|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the man with the glasses do to Lucille's hand?
(a) He removed the skin.
(b) He burned it.
(c) He ate it and made her watch.
(d) He fed it to his wolf.
2. Why does Marv begin to doubt the events of the last few days in chapter eight?
(a) He believes Roark is innocent.
(b) It does not make any sense to him.
(c) He is unsure if the events of the farmhouse were a nightmare.
(d) He has not taken his medication.
3. Where do the prostitutes live in Sin City?
(a) South City.
(b) The Project House.
(c) The church basement.
(d) Old Town.
4. How did Lucille end up at the farm?
(a) She was captured on her way to her car.
(b) She was told to go there or her girlfriend would be killed.
(c) She followed Marv.
(d) She was told she could find Marv there.
5. Why does Marv advise the woman to only hit him with the handle of the gun?
(a) It will not ruin the gun.
(b) She will cut his scalp otherwise.
(c) She will get more impact against his head.
(d) It will not accidentally discharge.
6. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
(a) Roark is regarded as a hero.
(b) Roark may be an innocent bystander.
(c) Roark could retaliate against Marv's family.
(d) Roark is very well-protected.
7. What does Marv note about the wolf's breath?
(a) It smells of bones.
(b) It smells of vegetation.
(c) It smells of human blood.
(d) It smells of waste product.
8. What do the police officers say they need to find out from Marv?
(a) How many men he has killed over Goldie.
(b) The location of Goldie's body.
(c) The people he talked to about Goldie.
(d) How many prostitutes were murdered in the farmhouse.
9. What surprises Marv most about the man with the glasses?
(a) The man appears to be very innocent.
(b) The man was able to sneak up on him.
(c) The man is very small.
(d) The man is unable to speak correctly.
10. When the woman who looks like Goldie knocks Marv unconscious, where is he when he wakes up?
(a) Trapped by vicious dogs.
(b) Chained to a pipe.
(c) Locked in a room.
(d) Tied to a chair.
11. How does Marv flush Kevin out of the farmhouse?
(a) He throws a fiery gas can inside.
(b) He throws a smoke bomb inside.
(c) He screams out for Kevin to come find him.
(d) He forces the wolf to howl.
12. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
(a) Goldie framed him.
(b) Goldie is still alive.
(c) Goldie is buried on the farm.
(d) Goldie was a prostitute.
13. What does Marv realize will ultimately happen to him, given Roark's assured involvement in Goldie's death?
(a) Marv will be thrown out of Sin City.
(b) Marv will die.
(c) Marv will be imprisoned.
(d) Marv will be destroying the city itself.
14. What is one of the more striking features of the farm?
(a) The deconstructed barn.
(b) The taxidermic animals on the lawn.
(c) The silo.
(d) The windmill.
15. Why do the cops not kill Marv after they find him with Roark's body?
(a) They knew they would be arrested if they killed him.
(b) They want to torture him like he tortured Roark.
(c) They want to pin all the murders on him.
(d) Marv asks them for mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Roark first believed Kevin was insane, why did he start to participate in Kevin's rituals with the women?
2. For what is Marv awaiting with his gun pulled as the police search the farmhouse?
3. What does Marv do to the status of Roark?
4. Why does Marv watch twenty blocks away from Nancy's home?
5. Who lends Marv a pair of handcuffs?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)