|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Southern Folk Pottery: An Appriciation - The Meaders Pottery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1977, what property did the Foxfire organization purchase?
(a) The old firehouse.
(b) The old hospital building.
(c) The old log mayor's house.
(d) The lot on which the burned building stood.
2. What kind of sports team did Mountain City have in the 1930's?
3. What types of pottery did Cheever Meaders prefer to make?
(a) Coffee mugs.
(b) Large six gallon churns and seven gallon jars.
(d) Face jugs.
4. What example of racial prejudice did Anna Tutt witness as a child?
(a) The denying of jobs to black workers.
(b) The beating of a black woman in public.
(c) The hanging of a black man.
(d) Being harassed by white children because of her race.
5. What powered the tool that Cheever Meaders used to break apart his lumps of clay and mix them into a smooth, even consistency?
(a) An electric motor.
(b) A fan.
(c) A horse.
(d) A mule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bruce Mosley's grandmother have to raise him?
2. How did Arie Meaders' family cure thrush when she was a child?
3. What famous couple does Arie Meaders believe once visited and bought pottery from her?
4. What kind of factory is located in Mountain City in the present day?
5. Why don't Mountain City residents want to build something that would draw increased tourists to their community?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)