|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Tutt family grow on their farm?
(a) Apples, peaches, and other fruits.
(b) Corn, cotton, peanuts, wheat, oats and cane.
(c) Tomatoes and squash.
2. Who is the founder of the Foxfire organization?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Anna Tut.
(c) Eliot Wigginton.
(d) Cheever Meaders.
3. What is a groundhog kiln?
(a) A rectangular kiln surrounded by earth.
(b) A kiln in which pottery is left for six weeks.
(c) A kiln that is painted brown like a groundhog.
(d) A kiln in the shape of a groundhog.
4. In 1977, what property did the Foxfire organization purchase?
(a) The old firehouse.
(b) The old log mayor's house.
(c) The lot on which the burned building stood.
(d) The old hospital building.
5. To whom does Bruce Mosley give credit for improving racial tension in America?
(a) Reverend Al Sharpton.
(b) President Obama.
(c) The younger generation and Martin Luther King.
(d) Reverend Jesse Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Arie Meaders' educational level?
2. To where would Carrie Stewart walk barefoot in the mud as a child?
3. Which of the following statements is true?
4. What benefit did Cheever Meaders derive from making his favorite types of pottery?
5. What organization does the Foxfire organization plan to house in the log cabin they're restoring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the funding issues the Mountain City project faces.
2. What did Bruce Mosley's grandmother tell him about slavery and the Yankees?
3. Describe Arie Meaders' schooling in 1912.
4. Explain what a pug mill or mud mill is.
5. Discuss some of the glazes that Cheever Meaders used.
6. Explain why Cheever Meaders did not use a glaze on his flowerpots but did use one on his other ware.
7. How does Bruce Mosley feel about racial discrimination today?
8. What famous couple does Arie Meaders think once purchased her pottery?
9. How does Eliot Wigginton think the widening of the highway will affect the town of Mountain City?
10. What features do Eliot Wigginton's favorite small towns have in common?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)