|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francie's mother warn Francie about regarding white people?
(a) Don't speak to them.
(b) Don't listen to their conversations.
(c) Don't trust them.
(d) Don't walk in front of them.
2. What does Francie want to buy at Green's?
(a) A hot fudge sundae.
(b) Some bubblegum.
(c) A Scooter Pie.
(d) A cinnamon roll.
3. Which of Francie's classmates will not graduate from grammar school?
4. Who is Mr. Green's son?
5. What is Francie's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny want to put around the new baby's neck?
2. How does Francie spend her day at Aunt Lydia's house?
3. What is the name of the young woman who approaches Francie?
4. In what state does Francie live?
5. Who owns the business where Francie works?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Jesse left school and who does Francie think can help her reach him so she can continue the reading lessons?
2. How does the author show Francie's values?
3. How does Francie escape punishment from her mother for being in town when she isn't supposed to be?
4. Where does Francie see a "Wanted' poster of Jesse? What does Vell Green tell Francie about Jesse?
5. What does Clarissa not do at Diller's Drugs that reinforces Francie's thoughts that white people can't be trusted?
6. How has Alberta disguised herself from her traveling companions?
7. How does Clarissa Montgomery show kindness toward Francie when Francie is baking at her home?
8. What is Francie's reasoning for embarrassing Holly in front of her guests?
9. How does Francie get back at Holly when she is serving at Holly's home after Holly threatens her about spreading lies about her?
10. Who is Treasure and how does she frustrate Francie?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)