|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sissie do on the island in the second summer?
(a) Plays hide and seek.
(b) Picks up trash.
(d) Becomes sick.
2. Describe the relationship among the children in the first summer the reader sees at the tavern.
(a) Sissie is afraid of her brothers.
(b) Sissie spends a lot of time with her brothers but does not like doing so.
(c) Sissie wants to be just like her brothers.
(d) Sissie is close with her brothers.
3. What does Sissie focus on as her father takes a drink of his beverage in the second summer?
(a) His hands.
(b) His mouth.
(c) His throat.
(d) His chest.
4. What view does Sissie have of Frank?
(a) Frank is cruel.
(b) Frank has freedom.
(c) Frank is irresponsible.
(d) Frank is too busy to notice his family.
5. What is the occupation of the man who marched in a parade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of Sissie's oldest brother?
2. Which of the following might be considered a tone in the story?
3. Whom does Sissie most want to help?
4. How does Sissie describe Jerry's shoes?
5. Whom does Sissie describe as being similar to her father?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)