|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following might be considered Sissie's tragic flaw in the first summer?
(a) Her love for her parents.
(b) Her fear of her family.
(c) Her love for nature.
(d) Her love for her brothers.
2. What message about marriage does Sissie convey to the reader?
(a) Marriage is not important.
(b) Marriage is important regardless of love.
(c) Marriage is only for creating offspring.
(d) Marriage is not always linked to romance.
3. What is the bird stuck in?
(b) Scum in the water.
(c) A piece of trash.
(d) In a discarded net.
4. Which of the following people are at home taking care of a child in the second summer?
(a) Sissie's mother.
(b) Sissie's brother.
(c) Sissie's aunt.
(d) Sissie's friend.
5. Who does Sissie stop trusting?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sissie, which word defines all men, in general?
2. What is the name of Sissie's younger sibling?
3. What item makes Sissie feel powerless in the first summer?
4. Which of the following do Sissie's parents argue about in Part 3?
5. Which of the following statements is true about Sissie's feelings about her mother at the end of the book?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)