|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason did Marv hold himself responsible for failing to prevent Goldie's death?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He was scared.
(c) He was exhausted.
(d) He was strung-out.
2. What does Marv promise Goldie's dead body?
(a) He will find her sister.
(b) He will find out her real name.
(c) He will avenge her.
(d) He will bury her.
3. When Marv is cornered by the police car after escaping from the hotel, what does he break on it?
(a) The headlights.
(b) The windshield.
(c) The flashing lights.
(d) The side mirrors.
4. Who is waiting for Marv to surface from the water, not knowing that he has exited the water another way?
(a) The murderer.
(b) His gang.
(d) Police officers.
5. Describe the weather at the beginning of "The Hard Goodbye."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marv ingest before the police knock on the hotel room door?
2. How does Lucille procure medication for Marv?
3. How does Marv climb up to Lucille's apartment?
4. What is Lucille's relationship to Marv?
5. About whom does Marv think when he finally exits the stolen police car?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)