|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv hesitate to question about Goldie in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye"?
(a) What she does for a living.
(b) Why he saw her double on the street earlier.
(c) Why she is with him.
(d) If she is on drugs.
2. How does Marv manage to return to the streets after escaping the police in Chapter 3?
(a) He climbs up a manhole.
(b) He leaves a false trail for the police to follow.
(c) He disguises himself as a police officer.
(d) He takes the long way around to Lucille's apartment.
3. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
(b) Water bed.
(d) Flea infested.
4. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
(a) Cardinal Roark.
(c) The police officers.
5. What impresses Marv about the Mercedes?
(a) The radio is set to a country station.
(b) His blood does not stain the seat.
(c) It smells nice.
(d) It handles well.
6. What does Marv promise Goldie's dead body?
(a) He will find out her real name.
(b) He will avenge her.
(c) He will find her sister.
(d) He will bury her.
7. What container does Marv carry on him in Chapter 2?
(a) Prescription pill bottle.
(c) Water bottle.
(d) Cigarette case.
8. Where does Marv land after escaping the hotel?
(a) Rooftop of a restaurant.
(b) Swimming pool.
(c) Police car.
9. What is a side effect of the legal status of drinking?
(a) Nobody drinks.
(b) Alcohol is incredibly expensive.
(c) Alcohol is practicailly free.
(d) Only politicians can drink.
10. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
(a) Her lawful ways.
(b) Her anger at him.
(c) Her compassion for him.
(d) Her lesbianism.
11. Upon what events from his past does Marv reflect as being partially healed by his night with Goldie?
(a) Attack by Roark's men.
(b) Car accident.
(c) His suicide attempts.
12. Who is Tommy?
(a) Marv's weapons contact.
(b) Goldie's brother.
(c) The man who ordered the man to send the hit men after Marv.
(d) The man who killed Goldie.
13. What does Marv swear to do to Goldie's murderer?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Turn him in to the police.
(c) Turn him over to the prostitutes.
(d) Keep him alive as long as possible.
14. How does Marv explain his injuries to his mother?
(a) He got into a fight over someone insulting his girlfriend.
(b) He cut himself shaving.
(c) He fell down the stairs.
(d) He was mugged on the way home.
15. What word describes the Sin City police force?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
2. In what setting does "The Hard Goodbye" begin?
3. What happens to Marv after he is hit by the car for the third time?
4. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
5. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)