|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blacks in Appalachia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1930's in Mountain City, which of the following was not a local product shipped out of town to markets?
(a) Live chickens.
(b) Bundles of animal hides.
(d) Medicinal herbs.
2. Which of the following is not something the Mountain City community told Foxfire it wants for their town?
(a) A cleaner town.
(b) Lower taxes.
(c) New town water & sewer systems.
(d) More jobs & recreational opportunities.
3. What was the educational level of Viola Lenoir's grandmothers?
(a) Neither of them could read or write.
(b) Both obtained sixth grade educations.
(c) Both attended college.
(d) Both could read and write their names.
4. Why did Bruce Mosley's grandmother have to raise him?
(a) His parents died.
(b) His mother was ill and he never knew his father.
(c) His mother was disabled in a car accident.
(d) His mother deserted him.
5. To whom does Bruce Mosley give credit for improving racial tension in America?
(a) President Obama.
(b) The younger generation and Martin Luther King.
(c) Reverend Al Sharpton.
(d) Reverend Jesse Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anna Tutt's grandmother do for a living?
2. What is the population of the county seat?
3. In the 1930's in Mountain City, how many hotels were in the town?
4. Why didn't Harvey Penland's father value education and encourage Harvey to pursue his education?
5. What change does Eliot Wigginton say in the book's introduction is about to be made to the highway in Mountain City?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)