Marv and discuss his role as both protagonist and anti-hero.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the practice of making all vices illegal in Sin City has contributed to the decay of the city and the rise of the criminal elements.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Marv's perceptions of himself with the reality of what the readers learn about the character.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)