|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives would Sissie use to describe the mysterious man in the parking lot?
2. What is the name of the bar that Sissie's parents frequented?
3. Which of the following words does Sissie use to describe Jesse?
4. When the mysterious man asks Sissie about her age, how does she respond?
5. In Part 3, who does Sissie describe as being too loud?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does the literary device parallelism play a role in the story? Compare and contrast each of the four summers to each other.
Essay Topic 2
In what way is loss of innocence a theme in the story? What causes Sissie to lose her innocence? How does she lose innocence progressively in each section of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Who or what is the protagonist in "Four Summers"? Why? Who or what is the antagonist in "Four Summers" and how does the reader know this? What role do both the protagonist and antagonist play in the story?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)