Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
(a) He has a grappling hook.
(b) He finds a ladder.
(c) He has nails embedded into his boots.
(d) He hangs by the bricks.
2. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
(a) Roark is a friend.
(b) Roark is a priest.
(c) Roark died months earlier.
(d) Roark is incredibly powerful.
3. According to Marv, what is hell?
(a) Having no purpose in life.
(b) Eternal pain.
(c) Having Goldie taken away from him.
(d) Constantly being misunderstood.
4. Describe the weather at the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
5. What does Lucille warn Marv will be the penalty for his activities that night?
(a) He will no longer be able to contact her.
(d) Life in prison.
6. Who does Lucille initially call out to when she hears Marv outside her window?
7. Where did Goldie pick up Marv before bringing him to the hotel?
(a) The church.
(b) A saloon.
(d) A strip club.
8. What makes Marv cry in his mother's home?
(a) His mother's cane.
(b) The absence of his father.
(c) The disarray.
(d) The smells from childhood.
9. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
(a) Tablet of acid.
10. At the top of Chapter 4, for what does Marv admit to having a talent?
(a) Solving jigsaw puzzles.
(c) Rescuing people.
11. Where does Marv throw the cops after pulling them from their cruiser in Chapter 2?
(a) The garbage.
(b) Old Town.
(c) The river.
(d) The sewer.
12. Where does the priest send Marv?
(a) Roark's apartment.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A bar.
(d) A farm.
13. What does Marv swear to do to Goldie's murderer?
(a) Turn him over to the prostitutes.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Turn him in to the police.
(d) Keep him alive as long as possible.
14. Where does Marv land after escaping the hotel?
(a) Rooftop of a restaurant.
(b) Police car.
(c) Swimming pool.
15. What does Marv sense as he walks away from Kadie's?
(a) Someone is watching him.
(b) Goldie's scent.
(c) He is about to be killed.
(d) He is completely alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv believe will happen if the police should find him?
2. What does the arrival of the police officers in Chapter 1 indicate to Marv?
3. How does Marv convince the priest to give him the name of the person who ordered Goldie's death?
4. Who is approaching the room as Marv says goodbye to Goldie?
5. To whom do the police answer?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)