|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kadie repay Marv for the favors she owes him?
(a) Marv drinks for free at her bar.
(b) Marv is paid back in weapons.
(c) Marv is allowed to do anything he wants in the bar.
(d) Marv can be given sanctuary in her bar.
2. What does Marv swear to do to Goldie's murderer?
(a) Turn him over to the prostitutes.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Keep him alive as long as possible.
(d) Turn him in to the police.
3. How does Marv feel about Goldie during their night together?
(a) He is angry at her because she is using him.
(b) He sees her as a goddess.
(c) He is disdainful of her.
(d) He finds her disgusting.
4. Who runs Marv down outside of the church?
(a) The priest.
(c) The woman who looks like Goldie.
5. What happens to Marv after he is hit by the car for the third time?
(a) He removes the bullets from his arm.
(b) He is shot several times.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He takes his medicine.
6. Why does the bouncer initially try to tell Marv to leave?
(a) His gun.
(b) His military-style coat.
(c) Marv once beat the bouncer for hassling a girl.
(d) His wounds from the fight with the cops.
7. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He hit his head on the asphalt.
(b) He forgot to take his medicine.
(c) He is in a lot of pain from being shot.
(d) He is still very drunk.
8. What does Marv believe will happen if the police should find him?
(a) He will escape.
(b) He will be killed.
(c) He will negotiate his release.
(d) He will be arrested.
9. Why does Marv profess to like hit men?
(a) They are honest about their jobs.
(b) He can hurt them without remorse.
(c) He knows they will be honest with him.
(d) He used to be a hit man.
10. What impresses Marv about the Mercedes?
(a) The radio is set to a country station.
(b) It handles well.
(c) It smells nice.
(d) His blood does not stain the seat.
11. Why is drinking illegal in Sin City?
(a) It allows politicians to collect bribes from nightclub owners to serve alcohol.
(b) The Church has absolute authority on legal morality.
(c) It cuts down on the violence.
(d) It is too expensive for the city's income to maintain.
12. When making his escape from the hotel, where is Marv shot?
13. Who is Tommy?
(a) The man who ordered the man to send the hit men after Marv.
(b) The man who killed Goldie.
(c) Goldie's brother.
(d) Marv's weapons contact.
14. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
(a) Roark is a friend.
(b) Roark is a priest.
(c) Roark is incredibly powerful.
(d) Roark died months earlier.
15. What does Marv ask for when Lucille finds him?
(a) A joint.
(b) A beer.
(d) A place to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marv manage to return to the streets after escaping the police in Chapter 3?
2. What does Marv hesitate to question about Goldie in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye"?
3. For what reason did Marv hold himself responsible for failing to prevent Goldie's death?
4. Describe the weather at the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
5. Who does Lucille initially call out to when she hears Marv outside her window?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)