|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv believe about the woman who hit him with her car?
(a) He is hallucinating.
(b) It is Goldie.
(c) It is Goldie's sister.
(d) It is someone playing a cruel prank on him.
2. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
(a) His police badge.
(b) His gun.
(c) His coat.
(d) His sword.
3. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He is in a lot of pain from being shot.
(b) He is still very drunk.
(c) He forgot to take his medicine.
(d) He hit his head on the asphalt.
4. From what infirm does Marv's mother suffer?
(c) Unable to walk.
5. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) Burn down the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the arrival of the police officers in Chapter 1 indicate to Marv?
2. Who does Marv send out to spread word of his current whereabouts?
3. What does Marv promise Goldie's dead body?
4. What does Marv note about the condition of Goldie's dead body?
5. What is a significant descriptor of Kadie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
2. What are the contrasts between Marv's feelings for Goldie that night and his past?
3. Describe the alleyway by the hotel and what it reveals about Sin City.
4. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
5. Who is Nancy?
6. What information does Marv get from the priest in chapter five?
7. How does Marv pass the day in the beginning of chapter five?
8. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
9. How does Marv get his medication?
10. How does Marv move from the water to the streets without drawing attention to himself from the cops?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)