|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blacks in Appalachia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Viola Lenoir's educational level?
(a) She had no formal education.
(b) High school graduate.
(c) 7th grade.
(d) 4th grade.
2. What kind of sports team did Mountain City have in the 1930's?
3. What kinds of dances were held at the Mountain City hotels in the 1930's?
(a) Ballet dances.
(c) Square dances.
(d) Ballroom dances.
4. What is the name of the county seat of Eliot Wigginton's county?
(c) Rabun Gap.
5. In what year was Bruce Mosley born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harvey Penland was a child, how long was his school year?
2. What is the population of the county seat?
3. For what did Carrie Stewart earn an award?
4. Why did Bruce Mosley's grandmother have to raise him?
5. What was the title of the book published by Foxfire Press during the period covered by the grant?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)