|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately happens to the police car Marv steals after his hotel escape?
(a) He sets it on fire.
(b) He crashes it into a brick wall.
(c) He drives it off a pier.
(d) He leaves it in a junkyard.
2. What is a side effect of the legal status of drinking?
(a) Only politicians can drink.
(b) Nobody drinks.
(c) Alcohol is practicailly free.
(d) Alcohol is incredibly expensive.
3. Upon what events from his past does Marv reflect as being partially healed by his night with Goldie?
(b) Attack by Roark's men.
(c) Car accident.
(d) His suicide attempts.
4. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
(a) Find their darker selves.
(b) Dream about moving away from their corrupt city.
(c) Lock themselves away from the ugliness of Sin City.
(d) Placate themselves.
5. What container does Marv carry on him in Chapter 2?
(b) Water bottle.
(c) Prescription pill bottle.
(d) Cigarette case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marv doing at the top of Chapter 2?
2. About what does Marv pay a complement to one of the hit men who finds him in Kadie's?
3. Who is Marv's friend from school?
4. Where does Marv land after escaping the hotel?
5. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wendy question Marv's motivations in finding Goldie's killer and what is his reply?
2. How does Marv kill Kevin?
3. Why does Marv enjoy the rain so much?
4. Why did Kevin and Roark engage in cannibalism together and how did this involve Goldie?
5. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
6. What happens when the wolf approaches Marv and why?
7. Why does Marv discuss jigsaw puzzles at the beginning of chapter four?
8. Who is Wendy?
9. How does Marv react when he hears the helicopters approaching and why?
10. What is significant about Marv believing that he caught Goldie's scent in the air?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)