|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music does Kadie play in her nightclub?
(b) Old country music.
(d) Classic rock.
2. Describe the weather at the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
3. What does Marv ask for when Lucille finds him?
(b) A joint.
(c) A beer.
(d) A place to sleep.
4. Upon what events from his past does Marv reflect as being partially healed by his night with Goldie?
(a) His suicide attempts.
(b) Attack by Roark's men.
(d) Car accident.
5. What does Marv promise Goldie's dead body?
(a) He will bury her.
(b) He will find out her real name.
(c) He will find her sister.
(d) He will avenge her.
6. From what infirm does Marv's mother suffer?
(a) Unable to walk.
7. Why does the bouncer initially try to tell Marv to leave?
(a) His gun.
(b) Marv once beat the bouncer for hassling a girl.
(c) His military-style coat.
(d) His wounds from the fight with the cops.
8. As the sun goes down in Chapter 5, what does Marv suggest the ordinary citizens of Sin City attempt to do every night?
(a) Find their darker selves.
(b) Dream about moving away from their corrupt city.
(c) Lock themselves away from the ugliness of Sin City.
(d) Placate themselves.
9. Who is Tommy?
(a) The man who ordered the man to send the hit men after Marv.
(b) Goldie's brother.
(c) The man who killed Goldie.
(d) Marv's weapons contact.
10. What does Marv break when he finally escapes from the hotel in Chapter 2?
11. Who called the police in Chapter 1?
(a) The man at the front desk.
(b) The murderer.
12. How does Lucille procure medication for Marv?
(a) She steals it from a hospital.
(b) Her girlfriend is a psychiatrist.
(c) Her brother is a pharmacist.
(d) She goes through her dealer.
13. What does Lucille warn Marv will be the penalty for his activities that night?
(a) Life in prison.
(d) He will no longer be able to contact her.
14. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
(a) His coat.
(b) His gun.
(c) His police badge.
(d) His sword.
15. What does Marv instantly realize about the cause of Goldie's death?
(a) She died of natural causes.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) He killed her on accident during sex.
(d) She committed suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
2. How does Marv explain his injuries to his mother?
3. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
4. Where does the priest send Marv?
5. Why is drinking illegal in Sin City?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)