|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marv, what led him to discover one of his biggest fears in his life?
(a) He was attacked by a wolf.
(b) He was nearly buried alive as a teenager.
(c) He was abandoned in the woods by his father.
(d) He was tied to a tree at night as a child.
2. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
(a) He does not want her to see what he is going to do to Kevin.
(b) He is afraid that she will turn on him.
(c) He does not want her to kill him herself.
(d) He believes she will show him too much mercy.
3. Why is Lucille wearing Marv's coat?
(a) Lucille wants to cover up her missing hand.
(b) Kevin took away all of her clothing.
(c) Marv is bleeding too heavily to wear anything at the moment.
(d) It makes her feel safer.
4. At what is Kevin actually jumping when he mistakenly believes he found Marv?
(a) A razor wire trap.
(b) His wolf.
(c) A dead tree.
(d) Marv's coat.
5. What does Marv realize he will probably have to face if he survives the ordeal with Roark?
(a) The judicial system.
(b) His mother.
(d) Roark's family.
6. For what is Marv awaiting with his gun pulled as the police search the farmhouse?
(a) He is waiting for Kevin to attack them.
(b) He is waiting for the wolves to attack the police.
(c) He is waiting for the hit men to return.
(d) He is waiting for them to start firing at him.
7. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
(a) Goldie is buried on the farm.
(b) Goldie framed him.
(c) Goldie is still alive.
(d) Goldie was a prostitute.
8. Why does Marv love the rain?
(a) It reminds him of his childhood.
(b) It makes him feel cleaner.
(c) It allows him to walk the streets alone and think.
(d) He feels like it cleanses Sin City.
9. What does Marv realize before being knocked out with the mallet?
(a) He has been set up by the priest.
(b) He is afraid to die.
(c) He is going to be killed by the wolf.
(d) The man with the glasses killed Goldie.
10. What does Marv do when he is executed in the electric chair?
(a) He manages to escape.
(b) He screams.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He tells everyone about Roark and Kevin.
11. What is one of the more striking features of the farm?
(a) The taxidermic animals on the lawn.
(b) The deconstructed barn.
(c) The silo.
(d) The windmill.
12. Where does Marv find his new weapon while Lucille talks to the police officers outside the farmhouse?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In a tree stump.
(c) The body of Kevin's pet wolf.
(d) Underneath the house.
13. What does Wendy give Marv that accidentally allows him to taste her lipstick?
(a) A tissue.
(b) A gag.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A flask of whiskey.
14. What is Wendy's relationship to Goldie?
(b) Twin sisters.
(c) They are the same person.
(d) Mother and daughter.
15. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
(a) Roark is very well-protected.
(b) Roark could retaliate against Marv's family.
(c) Roark may be an innocent bystander.
(d) Roark is regarded as a hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marv run for cover when the police arrives?
2. Why is Marv determined to go after Roark?
3. Which of the following does Marv not take with him as he leaves with Wendy in chapter nine?
4. Why is Marv unsatisfied by Kevin's death?
5. Why does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)