|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Marv most about the man with the glasses?
(a) The man is unable to speak correctly.
(b) The man was able to sneak up on him.
(c) The man appears to be very innocent.
(d) The man is very small.
2. When the woman who looks like Goldie knocks Marv unconscious, where is he when he wakes up?
(a) Chained to a pipe.
(b) Locked in a room.
(c) Trapped by vicious dogs.
(d) Tied to a chair.
3. What does Marve realize about the guards outside of Roark's home?
(a) They are members of high society.
(b) They are mercenaries from the toughest parts of Sin City.
(c) They are part of the group that killed Lucille.
(d) They are prostitutes from Old Town.
4. Why does Marv advise the woman to only hit him with the handle of the gun?
(a) It will not ruin the gun.
(b) It will not accidentally discharge.
(c) She will cut his scalp otherwise.
(d) She will get more impact against his head.
5. About what does Marv pay a compliment to the last police officer left standing at the farmhouse?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His resolve.
(c) His weapon.
(d) His coat.
6. Who is responsible for the presence of the prostitutes in Sin City?
(a) Roark's great-grandfather.
(b) Roark's father.
(d) Roark's grandfather.
7. What does Marv attempt to visualize in the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) Kevin's death.
(b) Roark's death.
(c) Goldie's murder.
(d) His death.
8. What does Marv realize before being knocked out with the mallet?
(a) The man with the glasses killed Goldie.
(b) He is going to be killed by the wolf.
(c) He is afraid to die.
(d) He has been set up by the priest.
9. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
(a) The bed.
(b) The floor.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The couch.
10. Although Roark first believed Kevin was insane, why did he start to participate in Kevin's rituals with the women?
(a) Roark felt a godly enlightenment from cannibalizing with Kevin.
(b) Roark grew afraid that Kevin would turn on him if he did not join in.
(c) Roark felt they were doing God's work.
(d) Roark believed that Kevin was a saint.
11. From listening to his gut, what does Marv realize about the farm as he approaches it?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is built on an Indian burial ground.
(c) It is not the farm to which he needs to go.
(d) It is an evil place.
12. How does Marv flush Kevin out of the farmhouse?
(a) He throws a smoke bomb inside.
(b) He throws a fiery gas can inside.
(c) He forces the wolf to howl.
(d) He screams out for Kevin to come find him.
13. What does Marv reveal about his love life to Wendy?
(a) He could never even get a prostitute with his looks.
(b) He is afraid of women.
(c) His first girlfriend was murdered.
(d) He used to be very violent.
14. What is Roark's nickname in Sin City?
(a) The Yellow Bastard.
(b) Saint Patrick.
(c) The Beast.
(d) Father Patrick.
15. Which of the following does Marv not take to his confrontation with Kevin?
(c) Razor wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv do when he is executed in the electric chair?
2. What is Roark's full name and title?
3. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
4. Why is Lucille wearing Marv's coat?
5. What does Marv realize he will probably have to face if he survives the ordeal with Roark?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)