|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Francie's father's job?
(b) Maintenance man.
(d) Train porter.
2. What book does Francie take with her to Green's?
(a) Nancy Drew.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Raggedy Ann.
(d) Cherry Ames.
3. What do white children throw at Francie at the drugstore?
4. Where does Francie buy her coffee and Scooter Pie?
5. What is Jesse doing at the Montgomery home?
(a) Painting the shed.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Washing cars.
(d) Fixing a gazebo step.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Clarissa give to Francie to give to Jesse?
2. Who arrives at the house to help with the baby?
3. What do trains represent for Francie?
4. What reason does Francie give for Mrs. Grace's serving on a budget?
5. Whose face does Francie see on a Wanted poster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does grammar school commencement mean to Francie?
2. How does Francie escape punishment from her mother for being in town when she isn't supposed to be?
3. How does the author show Francie's values?
4. Why does Francie end up in town on the way home? What does she see Holly Grace doing there?
5. Why do the Butler girls resent Francie? How do they taunt her?
6. How does Francie's race make her the guilty one in the situation at Diller's Drugs/
7. What is the content of the letter sent by Francie's father?
8. Who is Jesse Pruitt? What is Francie happy to do for him?
9. How has Alberta disguised herself from her traveling companions?
10. Who is Treasure and how does she frustrate Francie?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)