|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marv, what is hell?
(a) Having no purpose in life.
(b) Constantly being misunderstood.
(c) Eternal pain.
(d) Having Goldie taken away from him.
2. How does Marv convince the priest to give him the name of the person who ordered Goldie's death?
(a) He threatens to burn down the confessional.
(b) He threatens to go to the newspaper with the story.
(c) He holds the priest underwater.
(d) He lets the priest hear him cocking his pistol.
3. How does Marv explain his injuries to his mother?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) He was mugged on the way home.
(c) He cut himself shaving.
(d) He got into a fight over someone insulting his girlfriend.
4. Who is Tommy?
(a) Marv's weapons contact.
(b) The man who killed Goldie.
(c) The man who ordered the man to send the hit men after Marv.
(d) Goldie's brother.
5. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
(a) Her anger at him.
(b) Her compassion for him.
(c) Her lawful ways.
(d) Her lesbianism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about what is strewn about the street when Marv finally leaves his room in Chapter 5?
2. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
3. Where did Goldie pick up Marv before bringing him to the hotel?
4. Who is waiting for Marv to surface from the water, not knowing that he has exited the water another way?
5. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the amount of illegal activities in Sin City?
2. What is significant about the pill Marv takes in chapter two?
3. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
4. What are the contrasts between Marv's feelings for Goldie that night and his past?
5. How does Marv get his medication?
6. Describe the scene in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
7. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
8. What do the approaching police sirens indicate to Marv and why?
9. What happens to the hit men who come after Marv at Kadie's?
10. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)