|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael tell his son in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Good morning.
(b) Get to bed.
(c) Good night.
2. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A bouquet that matches her gown.
(b) A comb and hand mirror.
(c) Michael's book.
(d) Her folded wedding dress.
3. What does Michael say he got a different message and reaction from than Agnes on his wedding night?
(a) His parents.
(b) The wedding ceremony.
(c) Agnes' parents.
(d) The "God Is Love" pillow.
4. What does Michael leave to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Administer punishment to his son.
(b) Fetch something to eat.
(c) Go and search for his son.
(d) Call the doctor for his sick son.
5. Why does Michael go into the cellar?
(a) He wants to exercise on the stairs.
(b) To check for some wine to drink.
(c) In order to make sure there is no one down there.
(d) To see if there is anything overlooked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
2. What has Michael and Agnes' son been doing with his medicine?
3. Where does Michael put the bottle of champagne?
4. When Agnes sees her husband bewildered at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does she do?
5. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)