|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Marv go to a church in Chapter 5?
(a) The priest used to be his teacher.
(b) The priest was implicated in Goldie's murder.
(c) He wants to confess his sins.
(d) He needs sanctuary.
2. At the top of Chapter 4, for what does Marv admit to having a talent?
(a) Solving jigsaw puzzles.
(c) Rescuing people.
3. What does Lucille warn Marv will be the penalty for his activities that night?
(b) He will no longer be able to contact her.
(d) Life in prison.
4. What is Marv doing at the top of Chapter 2?
(b) Burying Goldie.
(c) Holding Goldie's hand.
(d) Escaping by the rooftop.
5. Who is approaching the room as Marv says goodbye to Goldie?
(a) Her sister.
(b) His psychiatrist.
(c) The police.
(d) The hotel manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is drinking illegal in Sin City?
2. What does Marv hesitate to question about Goldie in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye"?
3. After whom did Marv name his gun?
4. Who is Marv's friend from school?
5. About what does Marv pay a complement to one of the hit men who finds him in Kadie's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marv believe about his encounter with Goldie's doppelganger near the church?
2. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
3. Why does Marv discuss jigsaw puzzles at the beginning of chapter four?
4. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
5. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
6. How does Marv explain his injuries and activities to his mother when he goes to her home for Gladys?
7. What is significant about Lucille's gun?
8. Why does Marv send Weevil out to tell people his current location?
9. What do the approaching police sirens indicate to Marv and why?
10. What are some of the mysteries Marv encounters in the first chapter of "The Hard Goodbye"?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)