Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
(a) He has a grappling hook.
(b) He finds a ladder.
(c) He has nails embedded into his boots.
(d) He hangs by the bricks.
2. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
(a) Roark is a friend.
(b) Roark is a priest.
(c) Roark died months earlier.
(d) Roark is incredibly powerful.
3. According to Marv, what is hell?
(a) Having no purpose in life.
(b) Eternal pain.
(c) Having Goldie taken away from him.
(d) Constantly being misunderstood.
4. Describe the weather at the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
5. What does Lucille warn Marv will be the penalty for his activities that night?
(a) He will no longer be able to contact her.
(d) Life in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lucille initially call out to when she hears Marv outside her window?
2. Where did Goldie pick up Marv before bringing him to the hotel?
3. What makes Marv cry in his mother's home?
4. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
5. At the top of Chapter 4, for what does Marv admit to having a talent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Nancy?
2. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
3. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
4. Who is Wendy?
5. What are some of the mysteries Marv encounters in the first chapter of "The Hard Goodbye"?
6. What information does Marv get from the priest in chapter five?
7. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
8. What does Marv swear to Goldie at the end of chapter two?
9. Why does Marv kill the priest?
10. How does Marv get his medication?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)