|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv note about the wolf's breath?
(a) It smells of bones.
(b) It smells of vegetation.
(c) It smells of waste product.
(d) It smells of human blood.
2. At what is Kevin actually jumping when he mistakenly believes he found Marv?
(a) Marv's coat.
(b) A dead tree.
(c) His wolf.
(d) A razor wire trap.
3. What does Wendy reveal to Marv about Goldie that helps to link Roark and Kevin together?
(a) Goldie knew that the church was covering up a murder.
(b) Goldie witnessed Roark and Kevin engaging in cannibalism.
(c) Goldie was attacked by Roark.
(d) Goldie's customers were primarily priests.
4. What is one of the more striking features of the farm?
(a) The silo.
(b) The windmill.
(c) The deconstructed barn.
(d) The taxidermic animals on the lawn.
5. What do the shower drains in the room at the farmhouse suggest to Marv?
(a) It was once a residence for a family.
(b) It was designed to easily clean up things like blood.
(c) It was specially designed for Kevin.
(d) It was a slaughterhouse for animals.
6. What does Marv do to the status of Roark?
(a) Shoots at it.
(b) Knocks it down.
(c) Defaces it.
(d) Slashes it with his hatchet.
7. From listening to his gut, what does Marv realize about the farm as he approaches it?
(a) It is an evil place.
(b) It is not the farm to which he needs to go.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is built on an Indian burial ground.
8. Why is Marv initially unable to break down the door in the farmhouse?
(a) It is extremely reinforced.
(b) The door is welded shut.
(c) Marv is weakened from his fights.
(d) Marv is handcuffed to the wall.
9. How is Marv able to take away Kevin's advantage of agility?
(a) He tricks Kevin into jumping down a hole.
(b) He breaks Kevin's knee.
(c) He handcuffs himself to Kevin.
(d) He throws Kevin in a razor wire trap.
10. Which of the following does Marv not take to his confrontation with Kevin?
(c) Razor wire.
11. For what is Marv awaiting with his gun pulled as the police search the farmhouse?
(a) He is waiting for the wolves to attack the police.
(b) He is waiting for the hit men to return.
(c) He is waiting for Kevin to attack them.
(d) He is waiting for them to start firing at him.
12. With what does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A rock.
(c) Her fist.
(d) The butt of a gun.
13. What is Wendy's relationship to Goldie?
(a) Mother and daughter.
(c) Twin sisters.
(d) They are the same person.
14. What is the name of Roark's home?
(a) Saint Patrick's Cathedral.
(b) Roark Estates.
(c) Fortress Roark.
(d) Roark Manor.
15. How does the assistant district attorney force Marv to sign the confession?
(a) They threaten to kill his mother.
(b) They threaten to kill Wendy.
(c) They suggest that they will allow Kevin's wolf to eat him if he does not sign.
(d) They tell him that Nancy will be safe if he stays in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucille try to keep the officers from doing outside the farmhouse?
2. What is Roark's nickname in Sin City?
3. Why does Marv begin to doubt the events of the last few days in chapter eight?
4. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
5. When the woman who looks like Goldie knocks Marv unconscious, where is he when he wakes up?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)