|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roark's nickname in Sin City?
(a) The Yellow Bastard.
(b) Saint Patrick.
(c) The Beast.
(d) Father Patrick.
2. What does Wendy give Marv that accidentally allows him to taste her lipstick?
(a) A gag.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A tissue.
(d) A flask of whiskey.
3. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
(a) Goldie is still alive.
(b) Goldie framed him.
(c) Goldie is buried on the farm.
(d) Goldie was a prostitute.
4. What does Marv do that gains the trust of the prostitutes at the end of chapter eight?
(a) He gives them his gun.
(b) He shows them his wounds.
(c) He easily broke free of his ropes.
(d) He tells them about loving Goldie.
5. What does Wendy reveal to Marv about Goldie that helps to link Roark and Kevin together?
(a) Goldie knew that the church was covering up a murder.
(b) Goldie was attacked by Roark.
(c) Goldie's customers were primarily priests.
(d) Goldie witnessed Roark and Kevin engaging in cannibalism.
6. What happens when Marv tastes Wendy's lipstick?
(a) He resolves to protect her.
(b) He begins to feel an overwhelming desire for her.
(c) He grows angry that Goldie is gone.
(d) He starts to cry at the thought of Goldie's death.
7. How does Marv flush Kevin out of the farmhouse?
(a) He throws a smoke bomb inside.
(b) He forces the wolf to howl.
(c) He screams out for Kevin to come find him.
(d) He throws a fiery gas can inside.
8. What do the shower drains in the room at the farmhouse suggest to Marv?
(a) It was a slaughterhouse for animals.
(b) It was designed to easily clean up things like blood.
(c) It was once a residence for a family.
(d) It was specially designed for Kevin.
9. What do the police officers say they need to find out from Marv?
(a) How many prostitutes were murdered in the farmhouse.
(b) The people he talked to about Goldie.
(c) How many men he has killed over Goldie.
(d) The location of Goldie's body.
10. What was Sin City during the days of the Old West?
(a) Lawless frontier land.
(b) Mining town.
(c) Penal colony.
(d) Colony for lepers.
11. With what does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
(a) The butt of a gun.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A rock.
(d) Her fist.
12. What does Marv reveal about his love life to Wendy?
(a) He used to be very violent.
(b) He could never even get a prostitute with his looks.
(c) He is afraid of women.
(d) His first girlfriend was murdered.
13. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
(a) The floor.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The bed.
(d) The couch.
14. Where does Marv find his new weapon while Lucille talks to the police officers outside the farmhouse?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) The body of Kevin's pet wolf.
(c) In a tree stump.
(d) Underneath the house.
15. Why is Lucille wearing Marv's coat?
(a) It makes her feel safer.
(b) Kevin took away all of her clothing.
(c) Lucille wants to cover up her missing hand.
(d) Marv is bleeding too heavily to wear anything at the moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Kevin only speak?
2. What does Marv give to Cardinal Roark?
3. Why does Marv love the rain?
4. What does Marv unthinkingly attempt to do to Wendy in the hotel room?
5. What role does the wolf play in Marv's torture of Kevin?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)