|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
(a) Flea infested.
(c) Water bed.
2. Who is waiting for Marv to surface from the water, not knowing that he has exited the water another way?
(b) Police officers.
(c) His gang.
(d) The murderer.
3. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He is in a lot of pain from being shot.
(b) He forgot to take his medicine.
(c) He is still very drunk.
(d) He hit his head on the asphalt.
4. How does Marv convince the priest to give him the name of the person who ordered Goldie's death?
(a) He threatens to burn down the confessional.
(b) He threatens to go to the newspaper with the story.
(c) He lets the priest hear him cocking his pistol.
(d) He holds the priest underwater.
5. Why did Marv go to a church in Chapter 5?
(a) He needs sanctuary.
(b) The priest was implicated in Goldie's murder.
(c) The priest used to be his teacher.
(d) He wants to confess his sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marv, his torture of Goldie's murderer will be so horrible, ____ will be a relief.
2. What does Marv realize he needs at the end of Chapter 4?
3. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
4. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
5. How long does Marv sleep after making love to Goldie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv explain his injuries and activities to his mother when he goes to her home for Gladys?
2. Why does Marv kill the priest?
3. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
4. What happens to the hit men who come after Marv at Kadie's?
5. Who is Nancy?
6. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
7. Why does Marv send Weevil out to tell people his current location?
8. What information does Marv get from the priest in chapter five?
9. What is significant about Marv believing that he caught Goldie's scent in the air?
10. What does Marv believe about his encounter with Goldie's doppelganger near the church?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)