|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Closing Time, and Going Wodwo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator first meet the detective?
(a) They sat next to each other at the theatre.
(b) The detective consulted him on a case.
(c) He met him in the army.
(d) He was looking for somewhere to live.
2. What is the Swallows?
(a) A river.
(b) A playhouse.
(c) A den that the three boys built from tree branches.
(d) A manor house.
3. Why can the narrator not return to fairyland?
(a) He broke a fairy's heart.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He was thrown out and told never to return.
(d) He doesn't believe in fairies anymore.
4. When the writer does try writing fantasy, what is Amelia doing now?
(a) Flying a spaceship.
(b) Making toast.
(c) Trying to kill the writer.
(d) Fighting orcs.
5. When they find a beautiful garden with a stream that looks like a fairy grotto, what does one of the boys do?
(a) He throws rocks in it.
(b) He vandalizes it.
(c) He lies down and falls asleep.
(d) He urinates in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did she come to this house instead?
2. What does the ghost boy tell Runt his name is?
3. After following the path away from the river, what does Runt come to?
4. How does the killer know that the detective is on his track?
5. Why does August stop the story before the storyteller can finish?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)