|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Marv at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) His mom's home.
(b) The church.
(c) The woods.
(d) A diner.
2. What is Roark's nickname in Sin City?
(a) Saint Patrick.
(b) The Beast.
(c) Father Patrick.
(d) The Yellow Bastard.
3. From listening to his gut, what does Marv realize about the farm as he approaches it?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is built on an Indian burial ground.
(c) It is an evil place.
(d) It is not the farm to which he needs to go.
4. Why does Marv feel responsible for Goldie's death?
(a) He was too drunk to hear Kevin sneak in and killer her.
(b) He made the situation for her worse.
(c) He is afraid his involvement made her death more immediate.
(d) He knew Goldie was helpless.
5. According to Lucille, what does the man with the glasses do to the women before he kills them?
(a) Blinds them.
(b) Eats them.
(c) Rapes them.
(d) Burns them.
6. What role does the wolf play in Marv's torture of Kevin?
(a) The wolf feeds on Kevin.
(b) Marv intentionally shows the wolf mercy in front of Kevin to torture him.
(c) Marv kills the wolf in front of Kevin.
(d) The wolf tries to rip out Kevin's throat.
7. What does Wendy reveal to Marv about Goldie that helps to link Roark and Kevin together?
(a) Goldie knew that the church was covering up a murder.
(b) Goldie's customers were primarily priests.
(c) Goldie was attacked by Roark.
(d) Goldie witnessed Roark and Kevin engaging in cannibalism.
8. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
(a) The couch.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The bed.
(d) The floor.
9. What is Roark's full name and title?
(a) Senator Elliot Henry Roark.
(b) Governor John Henry Roark.
(c) Father Jebidiah Roark.
(d) Cardinal Patrick Henry Roark.
10. Where do the prostitutes live in Sin City?
(a) The church basement.
(b) South City.
(c) Old Town.
(d) The Project House.
11. Why does Marv love the rain?
(a) It reminds him of his childhood.
(b) It makes him feel cleaner.
(c) He feels like it cleanses Sin City.
(d) It allows him to walk the streets alone and think.
12. About what does Marv pay a compliment to the last police officer left standing at the farmhouse?
(a) His resolve.
(b) His coat.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His weapon.
13. What do the shower drains in the room at the farmhouse suggest to Marv?
(a) It was specially designed for Kevin.
(b) It was a slaughterhouse for animals.
(c) It was designed to easily clean up things like blood.
(d) It was once a residence for a family.
14. Why did Roark arrange for Goldie's murder?
(a) Goldie escaped from Kevin's clutches.
(b) Goldie tried to kill Kevin in retaliation for her murdered friends.
(c) Goldie found out about Roark and Kevin's cannibalistic practices.
(d) Goldie was blackmailing Roark.
15. Why is Marv initially unable to break down the door in the farmhouse?
(a) Marv is weakened from his fights.
(b) It is extremely reinforced.
(c) Marv is handcuffed to the wall.
(d) The door is welded shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Marv not take to his confrontation with Kevin?
2. What does Lucille give the police officers?
3. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
4. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
5. How is the man able to beat Marv in a fight?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)