|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird do the children see that is stuck?
(a) A cardinal.
(b) A blue jay.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A blackbird.
2. Whom do Sissie's brothers beg to do something?
(a) Sissie's mother.
(b) Sissie's father's friend.
(c) Sissie's aunt.
(d) Sissie's father.
3. Which of the following might be considered Sissie's tragic flaw in the first summer?
(a) Her love for her parents.
(b) Her fear of her family.
(c) Her love for her brothers.
(d) Her love for nature.
4. By which of the following items do Sissie's brothers wait?
(a) A stable.
(b) A car.
(c) A bar stool.
(d) A boat.
5. Who joins Sissie's family as they sit in the first summer?
(a) Her parents' friends.
(b) Her aunt and uncle.
(c) A mysterious man.
(d) A group of children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the outcome of Sissie's parents bickering at the tavern in the first summer?
2. How does Sissie describe her mother in the first summer detailed?
3. What is the reaction of the adults to Sissie's brothers and their begging?
4. How is Sissie's family related to somebody they know who marched in a parade?
5. Which of the following might be considered a tone in the story?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)