|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nola Campbell - Catawba Indian Potter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the Introduction to Foxfire 9?
(a) Joyce Carol Oates.
(b) John Gresham.
(c) Elliot Wigginton.
(d) Earl Hamner.
2. Which of the following are not ingredients Henry Youngblood used in his herbal remedies?
(a) Hog lard.
3. What New York publisher published the Foxfire series, of which Foxfire 9 is a part?
(a) Random House.
(c) Springer Verlach.
(d) Berkley Jove.
4. What award was won by the first book Foxfire Press published?
(a) A Nebula.
(b) A Caldecott Medal.
(c) A Christopher award.
(d) A Pulitzer Prize.
5. For what potentially fatal disease did Dr. Brabson develop a cure?
(d) Milk sickness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Flora learn to boil honeysuckle vines with to remove the bark?
2. In making a traditional fan quilt, what was considered a sign of a sloppy quilter?
3. What did Edith Cannon's mother use as a backing for her quilts?
4. What other business did John Moore run in addition to his general store?
5. What was the last Foxfire book to be published under the contract with the New York Publisher?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)