|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the educational level of Norman Smith's wife, Irene?
(a) College graduate.
(b) 6th grade.
(c) High school graduate.
(d) 5th grade.
2. What is the fighting season in the sport of cockfighting?
(a) From March to May.
(b) From January to December.
(c) From November to June.
(d) From November to March.
3. In what kind of containers does chicken breeder Clyde Gibson ship his chickens?
(a) Plastic containers.
(b) Plywood boxes.
(c) Metalic containers.
(d) Cardboard boxes.
4. What does the clear gaze that Burlon Craig uses on his swirl pottery contain?
(c) Ash, glass, and kaolin.
5. Which statement describes the legality of cockfighting?
(a) The sport is a felony in all states.
(b) The sport is legal in most states.
(c) The sport is illegal in most states.
(d) The sport is illegal only if betting accompanies it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of glaze does Norman Smith use on the majority of his pottery?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe a mill Burlon Craig used for mixing his clay?
3. Why does Louis Brown think that pottery is a dying business?
4. Why did Foxfire want to interview Burlon Craig?
5. What age chickens are used in cockfighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the Hewells turn out quality pottery in less time for less cost.
2. What are gaffs and how do they apply to cockfighting?
3. Why do owners of game chickens remove their roosters' combs prior to the first birthday?
4. Explain the history of the sport of cockfighting.
5. Explain the difference between a derby and a tournament in the sport of cockfighting.
6. How did cold weather affect pottery making in the early 1900's?
7. How do chicken breeds differ from one another?
8. How does Louis Brown say that trains can affect pottery?
9. What are some fairs and festivals at which Burlon Craig demonstrated his pottery making?
10. Since they don't advertise their business, how do the Browns get customers for their pottery?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)