|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cockfighting: Breeds through the Law (through page 445).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career did Carrie Stewart begin at age 74?
(a) She became a midwife.
(b) She became a pianist.
(c) She became a novelist.
(d) She became a school teacher.
2. Of what does the water powered mill Burlon Craig uses to break down bottles to get pulverized glass for his glazes consist?
(a) A wooden box with a metal bar on one end.
(b) A large wooden pole and a wooden box.
(c) A large saw blade and a small metal box.
(d) A metal box with a hammer on one end.
3. What does Burlon Craig collect?
(a) Antique swords.
(b) Model trains.
4. Which season of the year is not good for making pottery?
5. What does the clear gaze that Burlon Craig uses on his swirl pottery contain?
(a) Ash, glass, and kaolin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement describes the legality of cockfighting?
2. For what were Sundays reserved during Carrie Stewart's childhood?
3. What is the objective of using a kiln?
4. What does Burlon Craig use in his glazes to keep them from running?
5. In which branch of the military did Burlon Craig once serve?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)