|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird do the children see that is stuck?
(a) A blackbird.
(b) A cardinal.
(c) A blue jay.
(d) A sparrow.
2. Whom does Sissie try to stay away from when she mentions the stuck bird?
(b) Her aunt and uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brothers.
3. How is Sissie's family related to somebody they know who marched in a parade?
(a) He is Sissie's uncle.
(b) He is Sissie's teacher.
(c) He is a family friend.
(d) He is Sissie's brother.
4. What is the bird stuck in?
(a) Scum in the water.
(b) A piece of trash.
(d) In a discarded net.
5. Which of the following qualities does Sissie use to describe Jimmy?
(d) A criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who jokingly offers to take the children on a boat?
2. What do Sissie's parents bicker about in the first summer?
3. Which of the following describes the setting of the book?
4. What does Sissie lack in the first summer of her narration?
5. Which of the following is offered to Sissie by a woman in the first summer?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)