|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marv awakens after being knocked out by Lucille, what weapon does he grab?
(a) A length of chain.
(b) A hatchet.
(c) A gun.
(d) A rock.
2. Why does Marv advise the woman to only hit him with the handle of the gun?
(a) It will not ruin the gun.
(b) She will cut his scalp otherwise.
(c) She will get more impact against his head.
(d) It will not accidentally discharge.
3. What is Marv doing when he chases the head officer into the woods at the end of chapter seven?
4. Why do the cops not kill Marv after they find him with Roark's body?
(a) They knew they would be arrested if they killed him.
(b) They want to torture him like he tortured Roark.
(c) They want to pin all the murders on him.
(d) Marv asks them for mercy.
5. How does the assistant district attorney force Marv to sign the confession?
(a) They tell him that Nancy will be safe if he stays in jail.
(b) They suggest that they will allow Kevin's wolf to eat him if he does not sign.
(c) They threaten to kill his mother.
(d) They threaten to kill Wendy.
6. How does Marv finally open the door at the farmhouse?
(a) He shoots the lock.
(b) He tricks Kevin into opening it.
(c) He picks the lock.
(d) He batters it from its hinges with his body.
7. Why did Roark arrange for Goldie's murder?
(a) Goldie found out about Roark and Kevin's cannibalistic practices.
(b) Goldie was blackmailing Roark.
(c) Goldie escaped from Kevin's clutches.
(d) Goldie tried to kill Kevin in retaliation for her murdered friends.
8. Who is responsible for the presence of the prostitutes in Sin City?
(b) Roark's grandfather.
(c) Roark's great-grandfather.
(d) Roark's father.
9. What does Lucille try to keep the officers from doing outside the farmhouse?
(a) Questioning her.
(b) Searching for Kevin.
(c) Arresting Marv.
(d) Killing Marv.
10. How does Marv react to the news Lucille gives him about Goldie?
(a) He says it does not matter and that he will still track down her killers.
(b) He is thrilled she is still alive.
(c) He is broken-hearted that she betrayed him.
(d) He is disgusted at the idea of her body being on the farm.
11. What do Marv and Lucille hear as they leave the farmhouse?
(a) Wolves growling.
(d) Women screaming.
12. What does Marv realize he will probably have to face if he survives the ordeal with Roark?
(a) Roark's family.
(c) His mother.
(d) The judicial system.
13. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
(a) Roark is regarded as a hero.
(b) Roark could retaliate against Marv's family.
(c) Roark may be an innocent bystander.
(d) Roark is very well-protected.
14. Why is Nancy happy to help Marv with Wendy?
(a) Nancy and Wendy are best friends.
(b) Nancy is in love with Marv.
(c) Nancy owes her life to Marv.
(d) Marv beat up a man who had tried to assault her.
15. What does Lucille give the police officers?
(a) The prostitute's head.
(b) Marv's coat.
(c) Marv's gun.
(d) The body of the wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Marv not take with him as he leaves with Wendy in chapter nine?
2. Why is Lucille hesitant to leave the room with Marv?
3. What did the man with the glasses do to Lucille's hand?
4. What does Marv do to the status of Roark?
5. According to Lucille, what does the man with the glasses do to the women before he kills them?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)