|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sissie's aunt claim to have written to?
(a) The Oprah Winfrey Show.
(b) The Howie Masterson Show.
(c) The Jerry Springer Show.
(d) The Jay Leno Show.
2. What does Sissie drink as she sits with her parents in Part 3?
(c) Root beer.
3. Where have Sissie's friends gone when she is left with her parents?
(a) They have gone on vacation in Mexico.
(b) They have gone to see a show.
(c) They have gone to an opera.
(d) They have gone to a carnival.
4. Where does the mysterious man want to take Sissie after they kiss?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The boat.
(c) The boat house.
(d) The car.
5. Which of the following words describes how Sissie feels at the end of the book?
6. Which of the following is a theme in the book?
(a) Differences in education.
(b) Differences in preferences.
(c) Differences in class.
(d) Different types of love.
7. Which of the following does Sissie use to decorate her bedroom walls?
(a) Movie star photos.
(b) Postcards from around the world.
(c) Music lyrics.
(d) Animal photos.
8. When Sissie thinks about her mother, which of the following emotions does she feel?
9. Which of the following people does Sissie find handsome?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Her uncle.
10. From what point of view is the story told?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
11. According to Sissie, whom are all men angry at?
(a) Their children.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their wives.
12. What does Sissie feel she has lost in Part 4?
(d) Her innocence.
13. Which of the following is the name of the second friend Sissie mentions?
14. Which of the following is a constant throughout the book?
(d) Characters present.
15. What is the current month when Sissie meets the mysterious man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is true about Sissie's feelings about her mother at the end of the book?
2. Which of the following make Sissie overly aware of herself?
3. When the mysterious man asks Sissie about her age, how does she respond?
4. Which of the following is evidence that Sissie's narration has improved?
5. What is the name of Sissie's uncle?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)