|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv believe will happen if the police should find him?
(a) He will be killed.
(b) He will be arrested.
(c) He will escape.
(d) He will negotiate his release.
2. What ultimately happens to the police car Marv steals after his hotel escape?
(a) He drives it off a pier.
(b) He leaves it in a junkyard.
(c) He sets it on fire.
(d) He crashes it into a brick wall.
3. What is a side effect of the legal status of drinking?
(a) Alcohol is practicailly free.
(b) Alcohol is incredibly expensive.
(c) Nobody drinks.
(d) Only politicians can drink.
4. For what reason did Marv hold himself responsible for failing to prevent Goldie's death?
(a) He was strung-out.
(b) He was scared.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He was exhausted.
5. What does Marv ask for when Lucille finds him?
(b) A joint.
(c) A place to sleep.
(d) A beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv believe about the woman who hit him with her car?
2. Who does Marv send out to spread word of his current whereabouts?
3. What does Marv promise Goldie's dead body?
4. According to Marv, his torture of Goldie's murderer will be so horrible, ____ will be a relief.
5. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the hit men who come after Marv at Kadie's?
2. What information does Marv get from the priest in chapter five?
3. What does Marv believe will happen if he is caught by the police and what does this indicate about himself and the town?
4. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
5. What is significant about the pill Marv takes in chapter two?
6. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
7. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
8. Describe the scene in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
9. How does Marv get his medication?
10. What is significant about Marv believing that he caught Goldie's scent in the air?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)