|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following indicates that time has passed between the first two parts of the book?
(a) Maturation in the narration.
(b) The narrator's education.
(c) The changing seasons.
(d) The age of the tavern.
2. What does Sissie do on the island in the second summer?
(a) Picks up trash.
(c) Becomes sick.
(d) Plays hide and seek.
3. Who joins Sissie's family as they sit in the first summer?
(a) A mysterious man.
(b) Her parents' friends.
(c) A group of children.
(d) Her aunt and uncle.
4. How does Sissie describe her mother in the first summer detailed?
(c) A drunkard.
5. What does Sissie lack in the first summer of her narration?
(a) Character development.
(b) The ability to put events into details.
(d) Affection for her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Sissie play a game with at the beginning of the story?
2. Looking at her father from far away, whom does Sissie believe he looks like?
3. Which of the following is obvious to the reader by the second summer about Sissie's father?
4. Who jokingly offers to take the children on a boat?
5. What view does Sissie have of Frank?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)