|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has next door's cat left on the professor's doormat?
(a) Cat vomit.
(b) The head and paw of a mouse.
(c) Today's newspaper.
(d) A dead sparrow.
2. Why does the narrator not want to go to the party?
(a) He hates loud music.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He is too shy to talk to girls.
(d) He thinks parties are stupid.
3. In 'My Life' what does the poet claim caused the death of his wife?
(a) A haunted dishwasher caused her to liquefy.
(b) A bear killed her after she went insane and believed she was a bear cub.
(c) Aliens killed her, but this was hushed up by the government.
(d) Lavatorial waste falling from a plane fell on her head.
4. What does Susan dream about?
(a) Her family dying in a train crash.
(b) A battlefield covered with dead bodies.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) The day she was told she can never return to Narnia.
5. How did the professor's parents, brothers, and sister die?
(a) A road accident.
(b) A bomb during World War II.
(d) A train crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harlequin find himself at the end of the story?
2. When the author suddenly finds himself back in the 70s, what happens?
3. What does the man give to the woman, who gives it to the Serpent?
4. In 'Justice,' why have the townsfolk condemned a baby to die?
5. What does Eddie do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrator's attempts to find Scarlet in 'Pages from a Journal...'
2. Based on this story, how do you think the author feels about the problem of Susan?
3. Are the boys at the party in any danger?
4. Do you think Miss Corvier is supernatural or a normal but disturbed human?
5. Describe the character of Harlequin.
6. Why does the father in 'Locks' feel that we owe it to ourselves to tell each other stories?
7. Based on the instructions given in the poem 'Instructions,' what kind of morals are needed to survive fairyland?
8. In 'The Day the Saucer's Came' why does the person in the poem not notice such incredible events?
9. What do you think happened to Becky at the end of the story?
10. What different kinds of vampires are there in 'Fifteen Painted Cards from a Vampire Tarot'?
This section contains 2,200 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)