|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the arrival of the police officers in Chapter 1 indicate to Marv?
(a) The murderer has been caught already.
(b) He could turn the case over to them.
(c) He is being framed.
(d) Goldie screamed for help.
2. Who called the police in Chapter 1?
(b) The man at the front desk.
(d) The murderer.
3. What is a significant descriptor of Kadie?
4. What container does Marv carry on him in Chapter 2?
(a) Prescription pill bottle.
(b) Cigarette case.
(d) Water bottle.
5. What does Marv realize he needs at the end of Chapter 4?
6. What does Lucille take with her to investigate the noises outside her window?
(a) A gun.
(b) A club.
(c) A knife.
7. When Marv is cornered by the police car after escaping from the hotel, what does he break on it?
(a) The side mirrors.
(b) The windshield.
(c) The headlights.
(d) The flashing lights.
8. Why did Marv go to a church in Chapter 5?
(a) The priest was implicated in Goldie's murder.
(b) He wants to confess his sins.
(c) The priest used to be his teacher.
(d) He needs sanctuary.
9. How does Marv manage to return to the streets after escaping the police in Chapter 3?
(a) He disguises himself as a police officer.
(b) He leaves a false trail for the police to follow.
(c) He climbs up a manhole.
(d) He takes the long way around to Lucille's apartment.
10. What kind of music does Kadie play in her nightclub?
(a) Classic rock.
(d) Old country music.
11. What happens to Marv after he is hit by the car for the third time?
(a) He takes his medicine.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He is shot several times.
(d) He removes the bullets from his arm.
12. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
(d) Tablet of acid.
13. What does Marv ask for when Lucille finds him?
(b) A place to sleep.
(c) A joint.
(d) A beer.
14. Where does Marv throw the cops after pulling them from their cruiser in Chapter 2?
(a) Old Town.
(b) The sewer.
(c) The river.
(d) The garbage.
15. How does Marv explain his injuries to his mother?
(a) He was mugged on the way home.
(b) He cut himself shaving.
(c) He got into a fight over someone insulting his girlfriend.
(d) He fell down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. After whom did Marv name his gun?
2. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
3. What breaks Marv's fall from the hotel?
4. What does Marv believe about the woman who hit him with her car?
5. What is a side effect of the legal status of drinking?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)