|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv sense as he walks away from Kadie's?
(a) He is about to be killed.
(b) He is completely alone.
(c) Goldie's scent.
(d) Someone is watching him.
2. Why is Marv unable to sleep?
(a) He is too excited.
(b) The room smells rank.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) The place is too noisy and hot.
3. To whom do the police answer?
(a) The underworld.
(b) The law.
(c) Whoever pays them.
(d) The police captain.
4. What kind of car does the priest drive?
5. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
(a) The police nearly arrested Claire.
(b) Marv grew angry.
(c) She got too scared.
(d) Lucille grew jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What does Marv realize he needs at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
4. Why does Marv profess to like hit men?
5. What ultimately happens to the police car Marv steals after his hotel escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marv send Weevil out to tell people his current location?
2. Describe the encounters that lead Marv to the church.
3. What are the contrasts between Marv's feelings for Goldie that night and his past?
4. Who is Nancy?
5. What is significant about the amount of illegal activities in Sin City?
6. Describe the alleyway by the hotel and what it reveals about Sin City.
7. What information does Marv get from the priest in chapter five?
8. How does Marv move from the water to the streets without drawing attention to himself from the cops?
9. Why does Marv discuss jigsaw puzzles at the beginning of chapter four?
10. What do the approaching police sirens indicate to Marv and why?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)