|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'The Chariot,' what do the people of Earth do to ensure that they are protected from the race of super humans they have genetically created?
(a) They make sure the superhumans are very short lived.
(b) They forbid the superhumans from ever returning.
(c) They create them with a weakness to iron and garlic.
(d) They remove their location from the ship's computer.
2. Where is the author the second time reality seems to fade?
(a) In his car.
(b) At work.
(c) In bed.
(d) On the tube.
3. How does the narrator know Vic?
(a) They are next-door neighbors.
(b) Their families went on holiday together.
(c) They met at a party.
(d) They go to an all-boy's school together.
4. When Scarlet calls the narrator, what does she tell him/her?
(a) Where to find her.
(b) The narrator is loved.
(c) She is lost.
(d) To stop searching for her.
5. In 'Fifteen Painted Cards...' what does the man in 'The Fool' want?
(a) To talk to a vampire.
(b) To kiss a vampire.
(c) To kill a vampire.
(d) To be a vampire.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the man, who is attacking?
2. What mild deformity does the girl have?
3. What does the narrator mix into the plasticine as he creates his model?
4. Why does the narrator not want to go to the party?
5. What does Miss Corvier give Eddie Barrow as a present?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is 'In The End' a reversal of the creation story in Genesis?
2. What kind of beings are Wain's Wain and the second girl whom Enn talks to?
3. Describe the character of Harlequin.
4. What is the 'problem of Susan'?
5. Based on the instructions given in the poem 'Instructions,' what kind of morals are needed to survive fairyland?
6. How does Missy get the better of Harlequin?
7. In 'The Day the Saucer's Came' why does the person in the poem not notice such incredible events?
8. In the story 'Goliath,' what is real and what is not?
9. Do the machines feel emotion?
10. Based on the ideas explored in 'Fifteen Painted Cards from a Vampire Tarot' why do you think vampire stories are so popular?
This section contains 2,370 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)