|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lucille initially call out to when she hears Marv outside her window?
2. With what aspect of Goldie is Marv most taken?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her scent.
3. What does Marv sense as he walks away from Kadie's?
(a) He is completely alone.
(b) He is about to be killed.
(c) Someone is watching him.
(d) Goldie's scent.
4. How does Lucille procure medication for Marv?
(a) Her brother is a pharmacist.
(b) Her girlfriend is a psychiatrist.
(c) She goes through her dealer.
(d) She steals it from a hospital.
5. Who is waiting for Marv to surface from the water, not knowing that he has exited the water another way?
(a) His gang.
(c) Police officers.
(d) The murderer.
6. What is a side effect of the legal status of drinking?
(a) Only politicians can drink.
(b) Alcohol is practicailly free.
(c) Nobody drinks.
(d) Alcohol is incredibly expensive.
7. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
(b) Tablet of acid.
8. What impresses Marv about the Mercedes?
(a) It smells nice.
(b) His blood does not stain the seat.
(c) The radio is set to a country station.
(d) It handles well.
9. Why does the bouncer initially try to tell Marv to leave?
(a) His gun.
(b) His military-style coat.
(c) His wounds from the fight with the cops.
(d) Marv once beat the bouncer for hassling a girl.
10. Why is drinking illegal in Sin City?
(a) It allows politicians to collect bribes from nightclub owners to serve alcohol.
(b) It is too expensive for the city's income to maintain.
(c) It cuts down on the violence.
(d) The Church has absolute authority on legal morality.
11. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
12. What does Lucille warn Marv will be the penalty for his activities that night?
(c) He will no longer be able to contact her.
(d) Life in prison.
13. What does Marv hesitate to question about Goldie in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye"?
(a) Why she is with him.
(b) Why he saw her double on the street earlier.
(c) If she is on drugs.
(d) What she does for a living.
14. What is Lucille's relationship to Marv?
(a) She is his parole officer.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his psychologist.
(d) She is his partner.
15. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
(a) His police badge.
(b) His gun.
(c) His sword.
(d) His coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marv's friend from school?
2. In what setting does "The Hard Goodbye" begin?
3. To whom do the police answer?
4. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
5. What makes Marv cry in his mother's home?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)