|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forbidden Brides of the Faceless Slaves in the Secret House of the Night of Dread Desire, and The Flints of Memory Lane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his note, why did the killer say that he murdered the German Old One?
(a) The Old Ones are weak and deserve to die.
(b) The Old Ones are planning to destroy mankind.
(c) The Old Ones are evil and enjoy inflicting suffering.
(d) The killer is an Old One who believes the Old Ones should not have relationships with humans.
2. What does the boy in 'The Flints of Memory Lane' see that frightens him so much?
(a) A gypsy woman with an unpleasant smile.
(b) The ghost of his friend, who died a month ago.
(c) A vision of the future in which he is dead.
(d) A strange shadow that looks like a huge black dog.
3. Why does Inspector Lestrade visit them?
(a) He wants the detective to join forces with him against the Old Ones.
(b) He wants the detective to investigate the murder of one of the German royal family.
(c) He wants the detective to find a criminal member of the resistance.
(d) He is an old friend and has come for a chat.
4. What bad habits does the detective warn the narrator that he has?
(a) He snores and uses the mantelpiece for target practice.
(b) He is very messy and is visited at all hours by strange people.
(c) He snores and tests poisons on the dog.
(d) He is very messy and likes to practice firing his gun at night.
5. Why can the narrator not return to fairyland?
(a) He was thrown out and told never to return.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He broke a fairy's heart.
(d) He doesn't believe in fairies anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. After following the path away from the river, what does Runt come to?
2. Why did she come to this house instead?
3. Why does August stop the story before the storyteller can finish?
4. What does June say before October's story begins?
5. In 'Forbidden Brides...' what draws Amelia toward the house?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)