|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is watching Marv as he leaves the bar at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A woman who looks like Goldie.
2. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He hit his head on the asphalt.
(b) He forgot to take his medicine.
(c) He is still very drunk.
(d) He is in a lot of pain from being shot.
3. Why does Marv wish to get the attention of the people who framed him for Goldie's murder?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He wants to punished for his past sins.
(c) He believes he can learn more about the situation.
(d) He does not wish to live his life on the run anymore.
4. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
5. According to Marv, what is hell?
(a) Eternal pain.
(b) Constantly being misunderstood.
(c) Having no purpose in life.
(d) Having Goldie taken away from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
2. What does Marv note about the condition of Goldie's dead body?
3. How does Marv feel about Goldie during their night together?
4. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
5. Who is Marv's friend from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
2. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
3. What are some of the mysteries Marv encounters in the first chapter of "The Hard Goodbye"?
4. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
5. What do the approaching police sirens indicate to Marv and why?
6. Describe the scene in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
7. How does Marv move from the water to the streets without drawing attention to himself from the cops?
8. Describe the alleyway by the hotel and what it reveals about Sin City.
9. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
10. What does Marv believe will happen if he is caught by the police and what does this indicate about himself and the town?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)