|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
(c) Water bed.
(d) Flea infested.
2. How does Marv manage to return to the streets after escaping the police in Chapter 3?
(a) He climbs up a manhole.
(b) He leaves a false trail for the police to follow.
(c) He takes the long way around to Lucille's apartment.
(d) He disguises himself as a police officer.
3. What impresses Marv about the Mercedes?
(a) The radio is set to a country station.
(b) It handles well.
(c) His blood does not stain the seat.
(d) It smells nice.
4. From what infirm does Marv's mother suffer?
(d) Unable to walk.
5. Why can Marv not go outside during the day?
(a) He cannot see very well in the sunlight.
(b) His skin is sensitive to the sun.
(c) He gets too many stares because of his looks.
(d) Too many people are looking for him.
6. According to Marv, his torture of Goldie's murderer will be so horrible, ____ will be a relief.
7. Who is watching Marv as he leaves the bar at the end of Chapter 4?
(d) A woman who looks like Goldie.
8. About what does Marv pay a complement to one of the hit men who finds him in Kadie's?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His gun.
(c) His coat.
(d) His tie.
9. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
(b) Burn down the hotel.
10. At the top of Chapter 4, for what does Marv admit to having a talent?
(a) Rescuing people.
(c) Solving jigsaw puzzles.
11. What is Sin City's actual name?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Basin City.
(c) Valley City.
12. Who does Marv send out to spread word of his current whereabouts?
13. What happens to Marv after he is hit by the car for the third time?
(a) He takes his medicine.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He is shot several times.
(d) He removes the bullets from his arm.
14. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
(a) Cardinal Roark.
(b) The police officers.
15. Where does Marv land after escaping the hotel?
(a) Rooftop of a restaurant.
(b) Police car.
(d) Swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what aspect of Goldie is Marv most taken?
2. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
3. In what setting does "The Hard Goodbye" begin?
4. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
5. What does Marv instantly realize about the cause of Goldie's death?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)