|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose home are Francie and her mother expected to serve tea?
(a) The Graces.
(b) The Jensens.
(c) The Worthingtons.
(d) The Smiths.
2. What is the name of the young woman who approaches Francie?
3. What does Mr. Diller accuse Francie of stealing?
(a) A Green Lantern Comic Book.
(b) A Nancy Drew Book.
(c) A paper doll cut-out book.
(d) A Scooter Pie.
4. What does Francie think she will do when she moves to Chicago?
(a) Sing in the church choir.
(b) Take piano lessons.
(c) Learn to paint.
(d) Ride the "L."
5. Who owns the business where Francie works?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) Mrs. Carter.
(c) Mr. Gerace.
(d) Miss Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francie do at her job?
2. What does the teacher ask Francie to do for Jesse?
3. What does Francie's mother tell her about Jesse?
4. Where does Francie go to buy the pipe for her father?
5. How does Francie spend her day at Aunt Lydia's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does grammar school commencement mean to Francie?
2. Why is Francie so intent on teaching Jesse to read?
3. What does Clarissa not do at Diller's Drugs that reinforces Francie's thoughts that white people can't be trusted?
4. Who is Jesse Pruitt? What is Francie happy to do for him?
5. What does Clarissa tell Francie that she is working on and what does Clarissa give to Francie?
6. Why do Francie and her mother have to endure humiliation from white people?
7. How does Francie get back at Holly when she is serving at Holly's home after Holly threatens her about spreading lies about her?
8. Describe the scene in Diller's Drugs where Francie and Holly have an encounter.
9. How has Alberta disguised herself from her traveling companions?
10. What is the content of the letter sent by Francie's father?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)