|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Marv not take with him as he leaves with Wendy in chapter nine?
2. What does Marv attempt to visualize in the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) His death.
(b) Goldie's murder.
(c) Kevin's death.
(d) Roark's death.
3. What is Wendy's relationship to Goldie?
(a) Twin sisters.
(c) They are the same person.
(d) Mother and daughter.
4. About what does Marv pay a compliment to the last police officer left standing at the farmhouse?
(a) His weapon.
(b) His resolve.
(c) His coat.
(d) His shoes.
5. What did Kevin confess to Roark when he first met him as a young boy?
(a) His homosexuality.
(b) His cannibalism.
(c) His fear of God.
(d) His hatred of women.
6. What role does the wolf play in Marv's torture of Kevin?
(a) The wolf tries to rip out Kevin's throat.
(b) Marv intentionally shows the wolf mercy in front of Kevin to torture him.
(c) Marv kills the wolf in front of Kevin.
(d) The wolf feeds on Kevin.
7. How does Marv finally open the door at the farmhouse?
(a) He tricks Kevin into opening it.
(b) He batters it from its hinges with his body.
(c) He picks the lock.
(d) He shoots the lock.
8. How does the assistant district attorney force Marv to sign the confession?
(a) They tell him that Nancy will be safe if he stays in jail.
(b) They threaten to kill Wendy.
(c) They threaten to kill his mother.
(d) They suggest that they will allow Kevin's wolf to eat him if he does not sign.
9. What about Marv's quest for vengeance confuses Wendy?
(a) She does not understand his fear of Roark.
(b) She does not understand why he has killed so many people.
(c) She is afraid of his violent nature.
(d) She believes Marv does not owe her sister anything.
10. According to Marv, what led him to discover one of his biggest fears in his life?
(a) He was tied to a tree at night as a child.
(b) He was nearly buried alive as a teenager.
(c) He was abandoned in the woods by his father.
(d) He was attacked by a wolf.
11. When Marv awakens after being knocked out by Lucille, what weapon does he grab?
(a) A rock.
(b) A hatchet.
(c) A length of chain.
(d) A gun.
12. What does Wendy reveal to Marv about Goldie that helps to link Roark and Kevin together?
(a) Goldie's customers were primarily priests.
(b) Goldie was attacked by Roark.
(c) Goldie witnessed Roark and Kevin engaging in cannibalism.
(d) Goldie knew that the church was covering up a murder.
13. What is Roark's full name and title?
(a) Senator Elliot Henry Roark.
(b) Father Jebidiah Roark.
(c) Cardinal Patrick Henry Roark.
(d) Governor John Henry Roark.
14. What do the shower drains in the room at the farmhouse suggest to Marv?
(a) It was once a residence for a family.
(b) It was specially designed for Kevin.
(c) It was a slaughterhouse for animals.
(d) It was designed to easily clean up things like blood.
15. Why does Marv watch twenty blocks away from Nancy's home?
(a) He needs to steel himself to killing Roark.
(b) He does not want anyone to connect him to her.
(c) He is afraid that she will send someone after him.
(d) He needs time to clear his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nancy happy to help Marv with Wendy?
2. In chapter eight, what realization does Marv have about Goldie's motivations for seducing him?
3. What does Lucille give the police officers?
4. What is one of the more striking features of the farm?
5. According to Lucille, what does the man with the glasses do to the women before he kills them?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)