|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv instantly realize about the cause of Goldie's death?
(a) He killed her on accident during sex.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) She was murdered.
(d) She died of natural causes.
2. What does Lucille take with her to investigate the noises outside her window?
(a) A gun.
(b) A club.
(c) A knife.
3. What breaks Marv's fall from the hotel?
(b) Garbage bags.
(c) Police cruiser.
(d) Human bodies.
4. Where does Marv land after escaping the hotel?
(a) Swimming pool.
(b) Rooftop of a restaurant.
(d) Police car.
5. What does Marv break when he finally escapes from the hotel in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
2. Who is waiting for Marv to surface from the water, not knowing that he has exited the water another way?
3. When Marv is cornered by the police car after escaping from the hotel, what does he break on it?
4. How does Marv attempt to pass the time while waiting for the day to go by in Chapter 5?
5. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marv believe will happen if he is caught by the police and what does this indicate about himself and the town?
2. How does Marv acquire a police cruiser and what happens to it by the end of the chapter?
3. How do Marv and Lucille feel about each other?
4. Describe the scene in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
5. What is significant about Marv believing that he caught Goldie's scent in the air?
6. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
7. How does Marv escape from the hotel?
8. What does Marv reveal about his philosophy in life to Lucille in her apartment?
9. What is significant about the pill Marv takes in chapter two?
10. Why does Marv send Weevil out to tell people his current location?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)