|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following qualities about her aunt embarrasses Sissie?
(a) Her makeshift shoes.
(b) Her tight clothing.
(c) The way she dances.
(d) Her fake teeth.
2. In Part 4, who can Sissie finally compare herself to?
(b) Her mother.
(c) The mysterious man.
(d) Her brothers.
3. Which of the following do Sissie's parents argue about in Part 3?
(a) A television show.
(b) Whether or not they should go on vacation.
(c) What color shirt her father is wearing.
(d) Who is the better parent.
4. Where do Sissie's parents drag her when she does not go out with her friends?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The island.
(c) The mall.
(d) On a boat outing.
5. Which of the following literary devices is used in the last section of the book?
6. What is Sissie's complaint about the tavern in Part 3?
(a) It is too smoky.
(b) They don't serve any good food.
(c) It is full of people she hates.
(d) It is too small.
7. According to Sissie, whom are all men angry at?
(a) Their wives.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their parents.
8. How did Sissie's father die?
(a) In a bar fight.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In an accident at a factory.
(d) From a heart attack.
9. Where does Sissie tell her parents that she would like to wait for them in Part 3?
(a) On the dock.
(b) In a boat.
(c) In the car.
(d) On the porch.
10. Which of the following adjectives defines Sissie's existence?
11. Which of the following statements is true about Sissie's feelings about her mother at the end of the book?
(a) Sissie will never forgive her mother for putting her through so many injustices.
(b) Sissie cannot identify her feelings for her mother.
(c) Sissie has not spoken to her mother in years and does not plan to do so.
(d) Sissie loves her mother more than her father.
12. What does Sissie think about her mother's latest haircut?
(a) The layers are too uneven.
(b) It is too curly.
(c) It is too long for her facial structure.
(d) It is too short.
13. Which of the following experiences has Sissie had in Part 4?
(b) Rehabilitation after alcohol abuse.
(c) Domestic abuse.
14. What does Sissie's mother tease her about having in Part 3?
(a) A menstrual cycle.
(b) A crush.
(c) Too much facial hair.
(d) A date to a dance.
15. What season is it at the end of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sissie stop trusting?
2. In Part 3, who does Sissie describe as being too loud?
3. What does Sissie believe will happen to her love for her husband?
4. Which of the following does Sissie use to decorate her bedroom walls?
5. In what season does the third section of the story begin?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)