|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1930's in Mountain City, how many hotels were in the town?
2. When was Arie Meaders born?
3. What kind of factory is located in Mountain City in the present day?
4. Why do most people pursue folk pottery?
5. What item does Eliot Wigginton not want to see on the menu of a diner in his community?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Mountain City community not want to draw more tourists into their town?
2. How does Bruce Mosley feel about racial discrimination today?
3. What role has religion played in Carrie Stewart's life?
4. Describe the funding issues the Mountain City project faces.
5. What changes has Anna Tutt noticed in children and families during her life?
6. What features do Eliot Wigginton's favorite small towns have in common?
7. What kind of education did Viola Lenoir's grandparents have?
8. What did Bruce Mosley's grandmother tell him about slavery and the Yankees?
9. Explain why Cheever Meaders did not use a glaze on his flowerpots but did use one on his other ware.
10. How does Eliot Wigginton think the widening of the highway will affect the town of Mountain City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the different strategies of breeding and raising chickens given in "Foxfire 8." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
The people of Mountain City do not want to draw tourists to their community. Discuss the pros and cons of drawing tourists to the region and the reasons the people in the town do not want to increase their tourist trade. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast raising and breeding mules to chickens. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)