|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes angry with a woman when she offers something to Sissie during the first summer?
(a) Sissie's uncle.
(b) Sissie's mother.
(c) Sissie's father.
(d) The woman's husband.
2. What is the outcome of Sissie's parents bickering at the tavern in the first summer?
(a) Sissie's aunt begins crying.
(c) Sissie's mother takes Sissie back home.
(d) Sissie's father takes the boys in the boat.
3. Who jokingly offers to take the children on a boat?
(a) A friend of Sissie's mother.
(b) Sissie's neighbor.
(c) Sissie's uncle.
(d) A friend of Sissie's aunt.
4. Where do Sissie and Jerry wait in the second summer chapter?
(a) Near the water.
(b) On an island.
(c) Inside the bar.
(d) Inside a boat.
5. How does Sissie believe her father looks as he spits?
6. How old is Jerry as he waits with Sissie for their father the second summer?
7. Which of the following characters are most likable in the first summer?
(a) Sissie's brother.
(b) Sissie's aunt.
(c) Sissie's mother.
(d) Sissie's father.
8. The reader can determine that the narrator has matured by the second summer after studying which of the following?
9. How is Sissie's family related to somebody they know who marched in a parade?
(a) He is Sissie's brother.
(b) He is Sissie's teacher.
(c) He is a family friend.
(d) He is Sissie's uncle.
10. What is the reaction of the adults to Sissie's brothers and their begging?
(a) The boys are disciplined.
(b) They reply positively to the boys.
(c) They reply negatively to the boys.
(d) They ignore the boys.
11. In the second summer, how long ago did Jerry get into big trouble?
(a) Months ago.
(b) Days ago.
(c) Years ago.
(d) Weeks ago.
12. How many brothers does Sissie have?
(a) Two younger brothers.
(b) Two older brothers.
(c) One older brother and one younger brother.
(d) Three older brothers.
13. Whom is Sissie afraid of the second summer?
14. Which of the following qualities does Sissie use to describe Jimmy?
(d) A criminal.
15. What item makes Sissie feel powerless in the first summer?
(c) Her brothers.
(d) The bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the book, visible in the first summer?
2. In what way does Sissie's father offer to let her row the boat?
3. Which of the following is offered to Sissie by a woman in the first summer?
4. In the second summer, what type of insect is described as hovering around tables?
5. Looking at her father from far away, whom does Sissie believe he looks like?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)