|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Goldie pick up Marv before bringing him to the hotel?
(a) The church.
(b) A saloon.
(d) A strip club.
2. Why did Marv go to a church in Chapter 5?
(a) The priest was implicated in Goldie's murder.
(b) The priest used to be his teacher.
(c) He needs sanctuary.
(d) He wants to confess his sins.
3. Why does the bouncer initially try to tell Marv to leave?
(a) His gun.
(b) His wounds from the fight with the cops.
(c) Marv once beat the bouncer for hassling a girl.
(d) His military-style coat.
4. How did Marv torture the man who hired Tommy?
(a) Dangled him out of a window.
(b) Drowned him in a toilet.
(c) Dragged him on the ground from the moving car.
(d) Burned him.
5. Into what does Marv swim after driving the car off the pier?
(b) Sewage pipe.
(c) Flatwood boat.
(d) Garbage heap.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what infirm does Marv's mother suffer?
2. What ultimately happens to the police car Marv steals after his hotel escape?
3. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
4. What makes Marv cry in his mother's home?
5. Where does the priest send Marv?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv get his medication?
2. What information does Marv learn about Goldie from Lucille?
3. What happened to Lucille in Chapter 6?
4. What does Marv believe about his encounter with Goldie's doppelganger near the church?
5. What steps does Marv take to protect both Wendy and Nancy?
6. Who is Wendy?
7. How does Marv move from the water to the streets without drawing attention to himself from the cops?
8. Why is Marv uneasy about the idea of killing Roark?
9. What does Marv believe will happen if he is caught by the police and what does this indicate about himself and the town?
10. Why does Marv fear nature so much?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)