|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sin City's actual name?
(b) Basin City.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Valley City.
2. How does Lucille procure medication for Marv?
(a) She goes through her dealer.
(b) She steals it from a hospital.
(c) Her brother is a pharmacist.
(d) Her girlfriend is a psychiatrist.
3. What does Marv ask for when Lucille finds him?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) A beer.
(c) A joint.
4. According to Marv, his torture of Goldie's murderer will be so horrible, ____ will be a relief.
5. What kind of music does Kadie play in her nightclub?
(c) Old country music.
(d) Classic rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv promise Goldie's dead body?
2. At the top of Chapter 4, for what does Marv admit to having a talent?
3. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
4. How does Marv explain his injuries to his mother?
5. What container does Marv carry on him in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the alleyway by the hotel and what it reveals about Sin City.
2. How does Marv get his medication?
3. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
4. What information does Marv get from the priest in chapter five?
5. How does Marv explain his injuries and activities to his mother when he goes to her home for Gladys?
6. How does Marv move from the water to the streets without drawing attention to himself from the cops?
7. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
8. Why does Marv kill the priest?
9. What does Marv believe will happen if he is caught by the police and what does this indicate about himself and the town?
10. What are the contrasts between Marv's feelings for Goldie that night and his past?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)