|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Closing Time, and Going Wodwo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does August stop the story before the storyteller can finish?
(a) It is not a true story.
(b) It is scaring April.
(c) He has heard it before.
(d) It is too boring.
2. After following the path away from the river, what does Runt come to?
(a) A friendly looking farmhouse with lights on inside.
(b) A creepy-looking abandoned farmhouse.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A police station.
3. What do the two of them do?
(a) Tell ghost stories.
(b) Play in the river.
(c) Play hide and seek in the farmhouse.
(d) Explore and climb a tree.
4. Why does the narrator not understand the jokes the other boys tell?
(a) They are speaking another language.
(b) He doesn't know the people they are talking about.
(c) The jokes are about a playhouse he has never been to.
(d) He is too young for them.
5. What does the old man tell Amelia she will find in the house?
(b) A lost treasure.
(c) Her future husband.
(d) Her inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is scary about the playhouse door?
2. To whom are the detective and the narrator taken to see after they have looked at the crime scene?
3. What does the old man tell them his father used the cages for?
4. What does the ghost boy tell Runt his name is?
5. Why can the narrator not return to fairyland?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)