|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building in Mountain City 1930's has burned?
(a) One of the hotels.
(b) The gristmill.
(c) One of the churches.
(d) The railroad depot.
2. Who was the person hired to coordinate the development of manuscripts for Foxfire Press for one year?
(a) Eliot Wigginton.
(b) Aunt Arie Carpenter.
(c) Linda Page.
(d) Dana Holcomb.
3. What was Viola Lenoir's educational level?
(a) High school graduate.
(b) 7th grade.
(c) 4th grade.
(d) She had no formal education.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe who Allen Levy is?
(a) A grad student at the University of Carolina in architecture.
(b) A volunteer worker for the Mountain City project.
(c) The local mayor's son.
(d) Someone offering free labor in exchange for experience.
5. What shape kiln is common in the South?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Harvey Penland see whites and blacks treated in the same manner?
2. To where would Carrie Stewart walk barefoot in the mud as a child?
3. From where did Arie Meaders' paternal ancestors originate?
4. What did Carrie Stewart eat for breakfast as a child?
5. In the 1930's in Mountain City, how many hotels were in the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the surprise Harley Penland received during World War I.
2. Discuss some of the glazes that Cheever Meaders used.
3. Why does the Mountain City community not want to draw more tourists into their town?
4. What training did Carrie Stewart engage in at the age of seventy-four?
5. What role do Rabun Gap High School students play in "Foxfire" projects?
6. Explain why Cheever Meaders did not use a glaze on his flowerpots but did use one on his other ware.
7. How did a white schoolteacher help Viola Lenoir's family when Viola was young?
8. How has the Foxfire organization worked with the community in planning their Mountain City project?
9. What kinds of things do Mountain City residents say they want in their community?
10. Explain the history of Foxfire.
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)