|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) Burn down the hotel.
2. How does Marv injure the bouncer to Kadie's?
(a) He snaps his wrist.
(b) He pushes in his eyes.
(c) He breaks his teeth.
(d) He crushes his kneecap.
3. What does Marv swear to do to Goldie's murderer?
(a) Keep him alive as long as possible.
(b) Turn him in to the police.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Turn him over to the prostitutes.
4. What kind of car does the priest drive?
5. Where did Goldie pick up Marv before bringing him to the hotel?
(a) A saloon.
(b) The church.
(d) A strip club.
6. Why can Marv not go outside during the day?
(a) His skin is sensitive to the sun.
(b) He cannot see very well in the sunlight.
(c) Too many people are looking for him.
(d) He gets too many stares because of his looks.
7. What does Marv instantly realize about the cause of Goldie's death?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) She died of natural causes.
(d) He killed her on accident during sex.
8. What is Lucille's relationship to Marv?
(a) She is his parole officer.
(b) She is his partner.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his psychologist.
9. Who is waiting for Marv to surface from the water, not knowing that he has exited the water another way?
(b) Police officers.
(c) His gang.
(d) The murderer.
10. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
(c) Cardinal Roark.
(d) The police officers.
11. Who does Marv send out to spread word of his current whereabouts?
12. What is a significant descriptor of Kadie?
13. Where does Marv throw the cops after pulling them from their cruiser in Chapter 2?
(a) The sewer.
(b) The river.
(c) Old Town.
(d) The garbage.
14. What makes Marv cry in his mother's home?
(a) The absence of his father.
(b) The disarray.
(c) The smells from childhood.
(d) His mother's cane.
15. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
(a) The police nearly arrested Claire.
(b) She got too scared.
(c) Lucille grew jealous.
(d) Marv grew angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is drinking illegal in Sin City?
2. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
3. Why is Marv unable to sleep?
4. Who runs Marv down outside of the church?
5. How does Marv manage to return to the streets after escaping the police in Chapter 3?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)