|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv reveal as being one of his fears?
(a) The dark.
2. To whom did Kevin only speak?
(a) Senator Roark.
(c) Cardinal Roark.
3. What is the name of Roark's home?
(a) Fortress Roark.
(b) Saint Patrick's Cathedral.
(c) Roark Manor.
(d) Roark Estates.
4. Why does Marv not kill the wolf?
(a) He admires the animal too much to shoot it.
(b) He is able to calm the wolf.
(c) He wants to save the wolf for himself.
(d) He does not kill animals, as they are not evil.
5. What is Marv doing when he chases the head officer into the woods at the end of chapter seven?
6. Where does Marv find his new weapon while Lucille talks to the police officers outside the farmhouse?
(a) Underneath the house.
(b) In a tree stump.
(c) The body of Kevin's pet wolf.
(d) In his pocket.
7. Why does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
(a) She is part of the frame up against Marv.
(b) She believes Marv could get them killed.
(c) She has gone insane from fear.
(d) She is afraid that he is too noisy and will attract attention.
8. When Marv wakes up in the room with Lucille, what does he see mounted on the wall?
(a) Women's fingernails.
(b) Women's shoes.
(c) Women's dresses.
(d) Women's heads.
9. What is one of the more striking features of the farm?
(a) The windmill.
(b) The deconstructed barn.
(c) The silo.
(d) The taxidermic animals on the lawn.
10. Why is Marv initially unable to break down the door in the farmhouse?
(a) Marv is weakened from his fights.
(b) It is extremely reinforced.
(c) The door is welded shut.
(d) Marv is handcuffed to the wall.
11. Which of the following does Marv not take to his confrontation with Kevin?
(c) Razor wire.
12. How does Marv react to the news Lucille gives him about Goldie?
(a) He is thrilled she is still alive.
(b) He says it does not matter and that he will still track down her killers.
(c) He is broken-hearted that she betrayed him.
(d) He is disgusted at the idea of her body being on the farm.
13. What does Marv realize will ultimately happen to him, given Roark's assured involvement in Goldie's death?
(a) Marv will be destroying the city itself.
(b) Marv will be imprisoned.
(c) Marv will be thrown out of Sin City.
(d) Marv will die.
14. What does Wendy do for Marv before he is electrocuted?
(a) She brings him Gladys so that he can choose to commit suicide.
(b) She brings him the cross he always wore around his neck.
(c) She makes love to him and lets him call her Goldie.
(d) She promises to protect his mother.
15. What do the shower drains in the room at the farmhouse suggest to Marv?
(a) It was once a residence for a family.
(b) It was designed to easily clean up things like blood.
(c) It was specially designed for Kevin.
(d) It was a slaughterhouse for animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv realize before being knocked out with the mallet?
2. Although Roark first believed Kevin was insane, why did he start to participate in Kevin's rituals with the women?
3. Who is responsible for the presence of the prostitutes in Sin City?
4. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
5. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)