|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kevin confess to Roark when he first met him as a young boy?
(a) His homosexuality.
(b) His fear of God.
(c) His cannibalism.
(d) His hatred of women.
2. Why does Marv love the rain?
(a) It makes him feel cleaner.
(b) It reminds him of his childhood.
(c) He feels like it cleanses Sin City.
(d) It allows him to walk the streets alone and think.
3. Where do the prostitutes live in Sin City?
(a) The Project House.
(b) Old Town.
(c) The church basement.
(d) South City.
4. What is one of the more striking features of the farm?
(a) The silo.
(b) The deconstructed barn.
(c) The taxidermic animals on the lawn.
(d) The windmill.
5. According to Marv, what led him to discover one of his biggest fears in his life?
(a) He was nearly buried alive as a teenager.
(b) He was attacked by a wolf.
(c) He was tied to a tree at night as a child.
(d) He was abandoned in the woods by his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv ask Nancy to do with Wendy?
2. Why is Marv initially unable to break down the door in the farmhouse?
3. What does Wendy do for Marv before he is electrocuted?
4. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
5. What do the shower drains in the room at the farmhouse suggest to Marv?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the prostitutes tied to the history of Sin City?
2. Why does Lucille knock Marv unconscious outside the farmhouse?
3. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
4. Why is Marv uneasy about the idea of killing Roark?
5. Why does Wendy question Marv's motivations in finding Goldie's killer and what is his reply?
6. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
7. Describe the room in which Marv awakens.
8. Why does Marv fear nature so much?
9. How does Marv kill Kevin?
10. What was Roark's relationship to Kevin?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)