|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of one of Sissie's friends?
2. Who does Sissie believe has laid a path for her to follow?
3. How does Sissie feel about her father as of the third part of the book?
4. Whom does Sissie get angry at when she sees the mysterious man at the bar in Part 4?
5. Where have Sissie's friends gone when she is left with her parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is "Four Summers" plot-driven or character-driven? Why? How does the reader know this? Why is this significant?
Essay Topic 2
How do Sissie's feelings about her father change over the course of the narration? How does the reader know that Sissie's feelings about her father are changing? Analyze her feelings for her mother in the same way.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Sissie similar and different to her mother? How is Jesse comparable to Sissie's father? What predictions can the reader make based on these commonalities?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)