|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Southern Folk Pottery: An Appriciation - The Meaders Pottery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna Tutt's marital state?
(a) She is engaged to be married.
(b) She is widowed.
(c) She is divorced.
(d) She is single and has never married.
2. What is the status of the railroad depot in Mountain City today?
(a) It no longer exists.
(b) It was damaged in a tornado and is being repaired.
(c) It has been preserved as a historic building.
(d) It expanded in size and contains a mini-mall.
3. What was the first "Foxfire" publishing project?
(a) Foxfire magazine.
(b) An online newsletter.
(c) A novel about frontier life.
(d) A newspaper.
4. What organization gave Foxfire a grant that allowed the organization to hire a person to coordinate the development of manuscripts for Foxfire Press for one year?
(a) The McNair Foundation.
(b) The Putnam-Southerland Foundation.
(c) The National Foundation for the Arts.
(d) The Georgia Council for the Arts.
5. When did Harvey Penland see whites and blacks treated in the same manner?
(a) He has never seen equal treatment of blacks and whites.
(b) When he fought World War I in Europe.
(c) At a hospital.
(d) In a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What product does Foxfire make and market to its magazine subscribers through their blacksmith program for local high school students?
2. What type of glaze is made of silt ashes and sand or powdered glass and water?
3. Which season of the year is not good for making pottery?
4. What did Carrie Stewart eat for breakfast as a child?
5. How did Arie Meaders' family cure thrush when she was a child?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)