|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the book?
(a) Differences in preferences.
(b) Different types of love.
(c) Differences in education.
(d) Differences in class.
2. Which of the following adjectives would Sissie use to describe the mysterious man in the parking lot?
3. Who does Sissie stop trusting?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
4. How much time has passed between Part 2 and Part 3?
(a) Several days.
(b) A decade.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several years.
5. What is the name of the bar that Sissie's parents frequented?
(a) Lakeside Bar.
(b) Riverbend Tavern.
(c) The Boat House.
(d) Oceanside Bar.
6. How old is Jesse by the end of the book?
7. What does Sissie secretly wish about Jesse?
(a) That he would stop drinking.
(b) That he was quiet.
(c) That he would be more serious.
(d) That he were older.
8. Which of the following does Sissie allude to in Part 4?
(a) Her father's violent tendencies.
(b) Her mother's short hair.
(c) Her brother's dirty shoes.
(d) The bird stuck in the water.
9. Which of the following statements represents Sissie's hope for the way Jesse ages?
(a) She hopes he ages smoothly.
(b) She hopes she ages slower than he does.
(c) She hopes he never ages.
(d) She hopes he ages quickly.
10. What does Sissie compare talking to the mysterious man to?
(a) A game of charades.
(b) A sports match.
(c) A game.
(d) A car accident.
11. Which of the following statements is true about Sissie?
(a) Sissie feels that she knows everything.
(b) Sissie hates being pregnant.
(c) Sissie is scared of her husband.
(d) Sissie still lives in fear of her father.
12. What is the name of Sissie's aunt?
13. Which of the following does Sissie use to decorate her bedroom walls?
(a) Animal photos.
(b) Movie star photos.
(c) Music lyrics.
(d) Postcards from around the world.
14. According to Sissie, which word defines all men, in general?
15. Where does Sissie tell her parents that she would like to wait for them in Part 3?
(a) In a boat.
(b) In the car.
(c) On the porch.
(d) On the dock.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, who can Sissie finally compare herself to?
2. Where have Sissie's friends gone when she is left with her parents?
3. Where does the mysterious man want to take Sissie after they kiss?
4. When Sissie thinks about her mother, which of the following emotions does she feel?
5. What does Sissie believe will happen to her love for her husband?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)