|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv note about the wolf's breath?
(a) It smells of bones.
(b) It smells of waste product.
(c) It smells of human blood.
(d) It smells of vegetation.
2. What do Marv and Lucille hear as they leave the farmhouse?
(a) Wolves growling.
(b) Women screaming.
3. Why is Lucille wearing Marv's coat?
(a) It makes her feel safer.
(b) Kevin took away all of her clothing.
(c) Lucille wants to cover up her missing hand.
(d) Marv is bleeding too heavily to wear anything at the moment.
4. In chapter eight, what realization does Marv have about Goldie's motivations for seducing him?
(a) She wanted his protection.
(b) She was genuinely attracted to him.
(c) She had fallen in love with his protective instincts.
(d) She was trying to frighten away a mean customer.
5. What happens to Lucille at the end of chapter seven?
(a) She has her neck broken by Kevin.
(b) She is attacked by Kevin's wolf.
(c) She is murdered by the police officers.
(d) She is accidentally shot by Marv.
6. What is Roark's nickname in Sin City?
(a) Father Patrick.
(b) Saint Patrick.
(c) The Yellow Bastard.
(d) The Beast.
7. How does the assistant district attorney force Marv to sign the confession?
(a) They threaten to kill his mother.
(b) They suggest that they will allow Kevin's wolf to eat him if he does not sign.
(c) They tell him that Nancy will be safe if he stays in jail.
(d) They threaten to kill Wendy.
8. What does Marv realize before being knocked out with the mallet?
(a) He has been set up by the priest.
(b) He is afraid to die.
(c) The man with the glasses killed Goldie.
(d) He is going to be killed by the wolf.
9. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
(a) Roark is very well-protected.
(b) Roark is regarded as a hero.
(c) Roark may be an innocent bystander.
(d) Roark could retaliate against Marv's family.
10. Why does Marv love the rain?
(a) It makes him feel cleaner.
(b) It reminds him of his childhood.
(c) He feels like it cleanses Sin City.
(d) It allows him to walk the streets alone and think.
11. For what is Marv awaiting with his gun pulled as the police search the farmhouse?
(a) He is waiting for the hit men to return.
(b) He is waiting for Kevin to attack them.
(c) He is waiting for the wolves to attack the police.
(d) He is waiting for them to start firing at him.
12. Why is Marv determined to go after Roark?
(a) He wants to destroy Sin City.
(b) He is afraid the situation in Sin City will only worsen.
(c) He feels he owes to Goldie for not being able to save her.
(d) He wants to stop Kevin.
13. What does Lucille try to keep the officers from doing outside the farmhouse?
(a) Arresting Marv.
(b) Questioning her.
(c) Searching for Kevin.
(d) Killing Marv.
14. When Marv awakens after being knocked out by Lucille, what weapon does he grab?
(a) A length of chain.
(b) A rock.
(c) A hatchet.
(d) A gun.
15. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
(a) The floor.
(b) The couch.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lucille end up at the farm?
2. What did the man with the glasses do to Lucille's hand?
3. With what does Marv line the farmhouse property in an attempt to slow down Kevin?
4. How is Marv able to take away Kevin's advantage of agility?
5. Why did Roark arrange for Goldie's murder?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)