|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Sissie most want to help?
(a) Her father.
(b) The bird.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brothers.
2. Which of the following qualities does Sissie use to describe Jimmy?
(c) A criminal.
3. Which character would be best described as vulnerable?
(a) Sissie's mother.
(b) Sissie's brothers.
(d) Sissie's aunt.
4. How old is Sissie in the first summer detailed in the story?
(a) A young child.
(b) A teenager.
(c) An adult.
(d) A middle school student.
5. Which of the following describes the setting of the book?
(a) A tavern on a lake.
(b) An urban tavern.
(c) A tavern in a neighborhood.
(d) An tavern by the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Sissie's family as they sit in the first summer?
2. What do Sissie's parents bicker about in the first summer?
3. Which of the following is a theme in the book, visible in the first summer?
4. Who becomes angry with a woman when she offers something to Sissie during the first summer?
5. By which of the following items do Sissie's brothers wait?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)