|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Marv sleep after making love to Goldie?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Five hours.
2. Who is Marv's friend from school?
(a) Jackie Boy.
(d) Roark, Jr.
3. Why did Marv go to a church in Chapter 5?
(a) He wants to confess his sins.
(b) The priest used to be his teacher.
(c) He needs sanctuary.
(d) The priest was implicated in Goldie's murder.
4. Where does Marv throw the cops after pulling them from their cruiser in Chapter 2?
(a) The river.
(b) The garbage.
(c) Old Town.
(d) The sewer.
5. From what infirm does Marv's mother suffer?
(c) Unable to walk.
6. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) Burn down the hotel.
7. Where does Marv land after escaping the hotel?
(a) Police car.
(b) Rooftop of a restaurant.
(d) Swimming pool.
8. What does Lucille warn Marv will be the penalty for his activities that night?
(a) Life in prison.
(d) He will no longer be able to contact her.
9. What does Marv swear to do to Goldie's murderer?
(a) Turn him over to the prostitutes.
(b) Turn him in to the police.
(c) Keep him alive as long as possible.
(d) Kill him.
10. When Marv is cornered by the police car after escaping from the hotel, what does he break on it?
(a) The headlights.
(b) The side mirrors.
(c) The flashing lights.
(d) The windshield.
11. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
(b) Water bed.
(c) Flea infested.
12. To whom do the police answer?
(a) The law.
(b) Whoever pays them.
(c) The underworld.
(d) The police captain.
13. About what does Marv pay a complement to one of the hit men who finds him in Kadie's?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His gun.
(c) His tie.
(d) His coat.
14. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
(a) His gun.
(b) His police badge.
(c) His sword.
(d) His coat.
15. Upon what events from his past does Marv reflect as being partially healed by his night with Goldie?
(b) Attack by Roark's men.
(c) His suicide attempts.
(d) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tommy?
2. How does Marv escape from the hotel room?
3. What word describes the Sin City police force?
4. Who is watching Marv as he leaves the bar at the end of Chapter 4?
5. At the top of Chapter 4, for what does Marv admit to having a talent?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)