|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird do the children see that is stuck?
(a) A blackbird.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A cardinal.
(d) A blue jay.
2. Which of the following details is provided about Jerry's appearance?
(a) He has very greasy hair.
(b) He has red hair.
(c) He has fleabites on his legs.
(d) He has pimples.
3. Who wishes that their father were dead?
(b) Sissie's sister.
4. By which of the following items do Sissie's brothers wait?
(a) A bar stool.
(b) A car.
(c) A boat.
(d) A stable.
5. How does Sissie describe the island that she goes to with her father?
(a) Large and open.
(b) Small and dirty.
(c) Cluttered and expansive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters are most likable in the first summer?
2. Which of the following is offered to Sissie by a woman in the first summer?
3. Which of the following describes Jerry's tone of voice as he waits with Sissie for his father?
4. Which of the following literary devices is present in the book?
5. How does Sissie feel when she sees children throwing things at the stuck bird?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)