|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Southern Folk Pottery: An Appriciation - The Meaders Pottery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna Tutt's marital state?
(a) She is engaged to be married.
(b) She is widowed.
(c) She is divorced.
(d) She is single and has never married.
2. What types of pottery did Cheever Meaders prefer to make?
(a) Coffee mugs.
(b) Face jugs.
(d) Large six gallon churns and seven gallon jars.
3. What building in Mountain City 1930's has burned?
(a) One of the churches.
(b) The gristmill.
(c) One of the hotels.
(d) The railroad depot.
4. From what material was the Mountain City town water fountain made?
5. What is the objective of using a kiln?
(a) To help the clay harden.
(b) To purify dirt from the clay.
(c) To kill germs that might be growing in the clay.
(d) To dry the pottery and dry the glaze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of the book published by Foxfire Press during the period covered by the grant?
2. What is the population of the county seat?
3. How old is Carrie Stewart?
4. What famous couple does Arie Meaders believe once visited and bought pottery from her?
5. When Harvey Penland was a child, how long was his school year?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)