|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What powered the tool that Cheever Meaders used to break apart his lumps of clay and mix them into a smooth, even consistency?
2. When Arie Meaders' retired from pottery, what activity did she start doing?
3. For what did Carrie Stewart earn an award?
4. What tool did Cheever Meaders use to break apart his lumps of clay and mix them into a smooth, even consistency?
5. At what age was Bruce Mosley's grandmother Polly freed from slavery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Anna Tutt seen white people treat black people during her life?
2. Discuss some of the glazes that Cheever Meaders used.
3. How does Bruce Mosley feel about racial discrimination today?
4. How did a white schoolteacher help Viola Lenoir's family when Viola was young?
5. What role do Rabun Gap High School students play in "Foxfire" projects?
6. Explain how Arie Meaders' mother cooked.
7. What features do Eliot Wigginton's favorite small towns have in common?
8. What kind of education did Viola Lenoir's grandparents have?
9. Explain what a pug mill or mud mill is.
10. Explain the history of Foxfire.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of family in "Foxfire 8." How important is family in a rural community? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history of the sport of cockfighting and why you think it will or will not continue to be a sport in Southern Appalachia. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the ways of conditioning a rooster for cock-fighting. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)