|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the shower drains in the room at the farmhouse suggest to Marv?
(a) It was specially designed for Kevin.
(b) It was a slaughterhouse for animals.
(c) It was once a residence for a family.
(d) It was designed to easily clean up things like blood.
2. Why does Marv love the rain?
(a) He feels like it cleanses Sin City.
(b) It reminds him of his childhood.
(c) It makes him feel cleaner.
(d) It allows him to walk the streets alone and think.
3. What does Marv do that gains the trust of the prostitutes at the end of chapter eight?
(a) He shows them his wounds.
(b) He tells them about loving Goldie.
(c) He easily broke free of his ropes.
(d) He gives them his gun.
4. How did Lucille end up at the farm?
(a) She was captured on her way to her car.
(b) She was told she could find Marv there.
(c) She was told to go there or her girlfriend would be killed.
(d) She followed Marv.
5. What is Roark's nickname in Sin City?
(a) The Yellow Bastard.
(b) Father Patrick.
(c) The Beast.
(d) Saint Patrick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv realize before being knocked out with the mallet?
2. Why did Roark arrange for Goldie's murder?
3. Why does Marv feel responsible for Goldie's death?
4. Why is Marv determined to go after Roark?
5. What is Wendy's relationship to Goldie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
2. How does Marv react when he hears the helicopters approaching and why?
3. Describe Marv's last night alive.
4. Who is Wendy?
5. How does Marv take care of the officers at the end of Chapter 7?
6. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
7. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
8. How does Marv kill Kevin?
9. What information does Marv learn about Goldie from Lucille?
10. How does Marv and Lucille escape from the farmhouse?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)