|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv believe will happen if the police should find him?
(a) He will escape.
(b) He will negotiate his release.
(c) He will be killed.
(d) He will be arrested.
2. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
(a) Cardinal Roark.
(b) The police officers.
3. What does Marv break when he finally escapes from the hotel in Chapter 2?
4. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
(a) Tablet of acid.
5. After whom did Marv name his gun?
(a) His mother.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A nun at his school.
(d) His first girlfriend.
6. Why does the bouncer initially try to tell Marv to leave?
(a) His gun.
(b) His military-style coat.
(c) His wounds from the fight with the cops.
(d) Marv once beat the bouncer for hassling a girl.
7. How does Marv escape from the hotel room?
(a) He breaks the down the door.
(b) He scales down the wall.
(c) He sets the room on fire.
(d) He jumps from the balcony.
8. Where does Marv throw the cops after pulling them from their cruiser in Chapter 2?
(a) The river.
(b) Old Town.
(c) The sewer.
(d) The garbage.
9. Who does Marv send out to spread word of his current whereabouts?
10. What is Lucille's relationship to Marv?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) She is his parole officer.
(c) She is his partner.
(d) She is his psychologist.
11. How does Marv explain his injuries to his mother?
(a) He was mugged on the way home.
(b) He fell down the stairs.
(c) He got into a fight over someone insulting his girlfriend.
(d) He cut himself shaving.
12. How does Marv know the police are on their way to his hotel room?
(a) He calls for help outside his window.
(b) The front desk calls him.
(c) He hears the sirens.
(d) The murderer left a note.
13. Why does Marv wish to get the attention of the people who framed him for Goldie's murder?
(a) He believes he can learn more about the situation.
(b) He wants to punished for his past sins.
(c) He wants to die.
(d) He does not wish to live his life on the run anymore.
14. For what reason did Marv hold himself responsible for failing to prevent Goldie's death?
(a) He was scared.
(b) He was exhausted.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He was strung-out.
15. How does Marv manage to return to the streets after escaping the police in Chapter 3?
(a) He disguises himself as a police officer.
(b) He takes the long way around to Lucille's apartment.
(c) He climbs up a manhole.
(d) He leaves a false trail for the police to follow.
Short Answer Questions
1. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
2. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
4. Who is waiting for Marv to surface from the water, not knowing that he has exited the water another way?
5. What kind of car does the priest drive?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)