|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal joins Miss Finch and then circles around the circus audience?
(b) Pygmy elephants.
2. What is scary about the playhouse door?
(a) It has an evil-looking red door knocker in the shape of an imp.
(b) It has blood on it.
(c) It has a pentagram drawn on it.
(d) It is made of old, rusty iron that looks very heavy.
3. When the narrator kills his grandfather, what does he take from the body?
(a) His wedding ring.
(b) His false eye.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His St. Christopher's necklace.
4. In 'The Facts in the Case of the Departure of Miss Finch' what are the professions of Jane, Jonathon, and the narrator?
(a) A housewife, an accountant, and a fantasy author.
(b) An actress, a film producer, and a fantasy author.
(c) A journalist, a television presenter, and a fantasy author.
(d) A circus performer, a ringmaster, and a fantasy author.
5. What is weird about Miss Finch in the ninth room?
(a) She does not remember who they are.
(b) Her hair and eyes have changed color.
(c) She seems to be blind.
(d) She is wearing a jungle costume.
6. After following the path away from the river, what does Runt come to?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A creepy-looking abandoned farmhouse.
(c) A police station.
(d) A friendly looking farmhouse with lights on inside.
7. What happens when the three older boys go inside?
(a) The narrator runs away and never looks back.
(b) The playhouse disappears, taking them with it.
(c) The door shuts behind them and they do not come out.
(d) There is the sound of an evil laugh on the wind.
8. Who is in the car with Mr. Alice when he picks up the narrator at the station?
(a) A detective.
(b) An old Shahinai woman.
(c) A professor of ancient languages.
(d) The narrator's mother.
9. In New Orleans, who does the narrator and another professor meet in a bar?
(a) The man whose identity the narrator has stolen.
(b) Two identical women with different colored ribbons in their hair.
(c) A zombie master, who spikes their drinks with zombie powder.
(d) A strange old woman who offers to tell their fortunes.
10. In 'Strange Little Girls' in the story 'Bonnie's Mother,' what has happened to Bonnie's mother?
(a) She has been killed.
(b) She has left her husband.
(c) She has been arrested.
(d) She has lost her baby in childbirth.
11. What happens to the Shahinai man after eight months?
(a) He is caught stealing and arrested.
(b) He leaves Mr. Alice and they never find him again.
(c) He catches flu and dies.
(d) He begins to lose his good looks.
12. Where does a woman from the bar take the narrator?
(a) To an abandoned house.
(b) Back to the hotel.
(c) To a graveyard.
(d) To a bar for gumbo.
13. In 'Bitter Grounds' what is the narrator doing when he decides to just keep driving and run away from his old life?
(a) Going to the gym.
(b) Going to the store to bring back apples.
(c) Going to his ex-girlfriend's house to beg her to take him back.
(d) Going to work.
14. What does the old man tell Amelia she will find in the house?
(a) Her future husband.
(b) A lost treasure.
(d) Her inheritance.
15. What is this person traveling to present a paper on?
(a) Haitian coffee girls.
(b) Death and the afterlife in different cultures.
(c) Metaphor in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.
(d) Breakthroughs in dental hygiene.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the third ghost story, what are the three older boys looking at when the narrator sees them on his way home from school?
2. When they find a beautiful garden with a stream that looks like a fairy grotto, what does one of the boys do?
3. Who are the other three men at the club on the night they tell each other ghost stories?
4. In 'Other People' what is the worst form of torture that the demon inflicts on the man?
5. In 'Strange Little Girls' what does the policewoman in 'Monday's Child' find at the school?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)