|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Arie Meaders born?
2. What was Viola Lenoir's educational level?
3. What was the educational level of Viola Lenoir's mother?
4. What is Anna Tutt's marital state?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe who Allen Levy is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the funding issues the Mountain City project faces.
2. Explain the surprise Harley Penland received during World War I.
3. Explain how Arie Meaders' mother cooked.
4. What famous couple does Arie Meaders think once purchased her pottery?
5. What training did Carrie Stewart engage in at the age of seventy-four?
6. What features do Eliot Wigginton's favorite small towns have in common?
7. How does Bruce Mosley feel about racial discrimination today?
8. Discuss some of the glazes that Cheever Meaders used.
9. What role do Rabun Gap High School students play in "Foxfire" projects?
10. Why does the Mountain City community not want to draw more tourists into their town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how pottery making in the Appalachian mountains and the demand for pottery products has changed from the nineteenth century to the present day. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of racial segregation and racial prejudice in "Foxfire 8." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the different strategies of breeding and raising chickens given in "Foxfire 8." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)