|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
(b) Cardinal Roark.
(d) The police officers.
2. What kind of car does the priest drive?
3. To whom do the police answer?
(a) The underworld.
(b) Whoever pays them.
(c) The law.
(d) The police captain.
4. How does Marv know the police are on their way to his hotel room?
(a) The murderer left a note.
(b) He calls for help outside his window.
(c) The front desk calls him.
(d) He hears the sirens.
5. What does Marv break when he finally escapes from the hotel in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tommy?
2. Who does Lucille initially call out to when she hears Marv outside her window?
3. How did Marv torture the man who hired Tommy?
4. What is Marv doing at the top of Chapter 2?
5. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Lucille's gun?
2. Why does Marv kill the priest?
3. What is significant about Marv believing that he caught Goldie's scent in the air?
4. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
5. What does Marv reveal about his philosophy in life to Lucille in her apartment?
6. Why does Marv discuss jigsaw puzzles at the beginning of chapter four?
7. Who is Nancy?
8. How does Marv get his medication?
9. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
10. What are some of the mysteries Marv encounters in the first chapter of "The Hard Goodbye"?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)