|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization gave Foxfire a grant that allowed the organization to hire a person to coordinate the development of manuscripts for Foxfire Press for one year?
(a) The Georgia Council for the Arts.
(b) The Putnam-Southerland Foundation.
(c) The McNair Foundation.
(d) The National Foundation for the Arts.
2. What is Albany slip?
(a) A large clay jar used in canning pickles.
(b) A commercially-produced glaze.
(c) An herb that grows in New York.
(d) A type of mountain herb.
3. What benefit did Cheever Meaders derive from making his favorite types of pottery?
(a) He could make them more quickly than other pieces.
(b) His wife could assist him in making them.
(c) He earned more from the larger pieces.
(d) His children helped him glaze these pieces.
4. In what year was Bruce Mosley born?
5. When Arie Meaders' retired from pottery, what activity did she start doing?
(a) Writing novels.
(b) Baking cookies.
6. Whose death made Anna Tutt's childhood even more difficult?
(a) Her grandfather's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) Her twin sister's.
7. At what age was Bruce Mosley's grandmother Polly freed from slavery?
8. In what state does Eliot Wigginton live and work?
(b) West Virginia.
9. What was the educational level of Viola Lenoir's grandmothers?
(a) Neither of them could read or write.
(b) Both obtained sixth grade educations.
(c) Both could read and write their names.
(d) Both attended college.
10. What is Anna Tutt's marital state?
(a) She is widowed.
(b) She is engaged to be married.
(c) She is single and has never married.
(d) She is divorced.
11. From what material were the Mountain City hotels constructed?
12. At what school does Eliot Wigginton teach?
(a) Rabun Middle School.
(b) Clayton County High School.
(c) Princeton High School.
(d) Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School.
13. What kind of communities does Eliot Wigginton like?
(a) Suburbs of large cities.
(c) Large cities.
(d) Small towns.
14. When did the Meaders family start their pottery operations in White County?
(c) The mid 1800's.
15. What example of racial prejudice did Anna Tutt witness as a child?
(a) Being harassed by white children because of her race.
(b) The denying of jobs to black workers.
(c) The beating of a black woman in public.
(d) The hanging of a black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first "Foxfire" publishing project?
2. What major New York publisher gave the Foxfire organization a publishing contract for two books?
3. What is the objective of using a kiln?
4. What is Arie Meaders' educational level?
5. What is the ethnic heritage of Viola Lenoir's grandmothers?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)