|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cockfighting: Breeds through the Law (through page 445).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the game chicken breeders interviewed for Foxfire 8 recommend about record keeping?
(a) To keep sales records, but no other records.
(b) To hire a professional accountant for record keeping.
(c) To avoid record keeping.
(d) To keep clear, accurate records.
2. Why didn't Harvey Penland's father value education and encourage Harvey to pursue his education?
(a) He thought Harvey could make money working without one.
(b) He needed Harvey to help with farm chores.
(c) He had been a slave and didn't value education for blacks.
(d) He didn't read and didn't see why Harvey needed to read.
3. Where do chickens fight?
(a) In a specially built wooden box.
(b) In a grassy yard.
(c) In a wire cage.
(d) In a pit or hole in the floor.
4. How old was Burlon Craig when he was first offered a share in a pottery business?
5. For what were Sundays reserved during Carrie Stewart's childhood?
(a) Visiting her grandparents.
(b) Church and religion.
(c) Learning Latin and Greek.
(d) Music lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Burlon and Irene Craig live?
2. What example of racial prejudice did Anna Tutt witness as a child?
3. What did the Tutt family grow on their farm?
4. What did Anna Tutt's grandmother do for a living?
5. For what type of pottery is Burlon Craig best known?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)