|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pages 177-200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marv believe about the woman who hit him with her car?
(a) It is Goldie.
(b) It is someone playing a cruel prank on him.
(c) He is hallucinating.
(d) It is Goldie's sister.
2. Why is Marv unable to sleep?
(a) He is too excited.
(b) The room smells rank.
(c) The place is too noisy and hot.
(d) He is nervous.
3. What is one of the more striking features of the farm?
(a) The windmill.
(b) The taxidermic animals on the lawn.
(c) The silo.
(d) The deconstructed barn.
4. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
(d) Burn down the hotel.
5. What does Lucille reveal about Goldie to Marv?
(a) Goldie framed him.
(b) Goldie was a prostitute.
(c) Goldie is buried on the farm.
(d) Goldie is still alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what does Marv swim after driving the car off the pier?
2. What does Lucille warn Marv will be the penalty for his activities that night?
3. What ultimately happens to the police car Marv steals after his hotel escape?
4. What kind of music does Kadie play in her nightclub?
5. Which of the following does Marv not take to his confrontation with Kevin?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)