|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words does Sissie use to describe her own appearance?
2. Which character is Sissie foreshadowed to be most like?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
3. How much time has passed between Part 2 and Part 3?
(a) A decade.
(b) Several years.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several days.
4. Where do Sissie's parents drag her when she does not go out with her friends?
(a) The island.
(b) The mall.
(c) On a boat outing.
(d) The tavern.
5. Which of the following experiences has Sissie had in Part 4?
(a) Rehabilitation after alcohol abuse.
(c) Domestic abuse.
6. Which of her children does Sissie's mother claim was an accident?
(a) Her youngest child.
(b) Her second youngest child.
(c) Her oldest child.
(d) Her second oldest child.
7. Which of the following things does Sissie notice about her uncle?
(a) He has small hands.
(b) His fingernails are well manicured.
(c) He is very shaky.
(d) He has a bald head.
8. Which of the following adjectives would Sissie use to describe the mysterious man in the parking lot?
9. When the mysterious man asks Sissie about her age, how does she respond?
(a) She tells him she is five years older than she is.
(b) She tells him her actual age.
(c) She tells him it is none of his business.
(d) She says nothing.
10. Where have Sissie's friends gone when she is left with her parents?
(a) They have gone to a carnival.
(b) They have gone to see a show.
(c) They have gone on vacation in Mexico.
(d) They have gone to an opera.
11. Whom does Sissie get angry at when she sees the mysterious man at the bar in Part 4?
(c) Her father.
(d) The mysterious man.
12. At the end of the book, how old is Sissie?
13. Which of the following is a constant throughout the book?
(d) Characters present.
14. Why did Sissie end up not going out with her friends?
(a) She wanted to spend time with her parents instead.
(b) Her parents did not allow her to go.
(c) She did not like the show they were going to see.
(d) She was not invited.
15. Which of the following is a theme in the book?
(a) Differences in education.
(b) Different types of love.
(c) Differences in preferences.
(d) Differences in class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mysterious man's breath smell like?
2. Where does Sissie tell her parents that she would like to wait for them in Part 3?
3. What is Sissie's complaint about the tavern in Part 3?
4. Which of the following is the name of one of Sissie's friends?
5. How did Sissie's father die?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)