|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Marv cry in his mother's home?
(a) The smells from childhood.
(b) The disarray.
(c) The absence of his father.
(d) His mother's cane.
2. What happens to Marv after he is hit by the car for the third time?
(a) He is shot several times.
(b) He removes the bullets from his arm.
(c) He takes his medicine.
(d) He passes out.
3. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
(a) Her lawful ways.
(b) Her anger at him.
(c) Her compassion for him.
(d) Her lesbianism.
4. After whom did Marv name his gun?
(a) His mother.
(b) His first girlfriend.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A nun at his school.
5. Who does Lucille initially call out to when she hears Marv outside her window?
6. What does Marv note about the condition of Goldie's dead body?
(a) She has been stabbed.
(b) She has been burned.
(c) There are no marks on her.
(d) She has been shot several times.
7. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
(a) His sword.
(b) His gun.
(c) His police badge.
(d) His coat.
8. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
(a) Dream about moving away from their corrupt city.
(b) Lock themselves away from the ugliness of Sin City.
(c) Find their darker selves.
(d) Placate themselves.
9. According to Marv, what is hell?
(a) Having Goldie taken away from him.
(b) Having no purpose in life.
(c) Constantly being misunderstood.
(d) Eternal pain.
10. What word describes the Sin City police force?
11. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
(a) He finds a ladder.
(b) He hangs by the bricks.
(c) He has a grappling hook.
(d) He has nails embedded into his boots.
12. How does Lucille procure medication for Marv?
(a) Her girlfriend is a psychiatrist.
(b) She steals it from a hospital.
(c) She goes through her dealer.
(d) Her brother is a pharmacist.
13. What does Lucille warn Marv will be the penalty for his activities that night?
(a) He will no longer be able to contact her.
(c) Life in prison.
14. What is Lucille's relationship to Marv?
(a) She is his psychologist.
(b) She is his partner.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his parole officer.
15. According to Marv, his torture of Goldie's murderer will be so horrible, ____ will be a relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv sense as he walks away from Kadie's?
2. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
3. What breaks Marv's fall from the hotel?
4. What does Marv swear to do to Goldie's murderer?
5. What kind of music does Kadie play in her nightclub?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)