|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Southern Folk Pottery: The Wilson, Hewell, and Brown Potteries (through page 384).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carrie Stewart eat for breakfast as a child?
(a) Grits and bacon.
(b) Cornbread and milk.
(c) Eggs and biscuits.
(d) Biscuits and gravy.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe a mill Burlon Craig used for mixing his clay?
(d) Drawn by mules, horses, and tractors.
3. What does Bruce Mosley think will help racial relations?
(a) More education.
(b) More devotion to God in schools.
(c) More blacks in high paying jobs.
(d) Teaching children that all races are equal.
4. What product does Foxfire make and market to its magazine subscribers through their blacksmith program for local high school students?
(a) Fireplace tools.
(c) Decorative wall art.
(d) Candle holders.
5. Who is the founder of the Foxfire organization?
(a) Anna Tut.
(b) Eliot Wigginton.
(c) Cheever Meaders.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization does the Foxfire organization plan to house in the log cabin they're restoring?
2. From where did Arie Meaders' paternal ancestors originate?
3. Why don't Mountain City residents want to build something that would draw increased tourists to their community?
4. Why did Foxfire want to interview Burlon Craig?
5. In what area(s) did Viola Lenoir work?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)