|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marv injure the bouncer to Kadie's?
(a) He crushes his kneecap.
(b) He breaks his teeth.
(c) He pushes in his eyes.
(d) He snaps his wrist.
2. Who is the stripper onstage at Kadie's when Marv arrives?
3. With what aspect of Goldie is Marv most taken?
(a) Her scent.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her voice.
4. Why does Marv profess to like hit men?
(a) He can hurt them without remorse.
(b) He knows they will be honest with him.
(c) He used to be a hit man.
(d) They are honest about their jobs.
5. What does the arrival of the police officers in Chapter 1 indicate to Marv?
(a) The murderer has been caught already.
(b) He is being framed.
(c) He could turn the case over to them.
(d) Goldie screamed for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
2. In what setting does "The Hard Goodbye" begin?
3. What does Marv swear to do to Goldie's murderer?
4. What is a significant descriptor of Kadie?
5. According to Marv, his torture of Goldie's murderer will be so horrible, ____ will be a relief.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)