|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization gave Foxfire a grant that allowed the organization to hire a person to coordinate the development of manuscripts for Foxfire Press for one year?
(a) The McNair Foundation.
(b) The National Foundation for the Arts.
(c) The Putnam-Southerland Foundation.
(d) The Georgia Council for the Arts.
2. What kinds of dances were held at the Mountain City hotels in the 1930's?
(b) Ballet dances.
(c) Ballroom dances.
(d) Square dances.
3. What example of racial prejudice did Anna Tutt witness as a child?
(a) The beating of a black woman in public.
(b) The hanging of a black man.
(c) The denying of jobs to black workers.
(d) Being harassed by white children because of her race.
4. With what did Arie Meaders' family scrub their floors when she was a child?
(a) Baking soda.
(b) Lemon juice.
5. What kind of factory is located in Mountain City in the present day?
(a) A pants factory.
(b) A plastics factory.
(c) An automobile factory.
(d) A toy factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce Mosley think will help racial relations?
2. From what material was the Mountain City town water fountain made?
3. What famous couple does Arie Meaders believe once visited and bought pottery from her?
4. In the 1930's in Mountain City, how many hotels were in the town?
5. What is the status of the railroad depot in Mountain City today?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eliot Wigginton think the widening of the highway will affect the town of Mountain City?
2. Why does the Mountain City community not want to draw more tourists into their town?
3. How does Bruce Mosley feel about racial discrimination today?
4. Discuss some of the glazes that Cheever Meaders used.
5. What folk remedies did Arie Meaders' family use during her childhood?
6. Explain how Arie Meaders' mother cooked.
7. Explain why Cheever Meaders did not use a glaze on his flowerpots but did use one on his other ware.
8. Explain the surprise Harley Penland received during World War I.
9. How does Mountain City today differ from how it appeared in the early 1900's?
10. What is Foxfire's mission?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)