|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the county seat of Eliot Wigginton's county?
(b) Rabun Gap.
2. What product does Foxfire make and market to its magazine subscribers through their blacksmith program for local high school students?
(a) Decorative wall art.
(b) Fireplace tools.
(d) Candle holders.
3. What was the first "Foxfire" publishing project?
(a) A novel about frontier life.
(b) Foxfire magazine.
(c) An online newsletter.
(d) A newspaper.
4. What building in Mountain City 1930's has burned?
(a) One of the hotels.
(b) The gristmill.
(c) The railroad depot.
(d) One of the churches.
5. In 1977, what property did the Foxfire organization purchase?
(a) The old firehouse.
(b) The old log mayor's house.
(c) The lot on which the burned building stood.
(d) The old hospital building.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Foxfire organization involve the community in their plans for the Mountain City project?
2. What change does Eliot Wigginton say in the book's introduction is about to be made to the highway in Mountain City?
3. What kind of factory is located in Mountain City in the present day?
4. What major New York publisher gave the Foxfire organization a publishing contract for two books?
5. In the 1930's in Mountain City, how many hotels were in the town?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)