|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Marv awaiting with his gun pulled as the police search the farmhouse?
(a) He is waiting for Kevin to attack them.
(b) He is waiting for the hit men to return.
(c) He is waiting for the wolves to attack the police.
(d) He is waiting for them to start firing at him.
2. How does Marv manage to return to the streets after escaping the police in Chapter 3?
(a) He climbs up a manhole.
(b) He leaves a false trail for the police to follow.
(c) He disguises himself as a police officer.
(d) He takes the long way around to Lucille's apartment.
3. What is Marv preparing to do for the arrival of the police at the very end of Chapter 1?
(c) Burn down the hotel.
4. What happened when Claire tried to analyze Marv in therapy?
(a) Marv grew angry.
(b) Lucille grew jealous.
(c) She got too scared.
(d) The police nearly arrested Claire.
5. In chapter eight, what realization does Marv have about Goldie's motivations for seducing him?
(a) She wanted his protection.
(b) She had fallen in love with his protective instincts.
(c) She was trying to frighten away a mean customer.
(d) She was genuinely attracted to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv do that gains the trust of the prostitutes at the end of chapter eight?
2. What is Wendy's relationship to Goldie?
3. What does Marv realize will ultimately happen to him, given Roark's assured involvement in Goldie's death?
4. How does Marv injure the bouncer to Kadie's?
5. What is significant about what is strewn about the street when Marv finally leaves his room in Chapter 5?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)