|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv promise Goldie's dead body?
(a) He will avenge her.
(b) He will find her sister.
(c) He will find out her real name.
(d) He will bury her.
2. Why can Marv not go outside during the day?
(a) Too many people are looking for him.
(b) His skin is sensitive to the sun.
(c) He gets too many stares because of his looks.
(d) He cannot see very well in the sunlight.
3. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
(b) Water bed.
(d) Flea infested.
4. What breaks Marv's fall from the hotel?
(a) Garbage bags.
(b) Police cruiser.
(c) Human bodies.
5. Why does the bouncer initially try to tell Marv to leave?
(a) His gun.
(b) His wounds from the fight with the cops.
(c) Marv once beat the bouncer for hassling a girl.
(d) His military-style coat.
6. Where does the priest send Marv?
(a) A bar.
(b) A farm.
(c) Roark's apartment.
(d) A hospital.
7. What impresses Marv about the Mercedes?
(a) The radio is set to a country station.
(b) His blood does not stain the seat.
(c) It smells nice.
(d) It handles well.
8. What is a side effect of the legal status of drinking?
(a) Alcohol is practicailly free.
(b) Only politicians can drink.
(c) Alcohol is incredibly expensive.
(d) Nobody drinks.
9. How does Marv escape from the hotel room?
(a) He sets the room on fire.
(b) He breaks the down the door.
(c) He jumps from the balcony.
(d) He scales down the wall.
10. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
(a) Dream about moving away from their corrupt city.
(b) Placate themselves.
(c) Find their darker selves.
(d) Lock themselves away from the ugliness of Sin City.
11. What does Lucille take with her to investigate the noises outside her window?
(a) A knife.
(b) A club.
(d) A gun.
12. Into what does Marv swim after driving the car off the pier?
(b) Garbage heap.
(c) Flatwood boat.
(d) Sewage pipe.
13. From what infirm does Marv's mother suffer?
(b) Unable to walk.
14. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
(d) Burn down the hotel.
15. Why is Marv unable to sleep?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) The place is too noisy and hot.
(c) He is too excited.
(d) The room smells rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marv's friend from school?
2. Who is waiting for Marv to surface from the water, not knowing that he has exited the water another way?
3. What container does Marv carry on him in Chapter 2?
4. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What does Marv ask for when Lucille finds him?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)