|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
(a) He is afraid that she will turn on him.
(b) He does not want her to see what he is going to do to Kevin.
(c) He believes she will show him too much mercy.
(d) He does not want her to kill him herself.
2. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
(a) The bed.
(b) The floor.
(c) The couch.
(d) The balcony.
3. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
(a) Goldie is still alive.
(b) Goldie is buried on the farm.
(c) Goldie framed him.
(d) Goldie was a prostitute.
4. Why is Nancy happy to help Marv with Wendy?
(a) Nancy and Wendy are best friends.
(b) Nancy owes her life to Marv.
(c) Marv beat up a man who had tried to assault her.
(d) Nancy is in love with Marv.
5. According to Lucille, what does the man with the glasses do to the women before he kills them?
(a) Eats them.
(b) Rapes them.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Blinds them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police officers say they need to find out from Marv?
2. Why is Marv unable to look at Wendy in the car?
3. Why does Marv go to the hardware store in chapter nine?
4. Why did Wendy repeatedly attack Marv?
5. Who lends Marv a pair of handcuffs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucille knock Marv unconscious outside the farmhouse?
2. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
3. Why does Wendy question Marv's motivations in finding Goldie's killer and what is his reply?
4. Describe the room in which Marv awakens.
5. What happened to Lucille in Chapter 6?
6. How does Marv manage to finally trap Kevin?
7. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
8. Who is Wendy?
9. Why does Marv feel guilty over Goldie's death?
10. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)