|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her dream, what does Susan notice about the White Witch?
(a) The hatred and fear in her eyes.
(b) Her shiny black hair and red lips.
(c) Her wicked smile.
(d) Her beautiful dress.
2. In 'The Star,' where does the vampire say that vampires came from originally?
(a) A very distant planet.
(b) The sun.
(c) The star constellation Draco.
(d) The star constellation Ares.
3. In 'The Day the Saucers Came' what happens after the saucers come?
(a) A scientist tries to speak with them.
(b) The four horsemen ride.
(c) The army arrive.
(d) Zombies rise.
4. In 'Justice,' why have the townsfolk condemned a baby to die?
(a) They think it is cursed.
(b) They think it killed the coach maker and his wife.
(c) They think it is the child of a vampire.
(d) They think it is a changeling.
5. In 'My Life' what does the poet claim caused the death of his wife?
(a) A haunted dishwasher caused her to liquefy.
(b) A bear killed her after she went insane and believed she was a bear cub.
(c) Lavatorial waste falling from a plane fell on her head.
(d) Aliens killed her, but this was hushed up by the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the father say his sympathy is with now?
2. What does the narrator notice is wrong with Eddie's hand?
3. Where is the author the second time reality seems to fade?
4. What is the only sound left in the garden at the end of the story?
5. What does Greta say makes her angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the 'problem of Susan'?
2. Based on the ideas explored in 'Fifteen Painted Cards from a Vampire Tarot' why do you think vampire stories are so popular?
3. Describe the narrator's attempts to find Scarlet in 'Pages from a Journal...'
4. Why are the machines interested in the narrator?
5. Are the boys at the party in any danger?
6. In 'The Day the Saucer's Came' why does the person in the poem not notice such incredible events?
7. Why do you think Eddie Barrow lets himself be eaten in 'Feeders and Eaters'? Does he have a choice?
8. In what ways is 'In The End' a reversal of the creation story in Genesis?
9. Why does Triolet say that she is a poem?
10. Is the professor the same person as Susan from the Narnia books?
This section contains 2,354 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)