|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, who does Sissie describe as being too loud?
2. Whom does the mysterious man remind Sissie of?
3. Which of the following experiences has Sissie had in Part 4?
4. In Part 4, who can Sissie finally compare herself to?
5. Which of the following people does Sissie find handsome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is self-consciousness a theme in the story? Why does Sissie feel self-conscious? Is she rational in feeling this way? Why or why not? What is the cause of Sissie's discomfort?
Essay Topic 2
How do Sissie's feelings about her father change over the course of the narration? How does the reader know that Sissie's feelings about her father are changing? Analyze her feelings for her mother in the same way.
Essay Topic 3
Who or what is the protagonist in "Four Summers"? Why? Who or what is the antagonist in "Four Summers" and how does the reader know this? What role do both the protagonist and antagonist play in the story?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)