|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Southern Folk Pottery: Burlon and Irene Craig - Norman and Irene Smith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Burlon and Irene Craig live?
(a) Harrison, Virginia.
(b) Rabun Gap, Georgia.
(c) Catawba Valley in North Carolina.
(d) Corbin, Kentucky.
2. Who was the person hired to coordinate the development of manuscripts for Foxfire Press for one year?
(a) Dana Holcomb.
(b) Linda Page.
(c) Aunt Arie Carpenter.
(d) Eliot Wigginton.
3. What kind of factory is located in Mountain City in the present day?
(a) A plastics factory.
(b) An automobile factory.
(c) A pants factory.
(d) A toy factory.
4. What kind of mill does Norman Smith use to mix his clay?
(a) A Macedonian mill.
(b) A Cantonese mill.
(c) A pug mill.
(d) A glass mill.
5. What building in Mountain City 1930's has burned?
(a) The railroad depot.
(b) The gristmill.
(c) One of the churches.
(d) One of the hotels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change does Eliot Wigginton say in the book's introduction is about to be made to the highway in Mountain City?
2. What kind of glaze does Norman Smith use on the majority of his pottery?
3. At what age was Bruce Mosley's grandmother Polly freed from slavery?
4. What injustices did Harvey Penland see whites commit against blacks?
5. To whom does Bruce Mosley give credit for improving racial tension in America?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)