|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helped people interviewed in Foxfire 9 escape panthers when they were being pursued by these wild animals?
(a) They outran the panthers.
(b) They would make loud noises to scare the panthers away.
(c) Their hunting dogs or the rearing of their horses.
(d) They would enter a stream since panthers don't like water.
2. What kind of mill did Jud and his uncle build?
(a) A gristmill.
(b) A coffee mill.
(c) A sawmill.
(d) A syrup mill.
3. From what material did D. B. Dayton and his family make clotheslines on which to hang their hand washed clothing during D. B.'s childhood?
(a) Telephone wires.
(d) Metal chains.
4. Why was restoration of the Rothell house not completed by the Foxfire organization?
(a) They sold the house to another organization.
(b) They ran out of money.
(c) The house was too damaged by age and termites.
(d) The house caught on fire and was destroyed.
5. At what holiday would D. B. Dayton's father get drunk?
(c) Memorial Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did D. B. Dayton and his family have at the Vogel Lumber Company?
2. From what profession did Henry Harrison Mayes retire?
3. What work did Jud's wife Jenny do before she married?
4. What work did D. B. Dayton do for the WPA during the Depression?
5. What kind of mill did D. B. Dayton's grandfather own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a madstone and how was it used to treat rabies?
2. At what specific place did Charles Phillips feel led to pray and how did he use pebbles to record information about the people for whom he prayed?
3. Why did Henry Harrison Mayes once attend a strip show and what consequences arose because of his going to the show?
4. What home remedies were used in Jud Nelson's youth to ward off the flu?
5. What kind of work did D. B. Dayton do on the family farm as a child?
6. What did D. B. Dayton's family do during his childhood to earn extra money?
7. What unique ministry did Henry Harrison Mayes develop for bringing the word of God to others?
8. What kinds of foods did D. B. Dayton and his family eat during D. B.'s childhood?
9. In what ways was the Rothell home a gathering place for people in the community?
10. What incident in Henry Harrison Mayes's youth led to his desire to bring the word of God to others?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)