A Study in Emerald, and The Fairy Reel
• The narrator in 'A Study in Emerald' moves in with a detective.
• The detective is asked to investigate the murder of an Old One, a creature from beyond the Earth and a member of the German Royal Family.
• The detective's investigation leads him to a theater, where he suspects the actor named Vernet of helping a limping doctor to commit the murder.
• He sets a trap for Vernet and the doctor, but they do not fall for it. The detective's disguise was not good enough and Vernet called his bluff. The murderers get away, but the detective does not seem sorry.
• In 'The Faery Reel,' the narrator remembers how he entered fairyland when he was younger and lost his heart there.
• He is old now and regrets this, either because he wants to live completely in fairyland or completely...
This section contains 2,578 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)