|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Roark arrange for Goldie's murder?
(a) Goldie was blackmailing Roark.
(b) Goldie escaped from Kevin's clutches.
(c) Goldie tried to kill Kevin in retaliation for her murdered friends.
(d) Goldie found out about Roark and Kevin's cannibalistic practices.
2. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
(a) He does not want her to see what he is going to do to Kevin.
(b) He believes she will show him too much mercy.
(c) He is afraid that she will turn on him.
(d) He does not want her to kill him herself.
3. What is the name of Roark's home?
(a) Saint Patrick's Cathedral.
(b) Roark Manor.
(c) Fortress Roark.
(d) Roark Estates.
4. How did Lucille end up at the farm?
(a) She was captured on her way to her car.
(b) She was told she could find Marv there.
(c) She was told to go there or her girlfriend would be killed.
(d) She followed Marv.
5. Why does Marv begin to doubt the events of the last few days in chapter eight?
(a) It does not make any sense to him.
(b) He is unsure if the events of the farmhouse were a nightmare.
(c) He has not taken his medication.
(d) He believes Roark is innocent.
6. Why does Marv watch twenty blocks away from Nancy's home?
(a) He does not want anyone to connect him to her.
(b) He needs to steel himself to killing Roark.
(c) He needs time to clear his head.
(d) He is afraid that she will send someone after him.
7. What does Wendy do for Marv before he is electrocuted?
(a) She makes love to him and lets him call her Goldie.
(b) She brings him Gladys so that he can choose to commit suicide.
(c) She promises to protect his mother.
(d) She brings him the cross he always wore around his neck.
8. What does Wendy reveal to Marv about Goldie that helps to link Roark and Kevin together?
(a) Goldie was attacked by Roark.
(b) Goldie's customers were primarily priests.
(c) Goldie knew that the church was covering up a murder.
(d) Goldie witnessed Roark and Kevin engaging in cannibalism.
9. What does Marv unthinkingly attempt to do to Wendy in the hotel room?
(a) Shoot her.
(b) Slap her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Touch her.
10. What does Marv reveal as being one of his fears?
(c) The dark.
11. Why does Marv feel responsible for Goldie's death?
(a) He was too drunk to hear Kevin sneak in and killer her.
(b) He is afraid his involvement made her death more immediate.
(c) He made the situation for her worse.
(d) He knew Goldie was helpless.
12. Why does Marv advise the woman to only hit him with the handle of the gun?
(a) She will get more impact against his head.
(b) It will not ruin the gun.
(c) She will cut his scalp otherwise.
(d) It will not accidentally discharge.
13. Marv's last meal before he is executed is steak and ______.
(d) Mashed potatoes.
14. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
(a) Roark is very well-protected.
(b) Roark is regarded as a hero.
(c) Roark could retaliate against Marv's family.
(d) Roark may be an innocent bystander.
15. What happens to Lucille at the end of chapter seven?
(a) She is accidentally shot by Marv.
(b) She is murdered by the police officers.
(c) She is attacked by Kevin's wolf.
(d) She has her neck broken by Kevin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marv doing when he chases the head officer into the woods at the end of chapter seven?
2. What does Wendy give Marv that accidentally allows him to taste her lipstick?
3. Why is Marv unsatisfied by Kevin's death?
4. How does Marv flush Kevin out of the farmhouse?
5. What does Marv do to the status of Roark?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)