|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
(a) He has a grappling hook.
(b) He has nails embedded into his boots.
(c) He hangs by the bricks.
(d) He finds a ladder.
2. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He forgot to take his medicine.
(b) He hit his head on the asphalt.
(c) He is still very drunk.
(d) He is in a lot of pain from being shot.
3. How does Marv injure the bouncer to Kadie's?
(a) He breaks his teeth.
(b) He snaps his wrist.
(c) He crushes his kneecap.
(d) He pushes in his eyes.
4. How does Marv attempt to pass the time while waiting for the day to go by in Chapter 5?
(a) Watching TV.
5. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
(a) Lucille grew jealous.
(b) Marv grew angry.
(c) She got too scared.
(d) The police nearly arrested Claire.
Short Answer Questions
1. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
2. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
3. When making his escape from the hotel, where is Marv shot?
4. Who is watching Marv as he leaves the bar at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What is a significant descriptor of Kadie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the hit men who come after Marv at Kadie's?
2. What is significant about Lucille's gun?
3. What does Marv believe will happen if he is caught by the police and what does this indicate about himself and the town?
4. Who is Nancy?
5. What is significant about Marv believing that he caught Goldie's scent in the air?
6. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
7. What is significant about the amount of illegal activities in Sin City?
8. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
9. What is significant about the pill Marv takes in chapter two?
10. Why does Marv kill the priest?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)