|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Marv sleep after making love to Goldie?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Four hours.
2. What happens to Marv after he is hit by the car for the third time?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He is shot several times.
(c) He takes his medicine.
(d) He removes the bullets from his arm.
3. How does Marv know the police are on their way to his hotel room?
(a) The murderer left a note.
(b) The front desk calls him.
(c) He hears the sirens.
(d) He calls for help outside his window.
4. How does Marv feel about Goldie during their night together?
(a) He sees her as a goddess.
(b) He is angry at her because she is using him.
(c) He finds her disgusting.
(d) He is disdainful of her.
5. Who is approaching the room as Marv says goodbye to Goldie?
(a) The hotel manager.
(b) The police.
(c) Her sister.
(d) His psychiatrist.
6. Why does Marv wish to get the attention of the people who framed him for Goldie's murder?
(a) He wants to punished for his past sins.
(b) He wants to die.
(c) He does not wish to live his life on the run anymore.
(d) He believes he can learn more about the situation.
7. What does Marv believe about the woman who hit him with her car?
(a) It is someone playing a cruel prank on him.
(b) It is Goldie's sister.
(c) He is hallucinating.
(d) It is Goldie.
8. What is Sin City's actual name?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Valley City.
(c) Basin City.
9. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
(a) Roark died months earlier.
(b) Roark is a friend.
(c) Roark is incredibly powerful.
(d) Roark is a priest.
10. How does Marv escape from the hotel room?
(a) He breaks the down the door.
(b) He jumps from the balcony.
(c) He scales down the wall.
(d) He sets the room on fire.
11. After whom did Marv name his gun?
(a) His mother.
(b) His first girlfriend.
(c) A nun at his school.
(d) A prostitute.
12. What does Lucille take with her to investigate the noises outside her window?
(b) A club.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
13. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
(a) He has a grappling hook.
(b) He has nails embedded into his boots.
(c) He hangs by the bricks.
(d) He finds a ladder.
14. What kind of car does the priest drive?
15. Who called the police in Chapter 1?
(a) The murderer.
(c) The man at the front desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv hesitate to question about Goldie in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye"?
2. How does Marv explain his injuries to his mother?
3. What does Marv realize he needs at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Who is waiting for Marv to surface from the water, not knowing that he has exited the water another way?
5. How did Marv torture the man who hired Tommy?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)