|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Becky and how old is the narrator when he begins seeing her behind his wife's back?
(a) She is twenty-four, and he is thirty.
(b) She is eighteen, and he is thirty.
(c) She is twenty, and he is twenty-seven.
(d) She is thirty, and he is nineteen.
2. What does Susan dream about?
(a) A battlefield covered with dead bodies.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) The day she was told she can never return to Narnia.
(d) Her family dying in a train crash.
3. In 'The Star,' where does the vampire say that vampires came from originally?
(a) A very distant planet.
(b) The star constellation Ares.
(c) The star constellation Draco.
(d) The sun.
4. What does Missy do next?
(a) She shares her food with Harlequin.
(b) She eats Harlequin's heart.
(c) She throws soda on Harlequin so that she can see where he is.
(d) She burns Harlequin's gift.
5. In 'Temperance' what does the vampire say Chinese vampires drink instead of blood?
(a) Spinal fluid.
(c) Synthetic blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Becky make out of plasticine?
2. The first time the world seems to dissolve away for the author, whom does he meet?
3. What does the man give to the woman, who gives it to the Serpent?
4. Where does Harlequin find himself at the end of the story?
5. Why is the narrator pulled out of the Matrix?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Eddie Barrow lets himself be eaten in 'Feeders and Eaters'? Does he have a choice?
2. Why does Becky break up with the narrator?
3. Are the boys at the party in any danger?
4. In 'My Life' is the poet telling the truth about anything he says?
5. Describe the narrator's attempts to find Scarlet in 'Pages from a Journal...'
6. Do the machines feel emotion?
7. Based on this story, how do you think the author feels about the problem of Susan?
8. What different kinds of vampires are there in 'Fifteen Painted Cards from a Vampire Tarot'?
9. In 'The Day the Saucer's Came' why does the person in the poem not notice such incredible events?
10. Describe the character of Harlequin.
This section contains 2,336 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)