|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
(a) He is afraid that she will turn on him.
(b) He believes she will show him too much mercy.
(c) He does not want her to kill him herself.
(d) He does not want her to see what he is going to do to Kevin.
2. Why is Marv unsatisfied by Kevin's death?
(a) Kevin is unresponsive up until the end.
(b) Marv is sick of killing people.
(c) Kevin dies too quickly for Marv's liking.
(d) Kevin is not capable of understanding evil.
3. Why is Marv determined to go after Roark?
(a) He feels he owes to Goldie for not being able to save her.
(b) He is afraid the situation in Sin City will only worsen.
(c) He wants to destroy Sin City.
(d) He wants to stop Kevin.
4. What does Marv reveal about his love life to Wendy?
(a) His first girlfriend was murdered.
(b) He is afraid of women.
(c) He used to be very violent.
(d) He could never even get a prostitute with his looks.
5. What was Sin City during the days of the Old West?
(a) Mining town.
(b) Lawless frontier land.
(c) Colony for lepers.
(d) Penal colony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Roark arrange for Goldie's murder?
2. How does the assistant district attorney force Marv to sign the confession?
3. What does Marve realize about the guards outside of Roark's home?
4. What does Wendy reveal to Marv about Goldie that helps to link Roark and Kevin together?
5. What does Marv do to the status of Roark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
2. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
3. What traps does Marv set for Kevin?
4. What happened to Lucille in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Marv feel guilty over Goldie's death?
6. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
7. How are the prostitutes tied to the history of Sin City?
8. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
9. What information does Marv learn about Goldie from Lucille?
10. What repercussions is Marv aware that he will face after he takes care of Roark?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)