|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wendy reveal to Marv about Goldie that helps to link Roark and Kevin together?
(a) Goldie was attacked by Roark.
(b) Goldie's customers were primarily priests.
(c) Goldie witnessed Roark and Kevin engaging in cannibalism.
(d) Goldie knew that the church was covering up a murder.
2. What does Marve realize about the guards outside of Roark's home?
(a) They are members of high society.
(b) They are part of the group that killed Lucille.
(c) They are mercenaries from the toughest parts of Sin City.
(d) They are prostitutes from Old Town.
3. According to Marv, what led him to discover one of his biggest fears in his life?
(a) He was attacked by a wolf.
(b) He was tied to a tree at night as a child.
(c) He was abandoned in the woods by his father.
(d) He was nearly buried alive as a teenager.
4. Why does Marv feel responsible for Goldie's death?
(a) He is afraid his involvement made her death more immediate.
(b) He made the situation for her worse.
(c) He knew Goldie was helpless.
(d) He was too drunk to hear Kevin sneak in and killer her.
5. Where is Marv at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) The woods.
(b) The church.
(c) His mom's home.
(d) A diner.
6. With what does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
(a) A pipe.
(b) Her fist.
(c) The butt of a gun.
(d) A rock.
7. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
(a) Roark is very well-protected.
(b) Roark may be an innocent bystander.
(c) Roark could retaliate against Marv's family.
(d) Roark is regarded as a hero.
8. What does Marv note about the wolf's breath?
(a) It smells of vegetation.
(b) It smells of human blood.
(c) It smells of bones.
(d) It smells of waste product.
9. Where do the prostitutes live in Sin City?
(a) The Project House.
(b) The church basement.
(c) South City.
(d) Old Town.
10. Although Roark first believed Kevin was insane, why did he start to participate in Kevin's rituals with the women?
(a) Roark believed that Kevin was a saint.
(b) Roark grew afraid that Kevin would turn on him if he did not join in.
(c) Roark felt they were doing God's work.
(d) Roark felt a godly enlightenment from cannibalizing with Kevin.
11. What do the police officers say they need to find out from Marv?
(a) How many prostitutes were murdered in the farmhouse.
(b) The people he talked to about Goldie.
(c) How many men he has killed over Goldie.
(d) The location of Goldie's body.
12. What role does the wolf play in Marv's torture of Kevin?
(a) The wolf tries to rip out Kevin's throat.
(b) Marv kills the wolf in front of Kevin.
(c) Marv intentionally shows the wolf mercy in front of Kevin to torture him.
(d) The wolf feeds on Kevin.
13. What does Lucille give the police officers?
(a) The prostitute's head.
(b) Marv's gun.
(c) The body of the wolf.
(d) Marv's coat.
14. What did the man with the glasses do to Lucille's hand?
(a) He burned it.
(b) He fed it to his wolf.
(c) He ate it and made her watch.
(d) He removed the skin.
15. What does Marv do that gains the trust of the prostitutes at the end of chapter eight?
(a) He easily broke free of his ropes.
(b) He gives them his gun.
(c) He shows them his wounds.
(d) He tells them about loving Goldie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marv finally open the door at the farmhouse?
2. Why is Nancy happy to help Marv with Wendy?
3. Why does Marv watch twenty blocks away from Nancy's home?
4. What is Marv doing when he chases the head officer into the woods at the end of chapter seven?
5. Why did Roark arrange for Goldie's murder?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)