|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marv doing at the top of Chapter 2?
(a) Holding Goldie's hand.
(c) Burying Goldie.
(d) Escaping by the rooftop.
2. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
(a) The police nearly arrested Claire.
(b) Lucille grew jealous.
(c) She got too scared.
(d) Marv grew angry.
3. Why is drinking illegal in Sin City?
(a) It allows politicians to collect bribes from nightclub owners to serve alcohol.
(b) It cuts down on the violence.
(c) The Church has absolute authority on legal morality.
(d) It is too expensive for the city's income to maintain.
4. What is Lucille's relationship to Marv?
(a) She is his psychologist.
(b) She is his partner.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his parole officer.
5. What makes Marv cry in his mother's home?
(a) The absence of his father.
(b) His mother's cane.
(c) The disarray.
(d) The smells from childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. When making his escape from the hotel, where is Marv shot?
2. Who is waiting for Marv to surface from the water, not knowing that he has exited the water another way?
3. Who runs Marv down outside of the church?
4. How does Marv attempt to pass the time while waiting for the day to go by in Chapter 5?
5. With what aspect of Goldie is Marv most taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What repercussions is Marv aware that he will face after he takes care of Roark?
2. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
3. What happened to Lucille in Chapter 6?
4. What does Marv believe will happen if he is caught by the police and what does this indicate about himself and the town?
5. What information does Marv learn about Goldie from Lucille?
6. What do the approaching police sirens indicate to Marv and why?
7. What does Marv reveal about his philosophy in life to Lucille in her apartment?
8. How does Marv gain the trust of the prostitutes?
9. How does Marv kill Kevin?
10. What does the construction of the room in which Lucille and Marv are being held suggest about its intended purpose?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)