|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marv not kill the wolf?
(a) He admires the animal too much to shoot it.
(b) He wants to save the wolf for himself.
(c) He is able to calm the wolf.
(d) He does not kill animals, as they are not evil.
2. What does Wendy do for Marv before he is electrocuted?
(a) She makes love to him and lets him call her Goldie.
(b) She brings him Gladys so that he can choose to commit suicide.
(c) She brings him the cross he always wore around his neck.
(d) She promises to protect his mother.
3. Which of the following does Marv not take to his confrontation with Kevin?
(b) Razor wire.
4. Why does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
(a) She has gone insane from fear.
(b) She is afraid that he is too noisy and will attract attention.
(c) She is part of the frame up against Marv.
(d) She believes Marv could get them killed.
5. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
(a) He is afraid that she will turn on him.
(b) He does not want her to kill him herself.
(c) He does not want her to see what he is going to do to Kevin.
(d) He believes she will show him too much mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marv's last meal before he is executed is steak and ______.
2. When Marv awakens after being knocked out by Lucille, what weapon does he grab?
3. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
4. How did Lucille end up at the farm?
5. How does Marv flush Kevin out of the farmhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the construction of the room in which Lucille and Marv are being held suggest about its intended purpose?
2. What information does Marv learn about Goldie from Lucille?
3. How does Marv take care of the officers at the end of Chapter 7?
4. Describe the supplies Marv brings to the farm.
5. Why is Marv uneasy about the idea of killing Roark?
6. How does Marv gain the trust of the prostitutes?
7. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
8. How does Marv react when he hears the helicopters approaching and why?
9. Describe the room in which Marv awakens.
10. What happens to Lucille at the end of Chapter 7 and why?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)