|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Closing Time, and Going Wodwo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ghost boy tell Runt his name is?
(b) He doesn't tell him his name.
2. In 'Forbidden Brides...' what draws Amelia toward the house?
(a) A strange unearthly glow coming from the basement.
(b) A single light flickering in the topmost room.
(c) The sound of haunting music on the air.
(d) A signpost pointing down a track in the woods.
3. When the writer does try writing fantasy, what is Amelia doing now?
(a) Trying to kill the writer.
(b) Flying a spaceship.
(c) Making toast.
(d) Fighting orcs.
4. Who suggests that the young man should try writing fantasy instead?
(a) The butler.
(b) His older brother.
(d) A raven.
5. In 'October in the Chair,' who tells the first story?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the detective know that the narrator was in Afghanistan?
2. In the poem 'Going Wodwo' why does the narrator give up his shirt, book, coat, and life?
3. What does the old man tell Amelia she will find in the house?
4. What does Amelia promise them in return for not killing her?
5. Why can the narrator not return to fairyland?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)