|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what infirm does Marv's mother suffer?
(c) Unable to walk.
2. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
(a) His sword.
(b) His coat.
(c) His gun.
(d) His police badge.
3. When Marv is cornered by the police car after escaping from the hotel, what does he break on it?
(a) The headlights.
(b) The windshield.
(c) The side mirrors.
(d) The flashing lights.
4. What makes Marv cry in his mother's home?
(a) The disarray.
(b) The absence of his father.
(c) The smells from childhood.
(d) His mother's cane.
5. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
(a) Roark died months earlier.
(b) Roark is a priest.
(c) Roark is a friend.
(d) Roark is incredibly powerful.
6. What does Marv instantly realize about the cause of Goldie's death?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) He killed her on accident during sex.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She died of natural causes.
7. When making his escape from the hotel, where is Marv shot?
8. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
(a) Her compassion for him.
(b) Her lesbianism.
(c) Her anger at him.
(d) Her lawful ways.
9. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He is in a lot of pain from being shot.
(b) He forgot to take his medicine.
(c) He hit his head on the asphalt.
(d) He is still very drunk.
10. What is Lucille's relationship to Marv?
(a) She is his parole officer.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his partner.
(d) She is his psychologist.
11. Why is drinking illegal in Sin City?
(a) It cuts down on the violence.
(b) The Church has absolute authority on legal morality.
(c) It is too expensive for the city's income to maintain.
(d) It allows politicians to collect bribes from nightclub owners to serve alcohol.
12. Who does Lucille initially call out to when she hears Marv outside her window?
13. How does Kadie repay Marv for the favors she owes him?
(a) Marv drinks for free at her bar.
(b) Marv is paid back in weapons.
(c) Marv can be given sanctuary in her bar.
(d) Marv is allowed to do anything he wants in the bar.
14. With what aspect of Goldie is Marv most taken?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her scent.
15. How does Marv convince the priest to give him the name of the person who ordered Goldie's death?
(a) He threatens to burn down the confessional.
(b) He holds the priest underwater.
(c) He threatens to go to the newspaper with the story.
(d) He lets the priest hear him cocking his pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tommy?
2. What does Marv believe about the woman who hit him with her car?
3. Who does Marv send out to spread word of his current whereabouts?
4. What does Marv hesitate to question about Goldie in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye"?
5. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)