|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lucille initially call out to when she hears Marv outside her window?
2. What does Marv hesitate to question about Goldie in the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye"?
(a) If she is on drugs.
(b) Why he saw her double on the street earlier.
(c) Why she is with him.
(d) What she does for a living.
3. What confuses Marv about Lucille?
(a) Her compassion for him.
(b) Her lesbianism.
(c) Her lawful ways.
(d) Her anger at him.
4. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
(a) He finds a ladder.
(b) He has a grappling hook.
(c) He hangs by the bricks.
(d) He has nails embedded into his boots.
5. What does Marv believe will happen if the police should find him?
(a) He will be killed.
(b) He will negotiate his release.
(c) He will escape.
(d) He will be arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv ask for when Lucille finds him?
2. How does Lucille procure medication for Marv?
3. When making his escape from the hotel, where is Marv shot?
4. With what aspect of Goldie is Marv most taken?
5. According to Marv, his torture of Goldie's murderer will be so horrible, ____ will be a relief.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)