|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
(b) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
(c) His son has not come home from a party.
(d) His daughter is eloping.
3. What is Agnes' decision about the bedclothes in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She wants to throw them away.
(b) She is leaving them on the bed.
(c) She wants to donate them to the poor.
(d) She wants Michael to keep them.
4. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
(a) Because Michael sincerely likes the poet's work.
(b) To prove something to Agnes.
(c) Because he is trying to steal the poet's work.
(d) To show that he is better than every other writer.
5. Why is Michael so angry about the bourbon bottle?
(a) Agnes has been hiding it in secret.
(b) He thinks the family cannot afford to be buying bourbon.
(c) His seventeen-year-old son has been hiding the bottle.
(d) He has banned alcohol in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Agnes and Michael's son seem to be taking after?
2. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
3. What does Michael tell his son in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What motivates Michael to declare his true feelings to Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, what is the only thing that remains in the room from previous scenes?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)