|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nola Campbell - Catawba Indian Potter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In making a traditional fan quilt, what was considered a sign of a sloppy quilter?
(a) Using thread and fabric that didn't match each other in color.
(b) Making big, far-apart lines of stitching.
(c) Uneven fans.
(d) Uneven quilt squares.
2. How old was Nola Campbell when her father died?
3. What was the last Foxfire book to be published under the contract with the New York Publisher?
(a) Foxfire 20.
(b) Foxfire 15.
(c) Foxfire 9.
(d) Foxfire 10.
4. When was the fishtail pattern quilt donated to Foxfire by Aunt Arie Carpenter made?
(a) During the Depression.
(b) In the 1860s.
(c) During World War I.
(d) In 1950.
5. Approximately how many quilt patterns has the Foxfire organization collected over the years?
(a) A million.
(b) A dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which traditional quilt pattern was composed entirely of hexagons?
2. What was another name for the churn dash quilt pattern?
3. Which of the following is not a form of payment that Henry Youngblood accepted for his herbal doctoring?
4. What did Aunt Arie call a "summer quilt"?
5. What office did Nola Campbell's father have in the church?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)