|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'Harlequin Valentine' what does Harlequin pin on Missy's front door?
(a) A red and black striped ribbon.
(b) A card.
(c) A charcoal drawing of Missy.
(d) His heart.
2. What does Eddie do?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He kills Miss Corvier.
(c) He kills the cat.
(d) He takes the cat to Miss Corvier to eat.
3. With what does he baptize the model?
(c) His tears.
(d) His blood.
4. What has next door's cat left on the professor's doormat?
(a) Cat vomit.
(b) Today's newspaper.
(c) A dead sparrow.
(d) The head and paw of a mouse.
5. What does the third girl whom the narrator speaks to say that she is?
(a) A poem.
(b) A university student.
(c) A star.
(d) An alien.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Becky give for breaking up with the narrator?
2. In 'The Lovers' what do the townsfolk find when they open up the woman's coffin?
3. What does the third stage of the disease affect?
4. What does the narrator notice is wrong with Eddie's hand?
5. What does Miss Corvier ask Eddie to bring her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the father in 'Locks' feel that we owe it to ourselves to tell each other stories?
2. Based on this story, how do you think the author feels about the problem of Susan?
3. Describe the narrator's attempts to find Scarlet in 'Pages from a Journal...'
4. Based on the instructions given in the poem 'Instructions,' what kind of morals are needed to survive fairyland?
5. Describe how the disease progresses in Disease Maker's Croup.
6. Are the boys at the party in any danger?
7. In 'The Day the Saucer's Came' why does the person in the poem not notice such incredible events?
8. Why do you think Eddie Barrow lets himself be eaten in 'Feeders and Eaters'? Does he have a choice?
9. Do the machines feel emotion?
10. What is the 'problem of Susan'?
This section contains 2,299 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)