|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marv run for cover when the police arrives?
(a) He is afraid that Kevin has returned.
(b) He knows they are there to kill them.
(c) Lucille does not wish to be seen by anyone.
(d) He knows they will misunderstand his being with Lucille.
2. What happens when Marv tastes Wendy's lipstick?
(a) He resolves to protect her.
(b) He starts to cry at the thought of Goldie's death.
(c) He grows angry that Goldie is gone.
(d) He begins to feel an overwhelming desire for her.
3. What is one of the more striking features of the farm?
(a) The windmill.
(b) The taxidermic animals on the lawn.
(c) The silo.
(d) The deconstructed barn.
4. What is Marv doing when he chases the head officer into the woods at the end of chapter seven?
5. What role does the wolf play in Marv's torture of Kevin?
(a) Marv kills the wolf in front of Kevin.
(b) The wolf feeds on Kevin.
(c) Marv intentionally shows the wolf mercy in front of Kevin to torture him.
(d) The wolf tries to rip out Kevin's throat.
6. What does Lucille give the police officers?
(a) Marv's coat.
(b) Marv's gun.
(c) The body of the wolf.
(d) The prostitute's head.
7. What surprises Marv most about the man with the glasses?
(a) The man is unable to speak correctly.
(b) The man is very small.
(c) The man appears to be very innocent.
(d) The man was able to sneak up on him.
8. What does Wendy reveal to Marv about Goldie that helps to link Roark and Kevin together?
(a) Goldie's customers were primarily priests.
(b) Goldie knew that the church was covering up a murder.
(c) Goldie witnessed Roark and Kevin engaging in cannibalism.
(d) Goldie was attacked by Roark.
9. Why is Marv initially unable to break down the door in the farmhouse?
(a) It is extremely reinforced.
(b) Marv is weakened from his fights.
(c) The door is welded shut.
(d) Marv is handcuffed to the wall.
10. Why does Marv love the rain?
(a) It reminds him of his childhood.
(b) He feels like it cleanses Sin City.
(c) It makes him feel cleaner.
(d) It allows him to walk the streets alone and think.
11. When the woman who looks like Goldie knocks Marv unconscious, where is he when he wakes up?
(a) Trapped by vicious dogs.
(b) Locked in a room.
(c) Chained to a pipe.
(d) Tied to a chair.
12. What was Sin City during the days of the Old West?
(a) Mining town.
(b) Lawless frontier land.
(c) Penal colony.
(d) Colony for lepers.
13. What is Roark's nickname in Sin City?
(a) The Yellow Bastard.
(b) The Beast.
(c) Saint Patrick.
(d) Father Patrick.
14. What does Marv ask Nancy to do with Wendy?
(a) Beg her forgiveness for Marv knocking her out.
(b) Take her back to Old Town.
(c) Take her to his mother's home.
(d) Get her out of town.
15. What does Marv realize he will probably have to face if he survives the ordeal with Roark?
(a) The judicial system.
(b) Roark's family.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv do when he is executed in the electric chair?
2. What does Marv unthinkingly attempt to do to Wendy in the hotel room?
3. What does Marv reveal as being one of his fears?
4. With what does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
5. What is Roark's full name and title?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)