• Sissie is a young child and the narrator of the story.
• Sissie plays a game with her mother, who she adores, at an outdoor lake party.
• Sissie's brothers bother her father, who is drinking alcohol, about going in the boat on the lake.
• Sissie's father ignores the children.
• Children begin throwing stones at a bird stuck in the water, at which Sissie is horrified.
• Time has passed since Part I, and now Sissie is waiting with her brother Jerry for their father by a boathouse.
• Sissie's father is obviously an alcoholic at this point.
• Jerry claims that he hates his father and wishes he were dead.
• Sissie's father takes the children to an island that is littered with napkins and beer cans.
• Jerry and Sissie explore the island until they witness their dad vomiting into the water.
• This makes them scared and they run away from...
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)