|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv note about the condition of Goldie's dead body?
(a) She has been shot several times.
(b) She has been stabbed.
(c) She has been burned.
(d) There are no marks on her.
2. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
(a) His gun.
(b) His police badge.
(c) His coat.
(d) His sword.
3. What does Marv sense as he walks away from Kadie's?
(a) Goldie's scent.
(b) He is about to be killed.
(c) He is completely alone.
(d) Someone is watching him.
4. What is Lucille's relationship to Marv?
(a) She is his psychologist.
(b) She is his partner.
(c) She is his parole officer.
(d) She is his sister.
5. What is significant about what is strewn about the street when Marv finally leaves his room in Chapter 5?
(a) There are bodies everywhere.
(b) The streets are completely cleaned up.
(c) Marv sees the evidence of a recent gun fight.
(d) Marv sees wanted posters with his picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
2. When Marv is cornered by the police car after escaping from the hotel, what does he break on it?
3. What is a side effect of the legal status of drinking?
4. What does Marv realize he needs at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Marv get from the priest in chapter five?
2. Why does Marv discuss jigsaw puzzles at the beginning of chapter four?
3. How does Marv pass the day in the beginning of chapter five?
4. Describe the scene in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
5. Why does Marv send Weevil out to tell people his current location?
6. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
7. What do the approaching police sirens indicate to Marv and why?
8. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
9. What is significant about the pill Marv takes in chapter two?
10. How does Marv move from the water to the streets without drawing attention to himself from the cops?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)