• Marv and Goldie make love in a dive hotel.
• The reader is privy to Marv's thoughts and realize that he considers Goldie to be an angel in the midst of his hard life, though he is unsure of why she chose him.
• Marv awakens a few hours after making love to Goldie and sees that she is dead.
• He realizes someone was able to sneak into the room and kill her as she lay next to him.
• His desire to unravel the mystery and find her killer begins.
• Marv hears police sirens and realizes he was set up.
• Marv prepares to fight.
• Marv vows to Goldie that he will find and punish her killer.
• The reader learns that the police officers are corrupt and are essentially hired mercenaries for the powerful.
• Marv takes a prescription pill.
• Marv breaks through the hotel room, pushing his way through...
This section contains 1,481 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)