|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marv not kill the wolf?
(a) He does not kill animals, as they are not evil.
(b) He admires the animal too much to shoot it.
(c) He wants to save the wolf for himself.
(d) He is able to calm the wolf.
2. What does Marv unthinkingly attempt to do to Wendy in the hotel room?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Touch her.
(c) Slap her.
(d) Shoot her.
3. Why is Marv unable to look at Wendy in the car?
(a) He feels guilty about her sister.
(b) He is angry at the way she attacked him.
(c) He keeps thinking she is Goldie.
(d) He feels ashamed of his looks around her.
4. What does Wendy give Marv that accidentally allows him to taste her lipstick?
(a) A tissue.
(b) A flask of whiskey.
(c) A gag.
(d) A cigarette.
5. Which of the following does Marv not take with him as he leaves with Wendy in chapter nine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Marv's last meal before he is executed is steak and ______.
2. How is the man able to beat Marv in a fight?
3. For what is Marv awaiting with his gun pulled as the police search the farmhouse?
4. Why does Marv love the rain?
5. Why does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wendy?
2. What information does Marv learn about Goldie from Lucille?
3. How does Marv manage to finally trap Kevin?
4. What was Roark's relationship to Kevin?
5. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
6. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
7. What does the construction of the room in which Lucille and Marv are being held suggest about its intended purpose?
8. Why does Marv feel guilty over Goldie's death?
9. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
10. How does Marv take care of the officers at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)