|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization does the Foxfire organization plan to house in the log cabin they're restoring?
(a) Rabun County Middle School.
(b) The Rabun County Historical Society.
(c) Mountain City's library.
(d) Mountain City's post office.
2. What building in Mountain City 1930's has burned?
(a) The gristmill.
(b) One of the churches.
(c) One of the hotels.
(d) The railroad depot.
3. What is Albany slip?
(a) A type of mountain herb.
(b) A large clay jar used in canning pickles.
(c) A commercially-produced glaze.
(d) An herb that grows in New York.
4. What is the status of the railroad depot in Mountain City today?
(a) It was damaged in a tornado and is being repaired.
(b) It has been preserved as a historic building.
(c) It no longer exists.
(d) It expanded in size and contains a mini-mall.
5. How did the Foxfire organization involve the community in their plans for the Mountain City project?
(a) By asking for residents to submit blueprints for the project.
(b) By mailing out a survey to get community opinions.
(c) By holding town meetings to solicit community input.
(d) By going door to door to interview residents.
6. Which of the following is not something the Mountain City community told Foxfire it wants for their town?
(a) More jobs & recreational opportunities.
(b) A cleaner town.
(c) Lower taxes.
(d) New town water & sewer systems.
7. What organization gave Foxfire a grant that allowed the organization to hire a person to coordinate the development of manuscripts for Foxfire Press for one year?
(a) The Georgia Council for the Arts.
(b) The National Foundation for the Arts.
(c) The Putnam-Southerland Foundation.
(d) The McNair Foundation.
8. When was Arie Meaders born?
9. In the 1930's in Mountain City, what fruit was grown locally, sorted and boxed at a packing house near the depot?
10. What does Bruce Mosley think will help racial relations?
(a) More education.
(b) More devotion to God in schools.
(c) Teaching children that all races are equal.
(d) More blacks in high paying jobs.
11. What is Arie Meaders' educational level?
(a) She never attended school.
(b) 5th grade.
(c) 8th grade.
(d) 7th grade.
12. What kinds of dances were held at the Mountain City hotels in the 1930's?
(a) Ballet dances.
(b) Square dances.
(d) Ballroom dances.
13. In 1977, what property did the Foxfire organization purchase?
(a) The old hospital building.
(b) The lot on which the burned building stood.
(c) The old firehouse.
(d) The old log mayor's house.
14. What was the educational level of Viola Lenoir's mother?
(a) College graduate.
(b) 5th grade.
(c) 9th grade.
(d) 8th grade.
15. In the 1930's in Mountain City, which of the following was not a local product shipped out of town to markets?
(a) Live chickens.
(c) Bundles of animal hides.
(d) Medicinal herbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool did Cheever Meaders use to break apart his lumps of clay and mix them into a smooth, even consistency?
2. When Arie Meaders' retired from pottery, what activity did she start doing?
3. What is Anna Tutt's marital state?
4. What kind of factory is located in Mountain City in the present day?
5. What was the first "Foxfire" publishing project?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)