|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marv react to the news Lucille gives him about Goldie?
(a) He says it does not matter and that he will still track down her killers.
(b) He is disgusted at the idea of her body being on the farm.
(c) He is thrilled she is still alive.
(d) He is broken-hearted that she betrayed him.
2. Why is Marv initially unable to break down the door in the farmhouse?
(a) Marv is handcuffed to the wall.
(b) The door is welded shut.
(c) Marv is weakened from his fights.
(d) It is extremely reinforced.
3. What did the man with the glasses do to Lucille's hand?
(a) He burned it.
(b) He fed it to his wolf.
(c) He removed the skin.
(d) He ate it and made her watch.
4. What is Roark's nickname in Sin City?
(a) The Beast.
(b) The Yellow Bastard.
(c) Father Patrick.
(d) Saint Patrick.
5. What does Marve realize about the guards outside of Roark's home?
(a) They are part of the group that killed Lucille.
(b) They are members of high society.
(c) They are prostitutes from Old Town.
(d) They are mercenaries from the toughest parts of Sin City.
6. What did Kevin confess to Roark when he first met him as a young boy?
(a) His homosexuality.
(b) His fear of God.
(c) His cannibalism.
(d) His hatred of women.
7. With what does Lucille hit Marv over the head?
(a) The butt of a gun.
(b) Her fist.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A rock.
8. What was Sin City during the days of the Old West?
(a) Mining town.
(b) Colony for lepers.
(c) Penal colony.
(d) Lawless frontier land.
9. What does Marv do that gains the trust of the prostitutes at the end of chapter eight?
(a) He shows them his wounds.
(b) He tells them about loving Goldie.
(c) He easily broke free of his ropes.
(d) He gives them his gun.
10. What surprises Marv most about the man with the glasses?
(a) The man is very small.
(b) The man appears to be very innocent.
(c) The man is unable to speak correctly.
(d) The man was able to sneak up on him.
11. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
(a) Goldie was a prostitute.
(b) Goldie is buried on the farm.
(c) Goldie is still alive.
(d) Goldie framed him.
12. Why is Lucille hesitant to leave the room with Marv?
(a) She is part of a frame up against Marv.
(b) She is afraid that they will run into Kevin.
(c) She is too cold to go outside.
(d) She believes the police are coming to save them.
13. What does Marv note about the wolf's breath?
(a) It smells of bones.
(b) It smells of vegetation.
(c) It smells of human blood.
(d) It smells of waste product.
14. What is Marv doing when he chases the head officer into the woods at the end of chapter seven?
15. Which of the following does Marv not take with him as he leaves with Wendy in chapter nine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does the wolf play in Marv's torture of Kevin?
2. From listening to his gut, what does Marv realize about the farm as he approaches it?
3. With what does Marv line the farmhouse property in an attempt to slow down Kevin?
4. Why does Marv knock out Wendy after he subdues Kevin?
5. Why is Marv uneasy with the idea of killing Roark?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)