|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did Carrie Stewart earn an award?
(a) Her quilts.
(b) Her apricot jam.
(c) Her service as a midwife.
(d) Her blueberry pie.
2. What major New York publisher gave the Foxfire organization a publishing contract for two books?
(a) E. P. Dutton Company.
(b) Harcourt, Brace, Jovanovich.
(d) Harper and Row.
3. What product does Foxfire make and market to its magazine subscribers through their blacksmith program for local high school students?
(a) Candle holders.
(c) Fireplace tools.
(d) Decorative wall art.
4. To whom does Bruce Mosley give credit for improving racial tension in America?
(a) The younger generation and Martin Luther King.
(b) President Obama.
(c) Reverend Al Sharpton.
(d) Reverend Jesse Jackson.
5. What is the ethnic heritage of Viola Lenoir's grandmothers?
(a) One was African and one was White.
(b) One was African and one was Indian.
(c) Both were African.
(d) One was African and one was Chinese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which season of the year is not good for making pottery?
2. What is the objective of using a kiln?
3. What was the first "Foxfire" publishing project?
4. In what year was Bruce Mosley born?
5. What kind of factory is located in Mountain City in the present day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the Foxfire organization worked with the community in planning their Mountain City project?
2. What changes has Anna Tutt noticed in children and families during her life?
3. What did Bruce Mosley's grandmother tell him about slavery and the Yankees?
4. What role do Rabun Gap High School students play in "Foxfire" projects?
5. What famous couple does Arie Meaders think once purchased her pottery?
6. Explain the history of Foxfire.
7. How does Mountain City today differ from how it appeared in the early 1900's?
8. Describe Arie Meaders' schooling in 1912.
9. What kind of education did Viola Lenoir's grandparents have?
10. Explain how Arie Meaders' mother cooked.
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)