|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When making his escape from the hotel, where is Marv shot?
2. What does Marv instantly realize about the cause of Goldie's death?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She died of natural causes.
(c) He killed her on accident during sex.
(d) She was murdered.
3. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
(a) Whether they deserved it.
(b) Whether he killed anyone.
(c) Whether they knew he was at her apartment.
(d) Whether Marv should have really fought them.
4. What is a side effect of the legal status of drinking?
(a) Nobody drinks.
(b) Alcohol is incredibly expensive.
(c) Only politicians can drink.
(d) Alcohol is practicailly free.
5. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
(a) Roark is incredibly powerful.
(b) Roark is a priest.
(c) Roark died months earlier.
(d) Roark is a friend.
6. What is Sin City's actual name?
(a) Valley City.
(b) Basin City.
(d) Las Vegas.
7. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
(a) She got too scared.
(b) Marv grew angry.
(c) Lucille grew jealous.
(d) The police nearly arrested Claire.
8. What impresses Marv about the Mercedes?
(a) It handles well.
(b) The radio is set to a country station.
(c) His blood does not stain the seat.
(d) It smells nice.
9. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
(c) Burn down the hotel.
10. Who is approaching the room as Marv says goodbye to Goldie?
(a) His psychiatrist.
(b) Her sister.
(c) The police.
(d) The hotel manager.
11. Who is Marv's friend from school?
(c) Jackie Boy.
(d) Roark, Jr.
12. In what setting does "The Hard Goodbye" begin?
(a) Strip club.
(c) Marv's apartment.
13. What is Marv doing at the top of Chapter 2?
(b) Holding Goldie's hand.
(c) Burying Goldie.
(d) Escaping by the rooftop.
14. Who called the police in Chapter 1?
(a) The man at the front desk.
(d) The murderer.
15. How long does Marv sleep after making love to Goldie?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv ask for when Lucille finds him?
2. With what aspect of Goldie is Marv most taken?
3. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
4. Who runs Marv down outside of the church?
5. How does Lucille procure medication for Marv?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)