|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
(a) Goldie is still alive.
(b) Goldie is buried on the farm.
(c) Goldie was a prostitute.
(d) Goldie framed him.
2. Why does Marv love the rain?
(a) It makes him feel cleaner.
(b) It allows him to walk the streets alone and think.
(c) He feels like it cleanses Sin City.
(d) It reminds him of his childhood.
3. How does Marv finally open the door at the farmhouse?
(a) He picks the lock.
(b) He tricks Kevin into opening it.
(c) He shoots the lock.
(d) He batters it from its hinges with his body.
4. What does Wendy give Marv that accidentally allows him to taste her lipstick?
(a) A tissue.
(b) A gag.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A flask of whiskey.
5. What do the police officers say they need to find out from Marv?
(a) How many men he has killed over Goldie.
(b) The people he talked to about Goldie.
(c) The location of Goldie's body.
(d) How many prostitutes were murdered in the farmhouse.
6. According to Lucille, what does the man with the glasses do to the women before he kills them?
(a) Eats them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Blinds them.
(d) Rapes them.
7. Although Roark first believed Kevin was insane, why did he start to participate in Kevin's rituals with the women?
(a) Roark grew afraid that Kevin would turn on him if he did not join in.
(b) Roark felt they were doing God's work.
(c) Roark felt a godly enlightenment from cannibalizing with Kevin.
(d) Roark believed that Kevin was a saint.
8. With what does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
(a) A pipe.
(b) Her fist.
(c) A rock.
(d) The butt of a gun.
9. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
(a) He believes she will show him too much mercy.
(b) He does not want her to see what he is going to do to Kevin.
(c) He is afraid that she will turn on him.
(d) He does not want her to kill him herself.
10. Why do the cops not kill Marv after they find him with Roark's body?
(a) They want to torture him like he tortured Roark.
(b) They knew they would be arrested if they killed him.
(c) Marv asks them for mercy.
(d) They want to pin all the murders on him.
11. Why is Marv initially unable to break down the door in the farmhouse?
(a) It is extremely reinforced.
(b) Marv is weakened from his fights.
(c) Marv is handcuffed to the wall.
(d) The door is welded shut.
12. When Marv wakes up in the room with Lucille, what does he see mounted on the wall?
(a) Women's shoes.
(b) Women's dresses.
(c) Women's heads.
(d) Women's fingernails.
13. What is Roark's nickname in Sin City?
(a) Saint Patrick.
(b) Father Patrick.
(c) The Yellow Bastard.
(d) The Beast.
14. Why is Nancy happy to help Marv with Wendy?
(a) Nancy and Wendy are best friends.
(b) Nancy is in love with Marv.
(c) Nancy owes her life to Marv.
(d) Marv beat up a man who had tried to assault her.
15. Why does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
(a) She believes Marv could get them killed.
(b) She is part of the frame up against Marv.
(c) She has gone insane from fear.
(d) She is afraid that he is too noisy and will attract attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv attempt to visualize in the beginning of chapter nine?
2. Why does Marv watch twenty blocks away from Nancy's home?
3. Why does Marv begin to doubt the events of the last few days in chapter eight?
4. What do Marv and Lucille hear as they leave the farmhouse?
5. Where do the prostitutes live in Sin City?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)