|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marve realize about the guards outside of Roark's home?
(a) They are part of the group that killed Lucille.
(b) They are mercenaries from the toughest parts of Sin City.
(c) They are prostitutes from Old Town.
(d) They are members of high society.
2. In chapter eight, what realization does Marv have about Goldie's motivations for seducing him?
(a) She was trying to frighten away a mean customer.
(b) She was genuinely attracted to him.
(c) She wanted his protection.
(d) She had fallen in love with his protective instincts.
3. What does Marv do to the status of Roark?
(a) Slashes it with his hatchet.
(b) Knocks it down.
(c) Defaces it.
(d) Shoots at it.
4. Why does Marv feel responsible for Goldie's death?
(a) He was too drunk to hear Kevin sneak in and killer her.
(b) He made the situation for her worse.
(c) He is afraid his involvement made her death more immediate.
(d) He knew Goldie was helpless.
5. Why is Marv unable to look at Wendy in the car?
(a) He feels guilty about her sister.
(b) He feels ashamed of his looks around her.
(c) He is angry at the way she attacked him.
(d) He keeps thinking she is Goldie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Marv most about the man with the glasses?
2. To whom did Kevin only speak?
3. Why do the cops not kill Marv after they find him with Roark's body?
4. According to Marv, what led him to discover one of his biggest fears in his life?
5. Where does Marv find his new weapon while Lucille talks to the police officers outside the farmhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the supplies Marv brings to the farm.
2. Describe the room in which Marv awakens.
3. Why does Marv feel guilty over Goldie's death?
4. What was Roark's relationship to Kevin?
5. What does the construction of the room in which Lucille and Marv are being held suggest about its intended purpose?
6. Describe Marv's encounter with the man in the glasses.
7. Why does Wendy question Marv's motivations in finding Goldie's killer and what is his reply?
8. Why is Marv uncomfortable around Wendy?
9. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
10. How does Marv gain the trust of the prostitutes?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)