|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what setting does "The Hard Goodbye" begin?
(a) Strip club.
(b) Marv's apartment.
2. What does Marv instantly realize about the cause of Goldie's death?
(a) He killed her on accident during sex.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She died of natural causes.
3. From what infirm does Marv's mother suffer?
(b) Unable to walk.
4. What breaks Marv's fall from the hotel?
(a) Human bodies.
(c) Police cruiser.
(d) Garbage bags.
5. According to Marv, what is hell?
(a) Having no purpose in life.
(b) Having Goldie taken away from him.
(c) Eternal pain.
(d) Constantly being misunderstood.
6. Why does Marv not believe the priest when told that Roark is involved in Goldie's murder?
(a) Roark is a priest.
(b) Roark is incredibly powerful.
(c) Roark is a friend.
(d) Roark died months earlier.
7. How does Marv convince the priest to give him the name of the person who ordered Goldie's death?
(a) He holds the priest underwater.
(b) He threatens to burn down the confessional.
(c) He threatens to go to the newspaper with the story.
(d) He lets the priest hear him cocking his pistol.
8. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
(a) Flea infested.
(b) Water bed.
9. When Marv tells Lucille that he fought some cops, what does she ask in return?
(a) Whether they knew he was at her apartment.
(b) Whether he killed anyone.
(c) Whether they deserved it.
(d) Whether Marv should have really fought them.
10. What kind of car does the priest drive?
11. What is a side effect of the legal status of drinking?
(a) Alcohol is practicailly free.
(b) Nobody drinks.
(c) Alcohol is incredibly expensive.
(d) Only politicians can drink.
12. Who is approaching the room as Marv says goodbye to Goldie?
(a) The police.
(b) His psychiatrist.
(c) The hotel manager.
(d) Her sister.
13. For what reason did Marv hold himself responsible for failing to prevent Goldie's death?
(a) He was exhausted.
(b) He was scared.
(c) He was strung-out.
(d) He was drunk.
14. What does the priest call Goldie, prompting Marv to kill him?
(a) A loser.
(b) A waste of life.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A slut.
15. How does Marv explain his injuries to his mother?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) He was mugged on the way home.
(c) He cut himself shaving.
(d) He got into a fight over someone insulting his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
2. How does Marv injure the bouncer to Kadie's?
3. What is Sin City's actual name?
4. Who runs Marv down outside of the church?
5. Upon what events from his past does Marv reflect as being partially healed by his night with Goldie?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)