|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Sissie try to stay away from when she mentions the stuck bird?
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Her aunt and uncle.
(d) Her father.
2. What is the reaction of the adults to Sissie's brothers and their begging?
(a) They ignore the boys.
(b) They reply positively to the boys.
(c) The boys are disciplined.
(d) They reply negatively to the boys.
3. Which of the following might be considered Sissie's tragic flaw in the first summer?
(a) Her love for her parents.
(b) Her fear of her family.
(c) Her love for her brothers.
(d) Her love for nature.
4. What type of innocence would be considered a theme in the book?
(a) Innocence of animals.
(b) Innocence of the elderly.
(c) Innocence of love.
(d) Innocence of a child.
5. Which of the following is a quality of the narration in the book?
(d) Indistinct voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bird stuck in?
2. Who becomes angry with a woman when she offers something to Sissie during the first summer?
3. What type of bird do the children see that is stuck?
4. How is Sissie's family related to somebody they know who marched in a parade?
5. Where is Sissie sitting when she plays a game in her first summer at the tavern?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)