|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the mysterious man want to take Sissie after they kiss?
2. Which of the following experiences has Sissie had in Part 4?
3. Which of the following compliments does the mysterious man give to Sissie?
4. Whom does Sissie get angry at when she sees the mysterious man at the bar in Part 4?
5. Which of her children does Sissie's mother claim was an accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do social issues play a role in "Four Summers"? Consider the hierarchy of women. Also, consider the roles of class and race.
Essay Topic 2
In what way is loss of innocence a theme in the story? What causes Sissie to lose her innocence? How does she lose innocence progressively in each section of the story?
Essay Topic 3
How is self-consciousness a theme in the story? Why does Sissie feel self-conscious? Is she rational in feeling this way? Why or why not? What is the cause of Sissie's discomfort?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)