|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the arrival of the police officers in Chapter 1 indicate to Marv?
(a) He is being framed.
(b) The murderer has been caught already.
(c) He could turn the case over to them.
(d) Goldie screamed for help.
2. How long does Marv sleep after making love to Goldie?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Four hours.
3. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
(a) The police nearly arrested Claire.
(b) She got too scared.
(c) Lucille grew jealous.
(d) Marv grew angry.
4. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
(b) Burn down the hotel.
5. Who is Marv's friend from school?
(b) Jackie Boy.
(c) Roark, Jr.
6. What is Lucille's relationship to Marv?
(a) She is his parole officer.
(b) She is his psychologist.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his partner.
7. Why does Marv wish to get the attention of the people who framed him for Goldie's murder?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He believes he can learn more about the situation.
(c) He does not wish to live his life on the run anymore.
(d) He wants to punished for his past sins.
8. Upon what events from his past does Marv reflect as being partially healed by his night with Goldie?
(b) Attack by Roark's men.
(c) His suicide attempts.
(d) Car accident.
9. Who does Marv send out to spread word of his current whereabouts?
10. Into what does Marv swim after driving the car off the pier?
(a) Flatwood boat.
(b) Sewage pipe.
(c) Garbage heap.
11. How does Marv explain his injuries to his mother?
(a) He got into a fight over someone insulting his girlfriend.
(b) He fell down the stairs.
(c) He was mugged on the way home.
(d) He cut himself shaving.
12. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
(a) Her lesbianism.
(b) Her compassion for him.
(c) Her anger at him.
(d) Her lawful ways.
13. According to Marv, his torture of Goldie's murderer will be so horrible, ____ will be a relief.
14. Where does Marv throw the cops after pulling them from their cruiser in Chapter 2?
(a) The river.
(b) The sewer.
(c) Old Town.
(d) The garbage.
15. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
(a) Whether he killed anyone.
(b) Whether they deserved it.
(c) Whether they knew he was at her apartment.
(d) Whether Marv should have really fought them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kadie repay Marv for the favors she owes him?
2. What is Marv doing at the top of Chapter 2?
3. Where does Marv land after escaping the hotel?
4. About what does Marv pay a complement to one of the hit men who finds him in Kadie's?
5. What does Marv realize he needs at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)