|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nola Campbell - Catawba Indian Potter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aunt Arie call a "summer quilt"?
(a) A quilt with flowers or the sun embroidered on it.
(b) A quilt made of linen.
(c) A quilt made in the summer.
(d) A quilt with no filling or batting.
2. What did Captain Irish Bill Moore and his wife Hattie often have to battle?
(a) Competition from other stores.
(b) Ants that infested the general store.
(c) Roughriders or bandits.
(d) Mice that infested the general store.
3. Where did Flora Youngblood's father Henry learn herbal doctoring and faith healing?
(a) At Atlanta University Medical School.
(b) At Berea College.
(c) On an Indian reservation.
(d) At his church.
4. When was the general store operated by Patton D. Queen opened?
(a) In the early 1900s.
(b) In the 1950s.
(c) In the 1800s.
(d) In the 1700s.
5. When was the general store operated by Ed and Martha Roane opened?
(a) In 1959.
(b) In 1713.
(c) In 1927.
(d) In 1850.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the customary occasion on which to give a "Dutch doll" quilt in the mountains?
2. When Nola Campbell's sister cut off Nola's toe during their childhood, what did their mother use on the wound?
3. What Christmas gifts did Nola Campbell receive as a child?
4. Which of the following are not ingredients Henry Youngblood used in his herbal remedies?
5. What was the ethnic background of Nola Campbell's father?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)