|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Sleeping in the fourposter.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) Brushing her hair in the mirror.
(d) Entering through the door.
2. What does Agnes plan to do with the "God Is Love" pillow in the end of the play?
(a) Take it with her.
(b) Throw it away.
(c) Give it to her daughter.
(d) Leave it on the bed.
3. What is different about the fourposter bed in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) It has been dismantled.
(b) The curtains are more elaborate.
(c) The curtains are more conservative.
(d) There are no bed linens.
4. Michael comes face to face with what fact about his son?
(a) That his son is an alcoholic.
(b) That his son is stealing from him.
(c) That his son is a young man.
(d) That his son is a womanizer.
5. Why does Agnes hug Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She misses him.
(b) She is comforting him.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She is trying to control him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Michael and Agnes feel is a pity?
2. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What motivates Michael to declare his true feelings to Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What is Michael doing when he is first seen in the last scene?
5. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)