|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Southern Folk Pottery: An Appriciation - The Meaders Pottery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building in Mountain City 1930's has burned?
(a) One of the hotels.
(b) The railroad depot.
(c) The gristmill.
(d) One of the churches.
2. To whom does Bruce Mosley give credit for improving racial tension in America?
(a) The younger generation and Martin Luther King.
(b) President Obama.
(c) Reverend Al Sharpton.
(d) Reverend Jesse Jackson.
3. Which season of the year is not good for making pottery?
4. Who was the person hired to coordinate the development of manuscripts for Foxfire Press for one year?
(a) Linda Page.
(b) Dana Holcomb.
(c) Aunt Arie Carpenter.
(d) Eliot Wigginton.
5. What major New York publisher gave the Foxfire organization a publishing contract for two books?
(b) Harper and Row.
(c) Harcourt, Brace, Jovanovich.
(d) E. P. Dutton Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ethnic heritage of Viola Lenoir's grandmothers?
2. In 1977, what property did the Foxfire organization purchase?
3. From what material was the Mountain City town water fountain made?
4. For what did Carrie Stewart earn an award?
5. What is Arie Meaders' educational level?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)