|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marv doing at the top of Chapter 2?
(a) Burying Goldie.
(b) Escaping by the rooftop.
(c) Holding Goldie's hand.
2. Where did Goldie pick up Marv before bringing him to the hotel?
(a) The church.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A strip club.
3. What container does Marv carry on him in Chapter 2?
(a) Water bottle.
(b) Cigarette case.
(d) Prescription pill bottle.
4. What does Marv sense as he walks away from Kadie's?
(a) Goldie's scent.
(b) Someone is watching him.
(c) He is about to be killed.
(d) He is completely alone.
5. What kind of car does the priest drive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marv unable to sleep?
2. Who is Tommy?
3. What is a side effect of the legal status of drinking?
4. What does Marv believe will happen if the police should find him?
5. What does Marv realize he needs at the end of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
2. What information does Marv learn about Goldie from Lucille?
3. What do the approaching police sirens indicate to Marv and why?
4. Why is Marv uneasy about the idea of killing Roark?
5. Describe the room in which Marv awakens.
6. How does Marv gain the trust of the prostitutes?
7. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
8. How does Marv react when he hears the helicopters approaching and why?
9. How does Marv explain his injuries and activities to his mother when he goes to her home for Gladys?
10. What traps does Marv set for Kevin?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)