|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Marv line the farmhouse property in an attempt to slow down Kevin?
(a) Broken glass.
(b) Molotov cocktails.
(c) Razor wire.
(d) Pipe bombs.
2. At the end of Chapter 6, what does the driver of the car reveal to be the killer's name?
3. What does Marv unthinkingly attempt to do to Wendy in the hotel room?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Shoot her.
(c) Touch her.
(d) Slap her.
4. Where does Marv find his new weapon while Lucille talks to the police officers outside the farmhouse?
(a) The body of Kevin's pet wolf.
(b) Underneath the house.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) In a tree stump.
5. What does Marv give to Cardinal Roark?
(a) Kevin's wolf.
(b) Kevin's glasses.
(c) Kevin's hands.
(d) Kevin's head.
6. Which of the following does Marv not take to his confrontation with Kevin?
(c) Razor wire.
7. What is Marv doing when he chases the head officer into the woods at the end of chapter seven?
8. Why does Marv love the rain?
(a) He feels like it cleanses Sin City.
(b) It makes him feel cleaner.
(c) It reminds him of his childhood.
(d) It allows him to walk the streets alone and think.
9. Why is Lucille hesitant to leave the room with Marv?
(a) She is afraid that they will run into Kevin.
(b) She is part of a frame up against Marv.
(c) She believes the police are coming to save them.
(d) She is too cold to go outside.
10. Who is responsible for the presence of the prostitutes in Sin City?
(a) Roark's great-grandfather.
(b) Roark's grandfather.
(d) Roark's father.
11. Where does Marv sleep in the hotel while Wendy is in the bed?
(a) The floor.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The couch.
(d) The bed.
12. Why did Wendy repeatedly attack Marv?
(a) She is being paid by Roark.
(b) She os frightened by his appearance.
(c) She thought he was going to murder her.
(d) She believed he was responsible for Goldie and the prostitutes' deaths.
13. What surprises Marv most about the man with the glasses?
(a) The man appears to be very innocent.
(b) The man is very small.
(c) The man was able to sneak up on him.
(d) The man is unable to speak correctly.
14. Why does Marv watch twenty blocks away from Nancy's home?
(a) He does not want anyone to connect him to her.
(b) He needs to steel himself to killing Roark.
(c) He needs time to clear his head.
(d) He is afraid that she will send someone after him.
15. Marv's last meal before he is executed is steak and ______.
(d) Mashed potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sin City during the days of the Old West?
2. What does Marv realize will ultimately happen to him, given Roark's assured involvement in Goldie's death?
3. What does Wendy do for Marv before he is electrocuted?
4. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
5. About what does Marv pay a compliment to the last police officer left standing at the farmhouse?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)