|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Sissie point out about her mother in Part 3?
(a) The way her forehead wrinkles.
(b) The way her eyes glaze over.
(c) The way her nose is constantly running.
(d) The way she is constantly picking at her nails.
2. In Part 2, where is Frank?
(a) With his friends.
(b) At school.
(c) At home babysitting.
(d) Inside a bar.
3. Which of the following is a theme in the book, visible in the first summer?
(a) Imperfections in the world.
(b) Devotion to self.
(c) Devotion to one's mother.
(d) Animal nurturing.
4. What is the name of Sissie's uncle?
5. What is the outcome of Sissie's parents bickering at the tavern in the first summer?
(a) Sissie's aunt begins crying.
(b) Sissie's father takes the boys in the boat.
(d) Sissie's mother takes Sissie back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of the second friend Sissie mentions?
2. How old is Jerry as he waits with Sissie for their father the second summer?
3. Who wishes that their father were dead?
4. Whom does Sissie describe as being similar to her father?
5. Which of the following qualities does Sissie use to describe Jimmy?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)