|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv believe about the woman who hit him with her car?
(a) It is Goldie's sister.
(b) It is someone playing a cruel prank on him.
(c) It is Goldie.
(d) He is hallucinating.
2. Who called the police in Chapter 1?
(a) The man at the front desk.
(c) The murderer.
3. What does the priest call Goldie, prompting Marv to kill him?
(a) A slut.
(b) A waste of life.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A loser.
4. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
(a) Roark is a friend.
(b) Roark died months earlier.
(c) Roark is incredibly powerful.
(d) Roark is a priest.
5. Where did Goldie pick up Marv before bringing him to the hotel?
(a) The church.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A strip club.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
2. Who is approaching the room as Marv says goodbye to Goldie?
3. How does Lucille procure medication for Marv?
4. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
5. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marv reveal about his philosophy in life to Lucille in her apartment?
2. What is significant about Lucille's gun?
3. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
4. Who is Nancy?
5. What does Marv believe about his encounter with Goldie's doppelganger near the church?
6. Why does Marv discuss jigsaw puzzles at the beginning of chapter four?
7. What happens to the hit men who come after Marv at Kadie's?
8. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
9. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
10. How does Marv explain his injuries and activities to his mother when he goes to her home for Gladys?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)