|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Southern Folk Pottery: An Appriciation - The Meaders Pottery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first "Foxfire" publishing project?
(a) An online newsletter.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A novel about frontier life.
(d) Foxfire magazine.
2. When did Harvey Penland see whites and blacks treated in the same manner?
(a) At a hospital.
(b) He has never seen equal treatment of blacks and whites.
(c) In a church.
(d) When he fought World War I in Europe.
3. What is a groundhog kiln?
(a) A kiln in the shape of a groundhog.
(b) A kiln in which pottery is left for six weeks.
(c) A kiln that is painted brown like a groundhog.
(d) A rectangular kiln surrounded by earth.
4. In what state does Eliot Wigginton live and work?
(b) West Virginia.
5. What item does Eliot Wigginton not want to see on the menu of a diner in his community?
(d) French fries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Viola Lenoir's mother?
2. Which of the following statements is true?
3. Who is the founder of the Foxfire organization?
4. What career did Carrie Stewart begin at age 74?
5. What does Edwin Meaders use to fuel his kiln?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)