|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marv watch twenty blocks away from Nancy's home?
(a) He needs time to clear his head.
(b) He is afraid that she will send someone after him.
(c) He needs to steel himself to killing Roark.
(d) He does not want anyone to connect him to her.
2. Why does Marv advise the woman to only hit him with the handle of the gun?
(a) It will not accidentally discharge.
(b) She will cut his scalp otherwise.
(c) She will get more impact against his head.
(d) It will not ruin the gun.
3. Why does Marv go to the hardware store in chapter nine?
(a) He is going to have Wendy hide out in the reinforced safe room there.
(b) He needs to fix his axe.
(c) He has to pick up supplies.
(d) He has a contact there with guns.
4. What do the police officers say they need to find out from Marv?
(a) The people he talked to about Goldie.
(b) The location of Goldie's body.
(c) How many men he has killed over Goldie.
(d) How many prostitutes were murdered in the farmhouse.
5. At what is Kevin actually jumping when he mistakenly believes he found Marv?
(a) Marv's coat.
(b) His wolf.
(c) A dead tree.
(d) A razor wire trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Marv not take with him as he leaves with Wendy in chapter nine?
2. Why is Marv determined to go after Roark?
3. Who is responsible for the presence of the prostitutes in Sin City?
4. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
5. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the supplies Marv brings to the farm.
2. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
3. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
4. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
5. How was Marv coerced into signing the confession?
6. Why does Lucille knock Marv unconscious outside the farmhouse?
7. How does Marv react when he hears the helicopters approaching and why?
8. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
9. How does Marv take care of the officers at the end of Chapter 7?
10. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)