|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Marv unable to look at Wendy in the car?
(a) He is angry at the way she attacked him.
(b) He keeps thinking she is Goldie.
(c) He feels ashamed of his looks around her.
(d) He feels guilty about her sister.
2. From listening to his gut, what does Marv realize about the farm as he approaches it?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is built on an Indian burial ground.
(c) It is an evil place.
(d) It is not the farm to which he needs to go.
3. To whom did Kevin only speak?
(b) Cardinal Roark.
(c) Senator Roark.
4. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
(a) He believes she will show him too much mercy.
(b) He does not want her to see what he is going to do to Kevin.
(c) He does not want her to kill him herself.
(d) He is afraid that she will turn on him.
5. Where does Marv find his new weapon while Lucille talks to the police officers outside the farmhouse?
(a) The body of Kevin's pet wolf.
(b) Underneath the house.
(c) In a tree stump.
(d) In his pocket.
6. What does Wendy give Marv that accidentally allows him to taste her lipstick?
(a) A flask of whiskey.
(b) A gag.
(c) A tissue.
(d) A cigarette.
7. Why does Marv go to the hardware store in chapter nine?
(a) He needs to fix his axe.
(b) He has to pick up supplies.
(c) He is going to have Wendy hide out in the reinforced safe room there.
(d) He has a contact there with guns.
8. With what does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
(a) The butt of a gun.
(b) Her fist.
(c) A rock.
(d) A pipe.
9. How is Marv able to take away Kevin's advantage of agility?
(a) He handcuffs himself to Kevin.
(b) He tricks Kevin into jumping down a hole.
(c) He throws Kevin in a razor wire trap.
(d) He breaks Kevin's knee.
10. What does Lucille try to keep the officers from doing outside the farmhouse?
(a) Questioning her.
(b) Killing Marv.
(c) Arresting Marv.
(d) Searching for Kevin.
11. How does Marv react to the news Lucille gives him about Goldie?
(a) He is broken-hearted that she betrayed him.
(b) He says it does not matter and that he will still track down her killers.
(c) He is thrilled she is still alive.
(d) He is disgusted at the idea of her body being on the farm.
12. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
(a) Goldie is still alive.
(b) Goldie is buried on the farm.
(c) Goldie was a prostitute.
(d) Goldie framed him.
13. What is Roark's full name and title?
(a) Cardinal Patrick Henry Roark.
(b) Senator Elliot Henry Roark.
(c) Governor John Henry Roark.
(d) Father Jebidiah Roark.
14. When Marv awakens after being knocked out by Lucille, what weapon does he grab?
(a) A gun.
(b) A length of chain.
(c) A hatchet.
(d) A rock.
15. What did the man with the glasses do to Lucille's hand?
(a) He removed the skin.
(b) He fed it to his wolf.
(c) He burned it.
(d) He ate it and made her watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv do when he is executed in the electric chair?
2. What does Marv realize will ultimately happen to him, given Roark's assured involvement in Goldie's death?
3. Where is Marv at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What do Marv and Lucille hear as they leave the farmhouse?
5. Who is responsible for the presence of the prostitutes in Sin City?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)