|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
(a) His gun.
(b) His sword.
(c) His police badge.
(d) His coat.
2. Why does the bouncer initially try to tell Marv to leave?
(a) His military-style coat.
(b) Marv once beat the bouncer for hassling a girl.
(c) His gun.
(d) His wounds from the fight with the cops.
3. Why is Marv unable to sleep?
(a) He is too excited.
(b) The room smells rank.
(c) The place is too noisy and hot.
(d) He is nervous.
4. What does Lucille take with her to investigate the noises outside her window?
(a) A club.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
5. Who is approaching the room as Marv says goodbye to Goldie?
(a) Her sister.
(b) The hotel manager.
(c) His psychiatrist.
(d) The police.
6. What does Marv break when he finally escapes from the hotel in Chapter 2?
7. What is Marv doing at the top of Chapter 2?
(b) Holding Goldie's hand.
(c) Burying Goldie.
(d) Escaping by the rooftop.
8. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
(a) He has nails embedded into his boots.
(b) He hangs by the bricks.
(c) He finds a ladder.
(d) He has a grappling hook.
9. Who is Tommy?
(a) The man who ordered the man to send the hit men after Marv.
(b) Goldie's brother.
(c) Marv's weapons contact.
(d) The man who killed Goldie.
10. How long does Marv sleep after making love to Goldie?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Five hours.
11. When making his escape from the hotel, where is Marv shot?
12. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
(a) Marv grew angry.
(b) Lucille grew jealous.
(c) She got too scared.
(d) The police nearly arrested Claire.
13. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
(a) Tablet of acid.
14. Into what does Marv swim after driving the car off the pier?
(a) Garbage heap.
(c) Flatwood boat.
(d) Sewage pipe.
15. How does Marv escape from the hotel room?
(a) He scales down the wall.
(b) He jumps from the balcony.
(c) He breaks the down the door.
(d) He sets the room on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what setting does "The Hard Goodbye" begin?
2. What impresses Marv about the Mercedes?
3. Why is drinking illegal in Sin City?
4. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
5. What does the arrival of the police officers in Chapter 1 indicate to Marv?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)