|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Marv not take to his confrontation with Kevin?
(c) Razor wire.
2. How does Marv flush Kevin out of the farmhouse?
(a) He screams out for Kevin to come find him.
(b) He throws a fiery gas can inside.
(c) He forces the wolf to howl.
(d) He throws a smoke bomb inside.
3. How does Marv react to the news Lucille gives him about Goldie?
(a) He says it does not matter and that he will still track down her killers.
(b) He is thrilled she is still alive.
(c) He is disgusted at the idea of her body being on the farm.
(d) He is broken-hearted that she betrayed him.
4. Where do the prostitutes live in Sin City?
(a) Old Town.
(b) The church basement.
(c) South City.
(d) The Project House.
5. Who lends Marv a pair of handcuffs?
(a) A police officer.
(c) A prostitute.
6. Why did Roark arrange for Goldie's murder?
(a) Goldie was blackmailing Roark.
(b) Goldie found out about Roark and Kevin's cannibalistic practices.
(c) Goldie tried to kill Kevin in retaliation for her murdered friends.
(d) Goldie escaped from Kevin's clutches.
7. What was Sin City during the days of the Old West?
(a) Penal colony.
(b) Mining town.
(c) Lawless frontier land.
(d) Colony for lepers.
8. Which of the following does Marv not take with him as he leaves with Wendy in chapter nine?
9. What does Marve realize about the guards outside of Roark's home?
(a) They are prostitutes from Old Town.
(b) They are part of the group that killed Lucille.
(c) They are mercenaries from the toughest parts of Sin City.
(d) They are members of high society.
10. How is Marv able to take away Kevin's advantage of agility?
(a) He tricks Kevin into jumping down a hole.
(b) He throws Kevin in a razor wire trap.
(c) He breaks Kevin's knee.
(d) He handcuffs himself to Kevin.
11. Why does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
(a) She has gone insane from fear.
(b) She believes Marv could get them killed.
(c) She is part of the frame up against Marv.
(d) She is afraid that he is too noisy and will attract attention.
12. What happens to Lucille at the end of chapter seven?
(a) She is accidentally shot by Marv.
(b) She has her neck broken by Kevin.
(c) She is murdered by the police officers.
(d) She is attacked by Kevin's wolf.
13. Marv's last meal before he is executed is steak and ______.
(a) Mashed potatoes.
14. Why does Marv run for cover when the police arrives?
(a) Lucille does not wish to be seen by anyone.
(b) He knows they are there to kill them.
(c) He knows they will misunderstand his being with Lucille.
(d) He is afraid that Kevin has returned.
15. What does Marv attempt to visualize in the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) Roark's death.
(b) His death.
(c) Kevin's death.
(d) Goldie's murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lucille, what does the man with the glasses do to the women before he kills them?
2. In chapter eight, what realization does Marv have about Goldie's motivations for seducing him?
3. Why do the cops not kill Marv after they find him with Roark's body?
4. At the end of Chapter 6, what does the driver of the car reveal to be the killer's name?
5. What does Marv do when he is executed in the electric chair?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)