|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ethnic heritage of Viola Lenoir's grandmothers?
(a) One was African and one was Indian.
(b) One was African and one was White.
(c) Both were African.
(d) One was African and one was Chinese.
2. In the 1930's in Mountain City, what fruit was grown locally, sorted and boxed at a packing house near the depot?
3. What kind of factory is located in Mountain City in the present day?
(a) A pants factory.
(b) A plastics factory.
(c) A toy factory.
(d) An automobile factory.
4. From what material was the Mountain City town water fountain made?
5. Why didn't Harvey Penland's father value education and encourage Harvey to pursue his education?
(a) He had been a slave and didn't value education for blacks.
(b) He didn't read and didn't see why Harvey needed to read.
(c) He needed Harvey to help with farm chores.
(d) He thought Harvey could make money working without one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What building in Mountain City 1930's has burned?
2. How was Bruce Mosley's grandfather Pank treated by his masters during his days in slavery?
3. With what did Arie Meaders' family scrub their floors when she was a child?
4. When did the Meaders family start their pottery operations in White County?
5. What was the title of the book published by Foxfire Press during the period covered by the grant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mountain City today differ from how it appeared in the early 1900's?
2. How has Anna Tutt seen white people treat black people during her life?
3. What did Bruce Mosley's grandmother tell him about slavery and the Yankees?
4. How does Bruce Mosley feel about racial discrimination today?
5. Explain how Arie Meaders' mother cooked.
6. What features do Eliot Wigginton's favorite small towns have in common?
7. Explain why Cheever Meaders did not use a glaze on his flowerpots but did use one on his other ware.
8. Discuss some of the glazes that Cheever Meaders used.
9. What changes has Anna Tutt noticed in children and families during her life?
10. What role do Rabun Gap High School students play in "Foxfire" projects?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)