|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kadie repay Marv for the favors she owes him?
(a) Marv is allowed to do anything he wants in the bar.
(b) Marv drinks for free at her bar.
(c) Marv can be given sanctuary in her bar.
(d) Marv is paid back in weapons.
2. In what setting does "The Hard Goodbye" begin?
(b) Marv's apartment.
(c) Strip club.
3. What is a significant descriptor of Kadie?
4. Describe the weather at the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
5. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
2. What word describes the Sin City police force?
3. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
4. According to Marv, his torture of Goldie's murderer will be so horrible, ____ will be a relief.
5. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
2. What is significant about Lucille's gun?
3. Who is Nancy?
4. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
5. Why does Marv kill the priest?
6. Describe the alleyway by the hotel and what it reveals about Sin City.
7. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
8. How does Marv pass the day in the beginning of chapter five?
9. What are the contrasts between Marv's feelings for Goldie that night and his past?
10. Why does Marv discuss jigsaw puzzles at the beginning of chapter four?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)