|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Viola Lenoir's mother?
2. What kind of factory is located in Mountain City in the present day?
3. Which season of the year is not good for making pottery?
4. What is the objective of using a kiln?
5. Which of the following statements is true?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some fairs and festivals at which Burlon Craig demonstrated his pottery making?
2. What training did Carrie Stewart engage in at the age of seventy-four?
3. What did Bruce Mosley's grandmother tell him about slavery and the Yankees?
4. What features do Eliot Wigginton's favorite small towns have in common?
5. According to Po' Boy Jenkins, why did farmers depend on mules in the 1930's?
6. Why do the Wilsons begin importing and reselling merchandise and what kinds of items do they import and resell?
7. Explain how Arie Meaders' mother cooked.
8. What is Foxfire's mission?
9. Why does Rex Duvall recommend starting with a proven breed of chickens when cross breeding?
10. What evidence does Paul Stamey give of the popularity of chicken fighting?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the "Foxfire" has changed and grown over the years since its inception as a high school magazine in 1966. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the legality of cockfighting and the arguments given in "Foxfire 8" in support of this sport that involves the death of the losing chickens. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast raising and breeding mules to chickens. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,594 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)