|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item makes Sissie feel powerless in the first summer?
(a) The bird.
(d) Her brothers.
2. How old is Sissie when she meets the mysterious man?
3. Which of the following is obvious to the reader by the second summer about Sissie's father?
(a) He does not know how to row a boat.
(b) He abuses drugs.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He does not love his children.
4. Which of the following make Sissie overly aware of herself?
(a) She has a mole on her face.
(b) She has short hair.
(c) She is very skinny.
(d) She has braces.
5. Describe the relationship among the children in the first summer the reader sees at the tavern.
(a) Sissie wants to be just like her brothers.
(b) Sissie is afraid of her brothers.
(c) Sissie spends a lot of time with her brothers but does not like doing so.
(d) Sissie is close with her brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Sissie afraid of the second summer?
2. In what body part does Sissie see similarity between her father and Jerry?
3. Where is Sissie in the second summer?
4. Whom does Sissie most want to help?
5. Who has the idea to go to the island in the boat?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)