|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucille take with her to investigate the noises outside her window?
(a) A club.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
2. Who called the police in Chapter 1?
(a) The murderer.
(d) The man at the front desk.
3. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
(c) Burn down the hotel.
4. What container does Marv carry on him in Chapter 2?
(a) Prescription pill bottle.
(c) Water bottle.
(d) Cigarette case.
5. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
6. After gaining the upper hand against the hit men, what does Marv take from one of them?
(a) His police badge.
(b) His sword.
(c) His gun.
(d) His coat.
7. What is Sin City's actual name?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Basin City.
(d) Valley City.
8. What makes Marv cry in his mother's home?
(a) The smells from childhood.
(b) The disarray.
(c) His mother's cane.
(d) The absence of his father.
9. Who is approaching the room as Marv says goodbye to Goldie?
(a) The police.
(b) Her sister.
(c) His psychiatrist.
(d) The hotel manager.
10. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
(d) Tablet of acid.
11. After whom did Marv name his gun?
(a) His mother.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A nun at his school.
(d) His first girlfriend.
12. How does Marv know the police are on their way to his hotel room?
(a) He calls for help outside his window.
(b) The murderer left a note.
(c) The front desk calls him.
(d) He hears the sirens.
13. What sort of bed are Marv and Goldie together on?
(b) Flea infested.
(c) Water bed.
14. To whom do the police answer?
(a) The police captain.
(b) Whoever pays them.
(c) The law.
(d) The underworld.
15. Who is watching Marv as he leaves the bar at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A woman who looks like Goldie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marv's friend from school?
2. When Marv is cornered by the police car after escaping from the hotel, what does he break on it?
3. How did Marv torture the man who hired Tommy?
4. What is significant about what is strewn about the street when Marv finally leaves his room in Chapter 5?
5. How long does Marv sleep after making love to Goldie?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)