|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marv watch twenty blocks away from Nancy's home?
(a) He needs time to clear his head.
(b) He is afraid that she will send someone after him.
(c) He needs to steel himself to killing Roark.
(d) He does not want anyone to connect him to her.
2. According to Marv, what led him to discover one of his biggest fears in his life?
(a) He was nearly buried alive as a teenager.
(b) He was abandoned in the woods by his father.
(c) He was tied to a tree at night as a child.
(d) He was attacked by a wolf.
3. What does Marv reveal as being one of his fears?
(d) The dark.
4. Where is Marv at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) A diner.
(b) The woods.
(c) His mom's home.
(d) The church.
5. In chapter eight, what realization does Marv have about Goldie's motivations for seducing him?
(a) She wanted his protection.
(b) She was genuinely attracted to him.
(c) She was trying to frighten away a mean customer.
(d) She had fallen in love with his protective instincts.
6. For what is Marv awaiting with his gun pulled as the police search the farmhouse?
(a) He is waiting for the hit men to return.
(b) He is waiting for Kevin to attack them.
(c) He is waiting for the wolves to attack the police.
(d) He is waiting for them to start firing at him.
7. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
(a) Goldie framed him.
(b) Goldie is still alive.
(c) Goldie is buried on the farm.
(d) Goldie was a prostitute.
8. What is one of the more striking features of the farm?
(a) The windmill.
(b) The taxidermic animals on the lawn.
(c) The deconstructed barn.
(d) The silo.
9. Why did Wendy repeatedly attack Marv?
(a) She is being paid by Roark.
(b) She thought he was going to murder her.
(c) She believed he was responsible for Goldie and the prostitutes' deaths.
(d) She os frightened by his appearance.
10. What does Marv reveal about his love life to Wendy?
(a) His first girlfriend was murdered.
(b) He could never even get a prostitute with his looks.
(c) He is afraid of women.
(d) He used to be very violent.
11. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
(a) He does not want her to see what he is going to do to Kevin.
(b) He does not want her to kill him herself.
(c) He is afraid that she will turn on him.
(d) He believes she will show him too much mercy.
12. How is Marv able to take away Kevin's advantage of agility?
(a) He handcuffs himself to Kevin.
(b) He breaks Kevin's knee.
(c) He tricks Kevin into jumping down a hole.
(d) He throws Kevin in a razor wire trap.
13. Who is responsible for the presence of the prostitutes in Sin City?
(a) Roark's father.
(b) Roark's great-grandfather.
(d) Roark's grandfather.
14. How did Lucille end up at the farm?
(a) She was captured on her way to her car.
(b) She followed Marv.
(c) She was told she could find Marv there.
(d) She was told to go there or her girlfriend would be killed.
15. Why is Marv unable to look at Wendy in the car?
(a) He feels guilty about her sister.
(b) He feels ashamed of his looks around her.
(c) He keeps thinking she is Goldie.
(d) He is angry at the way she attacked him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv realize he will probably have to face if he survives the ordeal with Roark?
2. At what is Kevin actually jumping when he mistakenly believes he found Marv?
3. What do Marv and Lucille hear as they leave the farmhouse?
4. What was Sin City during the days of the Old West?
5. What does Marv unthinkingly attempt to do to Wendy in the hotel room?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)