|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Francie see near the river?
(a) Her father.
2. Clarissa tells Francie that she is ____________________.
(a) Writing a book.
(b) Learning to drive.
(c) Going away to school.
(d) Taking art lessons.
3. Holly threatens Francie about ___________.
(a) Sharing Holly's diary.
(b) Stealing another book at Diller's.
(c) Hiding Jesse from the police.
(d) Spreading lies about Holly.
4. Who scolds Francie in the drugstore for not answering Mr. Green quickly enough?
(b) Mr. Green.
(c) Mrs. Early.
(d) Francie's mother.
5. Who in Francie's family is expecting a baby?
(a) Aunt Celia.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Cousin Maddie.
(d) Aunt Lydia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shrimp wheels is Francie instructed to serve each guest?
2. Which cousin does Prez play with most of the time?
3. What does the teacher ask Francie to do for Jesse?
4. Why does Francie's mother decide to not punish her when she sees her in town?
5. What does Mrs. Montgomery's niece notice about Francie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jesse Pruitt? What is Francie happy to do for him?
2. Why is Francie so intent on teaching Jesse to read?
3. What does Granny usually do when she sees Francie? To what does Mama attribute Granny's superstitious ways?
4. What does Clarissa tell Francie that she is working on and what does Clarissa give to Francie?
5. What words of caution does Francie's mother give her about Clarissa?
6. Where do Prez, Perry, and Jesse work? Why can Jesse not take a break to talk to Francie?
7. How has Alberta disguised herself from her traveling companions?
8. What does grammar school commencement mean to Francie?
9. How does Francie embarrass Holly in front of her friends regarding the shrimp wheels?
10. What do Miss Beach and a lot of other people think about Francie's father?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)