|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv attempt to visualize in the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) His death.
(b) Roark's death.
(c) Goldie's murder.
(d) Kevin's death.
2. When Marv wakes up in the room with Lucille, what does he see mounted on the wall?
(a) Women's fingernails.
(b) Women's heads.
(c) Women's dresses.
(d) Women's shoes.
3. What was Sin City during the days of the Old West?
(a) Lawless frontier land.
(b) Penal colony.
(c) Mining town.
(d) Colony for lepers.
4. Why does Marv go to the hardware store in chapter nine?
(a) He has to pick up supplies.
(b) He is going to have Wendy hide out in the reinforced safe room there.
(c) He needs to fix his axe.
(d) He has a contact there with guns.
5. What does Wendy do for Marv before he is electrocuted?
(a) She brings him Gladys so that he can choose to commit suicide.
(b) She makes love to him and lets him call her Goldie.
(c) She promises to protect his mother.
(d) She brings him the cross he always wore around his neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nancy happy to help Marv with Wendy?
2. Why does Marv love the rain?
3. What does Lucille give the police officers?
4. With what does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
5. Why does Marv feel responsible for Goldie's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Lucille in Chapter 6?
2. Who is Wendy?
3. Why does Marv fear nature so much?
4. How does Marv take care of the officers at the end of Chapter 7?
5. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
6. Why is Marv uneasy about the idea of killing Roark?
7. How are the prostitutes tied to the history of Sin City?
8. What information does Marv learn about Goldie from Lucille?
9. Why does Wendy question Marv's motivations in finding Goldie's killer and what is his reply?
10. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)