|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv break when he finally escapes from the hotel in Chapter 2?
2. What does Marv hesitate to question about Goldie in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye"?
(a) Why he saw her double on the street earlier.
(b) If she is on drugs.
(c) Why she is with him.
(d) What she does for a living.
3. How does Marv injure the bouncer to Kadie's?
(a) He snaps his wrist.
(b) He pushes in his eyes.
(c) He crushes his kneecap.
(d) He breaks his teeth.
4. How does Marv manage to return to the streets after escaping the police in Chapter 3?
(a) He climbs up a manhole.
(b) He disguises himself as a police officer.
(c) He takes the long way around to Lucille's apartment.
(d) He leaves a false trail for the police to follow.
5. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
(c) Burn down the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marv convince the priest to give him the name of the person who ordered Goldie's death?
2. To whom do the police answer?
3. About what does Marv pay a complement to one of the hit men who finds him in Kadie's?
4. After whom did Marv name his gun?
5. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marv swear to Goldie at the end of chapter two?
2. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
3. How does Marv get his medication?
4. Why does Marv send Weevil out to tell people his current location?
5. How does Marv move from the water to the streets without drawing attention to himself from the cops?
6. Describe Marv's deductions about the police officers in chapter two.
7. How does Marv pass the day in the beginning of chapter five?
8. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
9. What does Marv reveal about his philosophy in life to Lucille in her apartment?
10. What are some of the mysteries Marv encounters in the first chapter of "The Hard Goodbye"?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)