|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After whom did Marv name his gun?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) His mother.
(c) A nun at his school.
(d) His first girlfriend.
2. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
(a) Lock themselves away from the ugliness of Sin City.
(b) Find their darker selves.
(c) Dream about moving away from their corrupt city.
(d) Placate themselves.
3. What does Lucille take with her to investigate the noises outside her window?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(d) A club.
4. With what aspect of Goldie is Marv most taken?
(a) Her scent.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her voice.
5. In what setting does "The Hard Goodbye" begin?
(b) Strip club.
(c) Marv's apartment.
6. What happens to Marv after he is hit by the car for the third time?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He is shot several times.
(c) He removes the bullets from his arm.
(d) He takes his medicine.
7. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
(a) The police officers.
(b) Cardinal Roark.
8. What does the arrival of the police officers in Chapter 1 indicate to Marv?
(a) Goldie screamed for help.
(b) He is being framed.
(c) He could turn the case over to them.
(d) The murderer has been caught already.
9. What is Marv doing at the top of Chapter 2?
(a) Holding Goldie's hand.
(b) Escaping by the rooftop.
(c) Burying Goldie.
10. Why can Marv not go outside during the day?
(a) Too many people are looking for him.
(b) He gets too many stares because of his looks.
(c) He cannot see very well in the sunlight.
(d) His skin is sensitive to the sun.
11. According to Marv, his torture of Goldie's murderer will be so horrible, ____ will be a relief.
12. What does Marv realize he needs at the end of Chapter 4?
13. Where does Marv throw the cops after pulling them from their cruiser in Chapter 2?
(a) The sewer.
(b) The garbage.
(c) The river.
(d) Old Town.
14. Why does Marv wish to get the attention of the people who framed him for Goldie's murder?
(a) He wants to punished for his past sins.
(b) He believes he can learn more about the situation.
(c) He does not wish to live his life on the run anymore.
(d) He wants to die.
15. What does Lucille warn Marv will be the penalty for his activities that night?
(b) He will no longer be able to contact her.
(d) Life in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Where did Goldie pick up Marv before bringing him to the hotel?
3. Who runs Marv down outside of the church?
4. What does Marv break when he finally escapes from the hotel in Chapter 2?
5. About what does Marv pay a complement to one of the hit men who finds him in Kadie's?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)