|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Sissie get angry at when she sees the mysterious man at the bar in Part 4?
2. Which of the following is the name of the second friend Sissie mentions?
3. Before entering the bar as an adult, how does Sissie feel?
4. Which of the following experiences has Sissie had in Part 4?
5. What does Sissie feel she has lost in Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Sissie's development as a character. Describe her starting position in comparison to her ending position. How does she change physically? How do her emotions and beliefs change? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How do social issues play a role in "Four Summers"? Consider the hierarchy of women. Also, consider the roles of class and race.
Essay Topic 3
Is "Four Summers" plot-driven or character-driven? Why? How does the reader know this? Why is this significant?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)