|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucille take with her to investigate the noises outside her window?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A club.
2. Who runs Marv down outside of the church?
(a) The woman who looks like Goldie.
(c) The priest.
3. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
(c) The police officers.
(d) Cardinal Roark.
4. According to Marv, what is hell?
(a) Having no purpose in life.
(b) Having Goldie taken away from him.
(c) Eternal pain.
(d) Constantly being misunderstood.
5. What does Marv break when he finally escapes from the hotel in Chapter 2?
6. How does Kadie repay Marv for the favors she owes him?
(a) Marv is allowed to do anything he wants in the bar.
(b) Marv drinks for free at her bar.
(c) Marv can be given sanctuary in her bar.
(d) Marv is paid back in weapons.
7. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
(a) Her lesbianism.
(b) Her lawful ways.
(c) Her compassion for him.
(d) Her anger at him.
8. Who does Lucille initially call out to when she hears Marv outside her window?
9. What container does Marv carry on him in Chapter 2?
(a) Water bottle.
(c) Cigarette case.
(d) Prescription pill bottle.
10. How does Marv convince the priest to give him the name of the person who ordered Goldie's death?
(a) He holds the priest underwater.
(b) He threatens to burn down the confessional.
(c) He lets the priest hear him cocking his pistol.
(d) He threatens to go to the newspaper with the story.
11. What does Marv sense as he walks away from Kadie's?
(a) He is about to be killed.
(b) Goldie's scent.
(c) Someone is watching him.
(d) He is completely alone.
12. For what reason did Marv hold himself responsible for failing to prevent Goldie's death?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He was strung-out.
(c) He was scared.
(d) He was exhausted.
13. Who is approaching the room as Marv says goodbye to Goldie?
(a) Her sister.
(b) The police.
(c) His psychiatrist.
(d) The hotel manager.
14. What word describes the Sin City police force?
15. How does Marv manage to return to the streets after escaping the police in Chapter 3?
(a) He leaves a false trail for the police to follow.
(b) He disguises himself as a police officer.
(c) He takes the long way around to Lucille's apartment.
(d) He climbs up a manhole.
Short Answer Questions
1. When making his escape from the hotel, where is Marv shot?
2. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
3. What is Lucille's relationship to Marv?
4. What kind of music does Kadie play in her nightclub?
5. About what does Marv pay a complement to one of the hit men who finds him in Kadie's?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)