|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the cops not kill Marv after they find him with Roark's body?
(a) They want to pin all the murders on him.
(b) Marv asks them for mercy.
(c) They knew they would be arrested if they killed him.
(d) They want to torture him like he tortured Roark.
2. Why is Marv unable to look at Wendy in the car?
(a) He keeps thinking she is Goldie.
(b) He feels guilty about her sister.
(c) He is angry at the way she attacked him.
(d) He feels ashamed of his looks around her.
3. Why does Marv watch twenty blocks away from Nancy's home?
(a) He needs to steel himself to killing Roark.
(b) He is afraid that she will send someone after him.
(c) He does not want anyone to connect him to her.
(d) He needs time to clear his head.
4. What do the police officers say they need to find out from Marv?
(a) How many prostitutes were murdered in the farmhouse.
(b) The people he talked to about Goldie.
(c) How many men he has killed over Goldie.
(d) The location of Goldie's body.
5. Why does Marv run for cover when the police arrives?
(a) He knows they are there to kill them.
(b) Lucille does not wish to be seen by anyone.
(c) He knows they will misunderstand his being with Lucille.
(d) He is afraid that Kevin has returned.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Marv line the farmhouse property in an attempt to slow down Kevin?
2. While searching for human remains, Marv finds a woman's shoe and a _____.
3. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
4. How did Lucille end up at the farm?
5. Why does Marv begin to doubt the events of the last few days in chapter eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wendy?
2. How does Marv react when he hears the helicopters approaching and why?
3. How does Marv manage to finally trap Kevin?
4. How does Marv kill Kevin?
5. Why does Lucille knock Marv unconscious outside the farmhouse?
6. What repercussions is Marv aware that he will face after he takes care of Roark?
7. Describe Marv's last night alive.
8. How does Marv take care of the officers at the end of Chapter 7?
9. Describe the supplies Marv brings to the farm.
10. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)