|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv believe will happen if the police should find him?
(a) He will be killed.
(b) He will be arrested.
(c) He will escape.
(d) He will negotiate his release.
2. What ultimately happens to the police car Marv steals after his hotel escape?
(a) He drives it off a pier.
(b) He sets it on fire.
(c) He crashes it into a brick wall.
(d) He leaves it in a junkyard.
3. After whom did Marv name his gun?
(a) His mother.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) His first girlfriend.
(d) A nun at his school.
4. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
(b) Tablet of acid.
5. Describe the weather at the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
6. How does Marv feel about Goldie during their night together?
(a) He is angry at her because she is using him.
(b) He sees her as a goddess.
(c) He is disdainful of her.
(d) He finds her disgusting.
7. What does Marv hesitate to question about Goldie in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye"?
(a) If she is on drugs.
(b) What she does for a living.
(c) Why he saw her double on the street earlier.
(d) Why she is with him.
8. Where does the priest send Marv?
(a) A farm.
(b) A bar.
(c) A hospital.
(d) Roark's apartment.
9. Why is drinking illegal in Sin City?
(a) The Church has absolute authority on legal morality.
(b) It allows politicians to collect bribes from nightclub owners to serve alcohol.
(c) It cuts down on the violence.
(d) It is too expensive for the city's income to maintain.
10. What kind of music does Kadie play in her nightclub?
(a) Old country music.
(b) Classic rock.
11. What word describes the Sin City police force?
12. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
(a) He has nails embedded into his boots.
(b) He hangs by the bricks.
(c) He finds a ladder.
(d) He has a grappling hook.
13. Where does Marv throw the cops after pulling them from their cruiser in Chapter 2?
(a) The river.
(b) The sewer.
(c) The garbage.
(d) Old Town.
14. Why does Marv profess to like hit men?
(a) He can hurt them without remorse.
(b) They are honest about their jobs.
(c) He used to be a hit man.
(d) He knows they will be honest with him.
15. About what does Marv pay a complement to one of the hit men who finds him in Kadie's?
(a) His tie.
(b) His gun.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sin City's actual name?
2. Why does the bouncer initially try to tell Marv to leave?
3. What does Marv ask for when Lucille finds him?
4. How does Marv convince the priest to give him the name of the person who ordered Goldie's death?
5. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)