|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marv's friend from school?
(a) Roark, Jr.
(c) Jackie Boy.
2. To whom do the police answer?
(a) Whoever pays them.
(b) The law.
(c) The underworld.
(d) The police captain.
3. What is Lucille's relationship to Marv?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) She is his psychologist.
(c) She is his partner.
(d) She is his parole officer.
4. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
(a) Water bed.
(c) Flea infested.
5. Why did Marv go to a church in Chapter 5?
(a) He wants to confess his sins.
(b) He needs sanctuary.
(c) The priest was implicated in Goldie's murder.
(d) The priest used to be his teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what aspect of Goldie is Marv most taken?
2. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
3. How does Marv escape from the hotel room?
4. After whom did Marv name his gun?
5. What does Lucille warn Marv will be the penalty for his activities that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marv believe about his encounter with Goldie's doppelganger near the church?
2. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
3. Describe Marv's deductions about the police officers in chapter two.
4. What happens to the hit men who come after Marv at Kadie's?
5. What does Marv believe will happen if he is caught by the police and what does this indicate about himself and the town?
6. What does Marv swear to Goldie at the end of chapter two?
7. How does Marv get his medication?
8. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
9. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
10. Why does Marv discuss jigsaw puzzles at the beginning of chapter four?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)