|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
(c) Cardinal Roark.
(d) The police officers.
2. What does Marv instantly realize about the cause of Goldie's death?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) He killed her on accident during sex.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She died of natural causes.
3. After whom did Marv name his gun?
(a) A nun at his school.
(b) His first girlfriend.
(c) His mother.
(d) A prostitute.
4. To whom do the police answer?
(a) The police captain.
(b) The law.
(c) Whoever pays them.
(d) The underworld.
5. What does Marv hesitate to question about Goldie in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye"?
(a) Why she is with him.
(b) Why he saw her double on the street earlier.
(c) If she is on drugs.
(d) What she does for a living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses Marv about the Mercedes?
2. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
3. What kind of car does the priest drive?
4. Into what does Marv swim after driving the car off the pier?
5. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
2. Why does Marv send Weevil out to tell people his current location?
3. Why does Marv discuss jigsaw puzzles at the beginning of chapter four?
4. What does Marv discover when he wakes up in the hotel?
5. What happens to the hit men who come after Marv at Kadie's?
6. What are the contrasts between Marv's feelings for Goldie that night and his past?
7. Who is Nancy?
8. Describe the alleyway by the hotel and what it reveals about Sin City.
9. What is significant about the pill Marv takes in chapter two?
10. What happens to Marv after he leaves the church in chapter five?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)