|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Marv able to take away Kevin's advantage of agility?
(a) He throws Kevin in a razor wire trap.
(b) He handcuffs himself to Kevin.
(c) He tricks Kevin into jumping down a hole.
(d) He breaks Kevin's knee.
2. Where do the prostitutes live in Sin City?
(a) South City.
(b) Old Town.
(c) The Project House.
(d) The church basement.
3. How does Marv react to the news Lucille gives him about Goldie?
(a) He is disgusted at the idea of her body being on the farm.
(b) He is thrilled she is still alive.
(c) He says it does not matter and that he will still track down her killers.
(d) He is broken-hearted that she betrayed him.
4. What surprises Marv most about the man with the glasses?
(a) The man was able to sneak up on him.
(b) The man is unable to speak correctly.
(c) The man is very small.
(d) The man appears to be very innocent.
5. Why does Marv begin to doubt the events of the last few days in chapter eight?
(a) It does not make any sense to him.
(b) He is unsure if the events of the farmhouse were a nightmare.
(c) He has not taken his medication.
(d) He believes Roark is innocent.
6. Why does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
(a) She has gone insane from fear.
(b) She is part of the frame up against Marv.
(c) She is afraid that he is too noisy and will attract attention.
(d) She believes Marv could get them killed.
7. Why is Lucille wearing Marv's coat?
(a) Marv is bleeding too heavily to wear anything at the moment.
(b) It makes her feel safer.
(c) Lucille wants to cover up her missing hand.
(d) Kevin took away all of her clothing.
8. What does Marv reveal as being one of his fears?
(d) The dark.
9. What does Marv note about the wolf's breath?
(a) It smells of human blood.
(b) It smells of bones.
(c) It smells of waste product.
(d) It smells of vegetation.
10. What about Marv's quest for vengeance confuses Wendy?
(a) She believes Marv does not owe her sister anything.
(b) She does not understand why he has killed so many people.
(c) She does not understand his fear of Roark.
(d) She is afraid of his violent nature.
11. What do the shower drains in the room at the farmhouse suggest to Marv?
(a) It was a slaughterhouse for animals.
(b) It was specially designed for Kevin.
(c) It was once a residence for a family.
(d) It was designed to easily clean up things like blood.
12. Which of the following does Marv not take with him as he leaves with Wendy in chapter nine?
13. What does Lucille try to keep the officers from doing outside the farmhouse?
(a) Searching for Kevin.
(b) Arresting Marv.
(c) Killing Marv.
(d) Questioning her.
14. Although Roark first believed Kevin was insane, why did he start to participate in Kevin's rituals with the women?
(a) Roark felt a godly enlightenment from cannibalizing with Kevin.
(b) Roark felt they were doing God's work.
(c) Roark grew afraid that Kevin would turn on him if he did not join in.
(d) Roark believed that Kevin was a saint.
15. Marv's last meal before he is executed is steak and ______.
(b) Mashed potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Marv line the farmhouse property in an attempt to slow down Kevin?
2. What does Marv realize will ultimately happen to him, given Roark's assured involvement in Goldie's death?
3. What do Marv and Lucille hear as they leave the farmhouse?
4. Why did Wendy repeatedly attack Marv?
5. What is Roark's nickname in Sin City?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)