|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marv advise the woman to only hit him with the handle of the gun?
(a) It will not ruin the gun.
(b) It will not accidentally discharge.
(c) She will get more impact against his head.
(d) She will cut his scalp otherwise.
2. What does Marv reveal as being one of his fears?
(d) The dark.
3. At the end of Chapter 6, what does the driver of the car reveal to be the killer's name?
4. How does Marv react to the news Lucille gives him about Goldie?
(a) He is disgusted at the idea of her body being on the farm.
(b) He says it does not matter and that he will still track down her killers.
(c) He is broken-hearted that she betrayed him.
(d) He is thrilled she is still alive.
5. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
(a) Goldie was a prostitute.
(b) Goldie framed him.
(c) Goldie is buried on the farm.
(d) Goldie is still alive.
6. What does Marv do to the status of Roark?
(a) Knocks it down.
(b) Shoots at it.
(c) Slashes it with his hatchet.
(d) Defaces it.
7. Who is responsible for the presence of the prostitutes in Sin City?
(a) Roark's grandfather.
(b) Roark's father.
(d) Roark's great-grandfather.
8. What does Marv realize before being knocked out with the mallet?
(a) He has been set up by the priest.
(b) The man with the glasses killed Goldie.
(c) He is afraid to die.
(d) He is going to be killed by the wolf.
9. How does the assistant district attorney force Marv to sign the confession?
(a) They suggest that they will allow Kevin's wolf to eat him if he does not sign.
(b) They threaten to kill Wendy.
(c) They tell him that Nancy will be safe if he stays in jail.
(d) They threaten to kill his mother.
10. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
(a) Roark could retaliate against Marv's family.
(b) Roark may be an innocent bystander.
(c) Roark is regarded as a hero.
(d) Roark is very well-protected.
11. Why do the cops not kill Marv after they find him with Roark's body?
(a) They want to pin all the murders on him.
(b) Marv asks them for mercy.
(c) They knew they would be arrested if they killed him.
(d) They want to torture him like he tortured Roark.
12. What does Wendy reveal to Marv about Goldie that helps to link Roark and Kevin together?
(a) Goldie's customers were primarily priests.
(b) Goldie was attacked by Roark.
(c) Goldie witnessed Roark and Kevin engaging in cannibalism.
(d) Goldie knew that the church was covering up a murder.
13. What do the police officers say they need to find out from Marv?
(a) How many prostitutes were murdered in the farmhouse.
(b) The location of Goldie's body.
(c) How many men he has killed over Goldie.
(d) The people he talked to about Goldie.
14. Although Roark first believed Kevin was insane, why did he start to participate in Kevin's rituals with the women?
(a) Roark grew afraid that Kevin would turn on him if he did not join in.
(b) Roark felt a godly enlightenment from cannibalizing with Kevin.
(c) Roark felt they were doing God's work.
(d) Roark believed that Kevin was a saint.
15. What does Lucille give the police officers?
(a) The prostitute's head.
(b) Marv's coat.
(c) The body of the wolf.
(d) Marv's gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marv and Lucille hear as they leave the farmhouse?
2. How is Marv able to take away Kevin's advantage of agility?
3. Marv's last meal before he is executed is steak and ______.
4. Why does Marv watch twenty blocks away from Nancy's home?
5. Why does Marv run for cover when the police arrives?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)