|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marv run for cover when the police arrives?
(a) He knows they will misunderstand his being with Lucille.
(b) He is afraid that Kevin has returned.
(c) Lucille does not wish to be seen by anyone.
(d) He knows they are there to kill them.
2. Which of the following does Marv not take with him as he leaves with Wendy in chapter nine?
3. What does Marv realize will ultimately happen to him, given Roark's assured involvement in Goldie's death?
(a) Marv will be imprisoned.
(b) Marv will die.
(c) Marv will be destroying the city itself.
(d) Marv will be thrown out of Sin City.
4. At what is Kevin actually jumping when he mistakenly believes he found Marv?
(a) Marv's coat.
(b) A dead tree.
(c) His wolf.
(d) A razor wire trap.
5. Why does Marv feel responsible for Goldie's death?
(a) He knew Goldie was helpless.
(b) He made the situation for her worse.
(c) He is afraid his involvement made her death more immediate.
(d) He was too drunk to hear Kevin sneak in and killer her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marv at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. How does Marv react to the news Lucille gives him about Goldie?
3. How does Marv flush Kevin out of the farmhouse?
4. What does Marv note about the wolf's breath?
5. Marv's last meal before he is executed is steak and ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv and Lucille escape from the farmhouse?
2. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
3. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
4. Why does Wendy question Marv's motivations in finding Goldie's killer and what is his reply?
5. Why does Marv feel guilty over Goldie's death?
6. Why does Marv fear nature so much?
7. How does Marv gain the trust of the prostitutes?
8. What does the construction of the room in which Lucille and Marv are being held suggest about its intended purpose?
9. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
10. Why does Lucille knock Marv unconscious outside the farmhouse?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)