|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives would Sissie use to describe the mysterious man in the parking lot?
2. What is the name of Sissie's younger sibling?
3. Whom does the mysterious man remind Sissie of?
(a) Her older brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her uncle.
4. Where do Sissie's parents drag her when she does not go out with her friends?
(a) The mall.
(b) On a boat outing.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The island.
5. How old is Sissie when she meets the mysterious man?
6. From what point of view is the story told?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person omniscient.
7. Which of the following is the name of one of Sissie's friends?
8. Who does Sissie stop trusting?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
9. What does Sissie believe will happen to her love for her husband?
(a) It comes and goes day to day.
(b) It is more passionate than any other love.
(c) It will last her a lifetime.
(d) It will dissipate over time.
10. What message about marriage does Sissie convey to the reader?
(a) Marriage is not important.
(b) Marriage is important regardless of love.
(c) Marriage is only for creating offspring.
(d) Marriage is not always linked to romance.
11. What does Sissie's aunt claim to have written to?
(a) The Oprah Winfrey Show.
(b) The Jerry Springer Show.
(c) The Jay Leno Show.
(d) The Howie Masterson Show.
12. How many years has it been since Sissie was last at the bar when she visits as an adult?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
13. Which of the following is the literary device used to show similarities among the years?
14. What does Sissie do as Part 3 ends?
(a) She goes with the man.
(b) She begins crying.
(c) She runs back to the tavern.
(d) She attacks the man.
15. What does Sissie drink as she sits with her parents in Part 3?
(b) Root beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. After kissing the mysterious man, what emotion does Sissie feel?
2. What is Sissie's complaint about the tavern in Part 3?
3. Which of the following make Sissie overly aware of herself?
4. How much time has passed between Part 2 and Part 3?
5. Which character is Sissie foreshadowed to be most like?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)