|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called the police in Chapter 1?
(c) The murderer.
(d) The man at the front desk.
2. Why does the bouncer initially try to tell Marv to leave?
(a) His military-style coat.
(b) His wounds from the fight with the cops.
(c) Marv once beat the bouncer for hassling a girl.
(d) His gun.
3. When Marv is cornered by the police car after escaping from the hotel, what does he break on it?
(a) The side mirrors.
(b) The windshield.
(c) The headlights.
(d) The flashing lights.
4. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
(b) Tablet of acid.
5. How does Marv attempt to pass the time while waiting for the day to go by in Chapter 5?
(b) Watching TV.
6. After whom did Marv name his gun?
(a) His first girlfriend.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) His mother.
(d) A nun at his school.
7. What does Marv instantly realize about the cause of Goldie's death?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) She died of natural causes.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) He killed her on accident during sex.
8. Who runs Marv down outside of the church?
(b) The woman who looks like Goldie.
(c) The priest.
9. What does Marv believe about the woman who hit him with her car?
(a) It is someone playing a cruel prank on him.
(b) He is hallucinating.
(c) It is Goldie's sister.
(d) It is Goldie.
10. Into what does Marv swim after driving the car off the pier?
(a) Sewage pipe.
(b) Flatwood boat.
(d) Garbage heap.
11. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
(a) Flea infested.
(c) Water bed.
12. How long does Marv sleep after making love to Goldie?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
13. Who is Tommy?
(a) The man who killed Goldie.
(b) Marv's weapons contact.
(c) Goldie's brother.
(d) The man who ordered the man to send the hit men after Marv.
14. Who is waiting for Marv to surface from the water, not knowing that he has exited the water another way?
(a) Police officers.
(b) His gang.
(c) The murderer.
15. Why is Marv unable to sleep?
(a) The room smells rank.
(b) He is too excited.
(c) The place is too noisy and hot.
(d) He is nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucille take with her to investigate the noises outside her window?
2. What is Sin City's actual name?
3. According to Marv, what is hell?
4. What does Marv hesitate to question about Goldie in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye"?
5. Why is drinking illegal in Sin City?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)