|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the assistant district attorney force Marv to sign the confession?
(a) They tell him that Nancy will be safe if he stays in jail.
(b) They threaten to kill Wendy.
(c) They suggest that they will allow Kevin's wolf to eat him if he does not sign.
(d) They threaten to kill his mother.
2. What does Marv realize will ultimately happen to him, given Roark's assured involvement in Goldie's death?
(a) Marv will be imprisoned.
(b) Marv will be destroying the city itself.
(c) Marv will be thrown out of Sin City.
(d) Marv will die.
3. With what does Marv line the farmhouse property in an attempt to slow down Kevin?
(a) Broken glass.
(b) Razor wire.
(c) Pipe bombs.
(d) Molotov cocktails.
4. What does Marv do that gains the trust of the prostitutes at the end of chapter eight?
(a) He easily broke free of his ropes.
(b) He shows them his wounds.
(c) He gives them his gun.
(d) He tells them about loving Goldie.
5. What does Marv reveal as being one of his fears?
(d) The dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marv flush Kevin out of the farmhouse?
2. Who lends Marv a pair of handcuffs?
3. According to Marv, what led him to discover one of his biggest fears in his life?
4. About what does Marv pay a compliment to the last police officer left standing at the farmhouse?
5. Why is Marv unsatisfied by Kevin's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the prostitutes tied to the history of Sin City?
2. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
3. Why does Lucille knock Marv unconscious outside the farmhouse?
4. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
5. What happened to Lucille in Chapter 6?
6. Describe the room in which Marv awakens.
7. Why is Marv uneasy about the idea of killing Roark?
8. How does Marv gain the trust of the prostitutes?
9. What repercussions is Marv aware that he will face after he takes care of Roark?
10. How does Marv react when he hears the helicopters approaching and why?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)