|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Marv not take with him as he leaves with Wendy in chapter nine?
2. What role does the wolf play in Marv's torture of Kevin?
(a) The wolf feeds on Kevin.
(b) The wolf tries to rip out Kevin's throat.
(c) Marv intentionally shows the wolf mercy in front of Kevin to torture him.
(d) Marv kills the wolf in front of Kevin.
3. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
(a) Goldie is still alive.
(b) Goldie framed him.
(c) Goldie was a prostitute.
(d) Goldie is buried on the farm.
4. Why do the cops not kill Marv after they find him with Roark's body?
(a) Marv asks them for mercy.
(b) They knew they would be arrested if they killed him.
(c) They want to pin all the murders on him.
(d) They want to torture him like he tortured Roark.
5. Why does Marv begin to doubt the events of the last few days in chapter eight?
(a) It does not make any sense to him.
(b) He believes Roark is innocent.
(c) He is unsure if the events of the farmhouse were a nightmare.
(d) He has not taken his medication.
6. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The floor.
(c) The couch.
(d) The bed.
7. When Marv awakens after being knocked out by Lucille, what weapon does he grab?
(a) A length of chain.
(b) A gun.
(c) A hatchet.
(d) A rock.
8. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
(a) Roark may be an innocent bystander.
(b) Roark is very well-protected.
(c) Roark is regarded as a hero.
(d) Roark could retaliate against Marv's family.
9. What does Marv do to the status of Roark?
(a) Knocks it down.
(b) Defaces it.
(c) Slashes it with his hatchet.
(d) Shoots at it.
10. According to Marv, what led him to discover one of his biggest fears in his life?
(a) He was abandoned in the woods by his father.
(b) He was attacked by a wolf.
(c) He was tied to a tree at night as a child.
(d) He was nearly buried alive as a teenager.
11. What does Lucille try to keep the officers from doing outside the farmhouse?
(a) Questioning her.
(b) Killing Marv.
(c) Searching for Kevin.
(d) Arresting Marv.
12. How did Lucille end up at the farm?
(a) She was told to go there or her girlfriend would be killed.
(b) She followed Marv.
(c) She was captured on her way to her car.
(d) She was told she could find Marv there.
13. Who lends Marv a pair of handcuffs?
(b) A police officer.
(d) A prostitute.
14. Why does Marv feel responsible for Goldie's death?
(a) He is afraid his involvement made her death more immediate.
(b) He made the situation for her worse.
(c) He was too drunk to hear Kevin sneak in and killer her.
(d) He knew Goldie was helpless.
15. With what does Marv line the farmhouse property in an attempt to slow down Kevin?
(a) Molotov cocktails.
(b) Broken glass.
(c) Pipe bombs.
(d) Razor wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Marv's quest for vengeance confuses Wendy?
2. What does Marv note about the wolf's breath?
3. What does Wendy do for Marv before he is electrocuted?
4. Why does Marv go to the hardware store in chapter nine?
5. Which of the following does Marv not take to his confrontation with Kevin?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)