|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the man with the glasses do to Lucille's hand?
(a) He burned it.
(b) He ate it and made her watch.
(c) He removed the skin.
(d) He fed it to his wolf.
2. What is Roark's full name and title?
(a) Governor John Henry Roark.
(b) Senator Elliot Henry Roark.
(c) Father Jebidiah Roark.
(d) Cardinal Patrick Henry Roark.
3. What does Marve realize about the guards outside of Roark's home?
(a) They are mercenaries from the toughest parts of Sin City.
(b) They are part of the group that killed Lucille.
(c) They are members of high society.
(d) They are prostitutes from Old Town.
4. Why is Lucille hesitant to leave the room with Marv?
(a) She is part of a frame up against Marv.
(b) She is too cold to go outside.
(c) She is afraid that they will run into Kevin.
(d) She believes the police are coming to save them.
5. In chapter eight, what realization does Marv have about Goldie's motivations for seducing him?
(a) She wanted his protection.
(b) She had fallen in love with his protective instincts.
(c) She was trying to frighten away a mean customer.
(d) She was genuinely attracted to him.
6. What is Wendy's relationship to Goldie?
(a) Mother and daughter.
(c) They are the same person.
(d) Twin sisters.
7. What does Marv realize he will probably have to face if he survives the ordeal with Roark?
(a) His mother.
(b) The judicial system.
(d) Roark's family.
8. How does the assistant district attorney force Marv to sign the confession?
(a) They suggest that they will allow Kevin's wolf to eat him if he does not sign.
(b) They threaten to kill his mother.
(c) They threaten to kill Wendy.
(d) They tell him that Nancy will be safe if he stays in jail.
9. How is Marv able to take away Kevin's advantage of agility?
(a) He tricks Kevin into jumping down a hole.
(b) He handcuffs himself to Kevin.
(c) He breaks Kevin's knee.
(d) He throws Kevin in a razor wire trap.
10. Why does Marv run for cover when the police arrives?
(a) He is afraid that Kevin has returned.
(b) He knows they are there to kill them.
(c) Lucille does not wish to be seen by anyone.
(d) He knows they will misunderstand his being with Lucille.
11. With what does Marv line the farmhouse property in an attempt to slow down Kevin?
(a) Broken glass.
(b) Pipe bombs.
(c) Razor wire.
(d) Molotov cocktails.
12. What was Sin City during the days of the Old West?
(a) Colony for lepers.
(b) Lawless frontier land.
(c) Penal colony.
(d) Mining town.
13. According to Lucille, what does the man with the glasses do to the women before he kills them?
(a) Rapes them.
(b) Blinds them.
(c) Eats them.
(d) Burns them.
14. According to Marv, what led him to discover one of his biggest fears in his life?
(a) He was attacked by a wolf.
(b) He was abandoned in the woods by his father.
(c) He was nearly buried alive as a teenager.
(d) He was tied to a tree at night as a child.
15. Who lends Marv a pair of handcuffs?
(b) A police officer.
(c) A prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lucille at the end of chapter seven?
2. Where do the prostitutes live in Sin City?
3. What do the shower drains in the room at the farmhouse suggest to Marv?
4. How did Lucille end up at the farm?
5. What does Marv give to Cardinal Roark?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)