|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injustices did Harvey Penland see whites commit against blacks?
2. What is the ethnic heritage of Viola Lenoir's grandmothers?
3. Whose death made Anna Tutt's childhood even more difficult?
4. At what school does Eliot Wigginton teach?
5. What product does Foxfire make and market to its magazine subscribers through their blacksmith program for local high school students?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the history of Foxfire.
2. What is Foxfire's mission?
3. What did Bruce Mosley's grandmother tell him about slavery and the Yankees?
4. What role do Rabun Gap High School students play in "Foxfire" projects?
5. Explain what a pug mill or mud mill is.
6. What famous couple does Arie Meaders think once purchased her pottery?
7. What kind of education did Viola Lenoir's grandparents have?
8. Explain why Cheever Meaders did not use a glaze on his flowerpots but did use one on his other ware.
9. How has the Foxfire organization worked with the community in planning their Mountain City project?
10. Explain how Arie Meaders' mother cooked.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast raising and breeding mules to chickens. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of oral traditions and the passing down of cultural, agricultural, and artistic knowledge from one generation to the next as illustrated in "Foxfire 8." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the ways of conditioning a rooster for cock-fighting. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)