|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of the adults to Sissie's brothers and their begging?
(a) They reply negatively to the boys.
(b) The boys are disciplined.
(c) They reply positively to the boys.
(d) They ignore the boys.
2. Which of the following might be considered Sissie's tragic flaw in the first summer?
(a) Her love for nature.
(b) Her love for her brothers.
(c) Her fear of her family.
(d) Her love for her parents.
3. Which of the following describes Jerry's tone of voice as he waits with Sissie for his father?
4. Which of the following thoughts does Sissie have about her father?
(a) That he does not drink as much as the other men do.
(b) That he is unlike other men.
(c) That he is meaner than the other men are.
(d) That he is less attractive than other men are.
5. Describe the relationship among the children in the first summer the reader sees at the tavern.
(a) Sissie wants to be just like her brothers.
(b) Sissie is close with her brothers.
(c) Sissie is afraid of her brothers.
(d) Sissie spends a lot of time with her brothers but does not like doing so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes angry with a woman when she offers something to Sissie during the first summer?
2. What prediction is most likely to be made based on the first summer?
3. What is Sissie's reaction to seeing a character vomiting?
4. What do Sissie's parents bicker about in the first summer?
5. Who wishes that their father were dead?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)