|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv believe about the woman who hit him with her car?
(a) He is hallucinating.
(b) It is Goldie's sister.
(c) It is Goldie.
(d) It is someone playing a cruel prank on him.
2. What is Lucille's relationship to Marv?
(a) She is his partner.
(b) She is his parole officer.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his psychologist.
3. Who is watching Marv as he leaves the bar at the end of Chapter 4?
(b) A woman who looks like Goldie.
4. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
(a) He has nails embedded into his boots.
(b) He hangs by the bricks.
(c) He finds a ladder.
(d) He has a grappling hook.
5. How long does Marv sleep after making love to Goldie?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
6. When Marv is cornered by the police car after escaping from the hotel, what does he break on it?
(a) The flashing lights.
(b) The windshield.
(c) The headlights.
(d) The side mirrors.
7. What happens to Marv after he is hit by the car for the third time?
(a) He takes his medicine.
(b) He removes the bullets from his arm.
(c) He is shot several times.
(d) He passes out.
8. How does Marv attempt to pass the time while waiting for the day to go by in Chapter 5?
(b) Watching TV.
9. About what does Marv pay a complement to one of the hit men who finds him in Kadie's?
(a) His tie.
(b) His gun.
(c) His coat.
(d) His shoes.
10. How does Lucille procure medication for Marv?
(a) She steals it from a hospital.
(b) Her brother is a pharmacist.
(c) Her girlfriend is a psychiatrist.
(d) She goes through her dealer.
11. What does Marv promise Goldie's dead body?
(a) He will find her sister.
(b) He will find out her real name.
(c) He will bury her.
(d) He will avenge her.
12. What does Marv realize he needs at the end of Chapter 4?
13. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
(a) Whether he killed anyone.
(b) Whether Marv should have really fought them.
(c) Whether they deserved it.
(d) Whether they knew he was at her apartment.
14. Why is Marv afraid to trust his senses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He is in a lot of pain from being shot.
(b) He is still very drunk.
(c) He forgot to take his medicine.
(d) He hit his head on the asphalt.
15. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what infirm does Marv's mother suffer?
2. What impresses Marv about the Mercedes?
3. What container does Marv carry on him in Chapter 2?
4. Who is Marv's friend from school?
5. After whom did Marv name his gun?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)