|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Southern Folk Pottery: An Appriciation - The Meaders Pottery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of communities does Eliot Wigginton like?
(a) Small towns.
(b) Large cities.
(c) Suburbs of large cities.
2. What was the Tutt family supposed to put on their cotton plants to kill boll weevils?
(b) Castor oil.
(c) A mixture of arsenic and molasses.
(d) Cayenne pepper juice.
3. What was the educational level of Viola Lenoir's mother?
(a) 9th grade.
(b) 8th grade.
(c) College graduate.
(d) 5th grade.
4. How did Arie Meaders' family cure thrush when she was a child?
(a) With garden sage.
(b) With dandelion tea.
(c) With sassafras tea.
(d) With cod liver oil.
5. What did the Tutt family grow on their farm?
(a) Tomatoes and squash.
(b) Apples, peaches, and other fruits.
(c) Corn, cotton, peanuts, wheat, oats and cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what did Arie Meaders' family scrub their floors when she was a child?
2. What does Bruce Mosley think will help racial relations?
3. What was the profession of Viola Lenoir's mother?
4. What major New York publisher gave the Foxfire organization a publishing contract for two books?
5. What types of pottery did Cheever Meaders prefer to make?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)