|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marv land after escaping the hotel?
2. What is a significant descriptor of Kadie?
3. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
4. Where did Goldie pick up Marv before bringing him to the hotel?
5. How long does Marv sleep after making love to Goldie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the contrasts between Marv's feelings for Goldie that night and his past?
2. What does Marv believe about his encounter with Goldie's doppelganger near the church?
3. What information does Marv get from the priest in chapter five?
4. What do the approaching police sirens indicate to Marv and why?
5. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
6. What is significant about the amount of illegal activities in Sin City?
7. What is significant about Marv believing that he caught Goldie's scent in the air?
8. Why does Marv kill the priest?
9. What happens to the hit men who come after Marv at Kadie's?
10. How does Marv pass the day in the beginning of chapter five?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Marv's perceptions of himself with the reality of what the readers learn about the character.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the Roark family's influence and power in Sin City (from past to present) has brought about Kevin's serial killings.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the thematic elements of heaven and hell in "The Hard Goodbye."
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)