|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv hesitate to question about Goldie in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye"?
(a) Why he saw her double on the street earlier.
(b) Why she is with him.
(c) What she does for a living.
(d) If she is on drugs.
2. How does Lucille procure medication for Marv?
(a) Her girlfriend is a psychiatrist.
(b) She goes through her dealer.
(c) Her brother is a pharmacist.
(d) She steals it from a hospital.
3. Why is Marv unable to sleep?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) The place is too noisy and hot.
(c) He is too excited.
(d) The room smells rank.
4. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
(a) Her lesbianism.
(b) Her compassion for him.
(c) Her lawful ways.
(d) Her anger at him.
5. What does Marv break when he finally escapes from the hotel in Chapter 2?
6. Who called the police in Chapter 1?
(a) The man at the front desk.
(d) The murderer.
7. Where does the priest send Marv?
(a) A bar.
(b) Roark's apartment.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A farm.
8. What makes Marv cry in his mother's home?
(a) The disarray.
(b) His mother's cane.
(c) The absence of his father.
(d) The smells from childhood.
9. What is a side effect of the legal status of drinking?
(a) Alcohol is incredibly expensive.
(b) Nobody drinks.
(c) Only politicians can drink.
(d) Alcohol is practicailly free.
10. What is Sin City's actual name?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Basin City.
(c) Valley City.
11. When making his escape from the hotel, where is Marv shot?
12. What kind of car does the priest drive?
13. How does Kadie repay Marv for the favors she owes him?
(a) Marv is allowed to do anything he wants in the bar.
(b) Marv can be given sanctuary in her bar.
(c) Marv drinks for free at her bar.
(d) Marv is paid back in weapons.
14. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
(a) His gun.
(b) His coat.
(c) His police badge.
(d) His sword.
15. Why can Marv not go outside during the day?
(a) He gets too many stares because of his looks.
(b) Too many people are looking for him.
(c) His skin is sensitive to the sun.
(d) He cannot see very well in the sunlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
3. Who is Tommy?
4. How does Marv injure the bouncer to Kadie's?
5. For what reason did Marv hold himself responsible for failing to prevent Goldie's death?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)