|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the assistant district attorney force Marv to sign the confession?
(a) They suggest that they will allow Kevin's wolf to eat him if he does not sign.
(b) They tell him that Nancy will be safe if he stays in jail.
(c) They threaten to kill his mother.
(d) They threaten to kill Wendy.
2. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
(a) Goldie is still alive.
(b) Goldie framed him.
(c) Goldie was a prostitute.
(d) Goldie is buried on the farm.
3. Why do the cops not kill Marv after they find him with Roark's body?
(a) They knew they would be arrested if they killed him.
(b) Marv asks them for mercy.
(c) They want to torture him like he tortured Roark.
(d) They want to pin all the murders on him.
4. What does Marv do when he is executed in the electric chair?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He tells everyone about Roark and Kevin.
(c) He manages to escape.
(d) He screams.
5. What does Wendy do for Marv before he is electrocuted?
(a) She promises to protect his mother.
(b) She makes love to him and lets him call her Goldie.
(c) She brings him Gladys so that he can choose to commit suicide.
(d) She brings him the cross he always wore around his neck.
6. What do the shower drains in the room at the farmhouse suggest to Marv?
(a) It was designed to easily clean up things like blood.
(b) It was a slaughterhouse for animals.
(c) It was specially designed for Kevin.
(d) It was once a residence for a family.
7. Although Roark first believed Kevin was insane, why did he start to participate in Kevin's rituals with the women?
(a) Roark grew afraid that Kevin would turn on him if he did not join in.
(b) Roark believed that Kevin was a saint.
(c) Roark felt they were doing God's work.
(d) Roark felt a godly enlightenment from cannibalizing with Kevin.
8. Who lends Marv a pair of handcuffs?
(a) A prostitute.
(c) A police officer.
9. Why does Marv go to the hardware store in chapter nine?
(a) He has a contact there with guns.
(b) He is going to have Wendy hide out in the reinforced safe room there.
(c) He needs to fix his axe.
(d) He has to pick up supplies.
10. What does Marv realize he will probably have to face if he survives the ordeal with Roark?
(a) Roark's family.
(b) The judicial system.
(d) His mother.
11. Why is Marv unsatisfied by Kevin's death?
(a) Kevin is unresponsive up until the end.
(b) Kevin is not capable of understanding evil.
(c) Kevin dies too quickly for Marv's liking.
(d) Marv is sick of killing people.
12. Why does Marv love the rain?
(a) It reminds him of his childhood.
(b) It allows him to walk the streets alone and think.
(c) It makes him feel cleaner.
(d) He feels like it cleanses Sin City.
13. Marv's last meal before he is executed is steak and ______.
(a) Mashed potatoes.
14. When Marv awakens after being knocked out by Lucille, what weapon does he grab?
(a) A hatchet.
(b) A rock.
(c) A gun.
(d) A length of chain.
15. Why is Lucille wearing Marv's coat?
(a) Lucille wants to cover up her missing hand.
(b) Kevin took away all of her clothing.
(c) Marv is bleeding too heavily to wear anything at the moment.
(d) It makes her feel safer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendy give Marv that accidentally allows him to taste her lipstick?
2. How does Marv finally open the door at the farmhouse?
3. When Marv wakes up in the room with Lucille, what does he see mounted on the wall?
4. How does Marv react to the news Lucille gives him about Goldie?
5. What does Marv do to the status of Roark?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)