|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agnes' decision about the bedclothes in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She wants to donate them to the poor.
(b) She is leaving them on the bed.
(c) She wants Michael to keep them.
(d) She wants to throw them away.
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, about how much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) A few days.
(b) Seven years.
(c) One year.
(d) A few months.
3. What is Michael's reaction after reading the young poet's work?
(c) Brought to tears of sadness.
(d) Jealous of how good it is.
4. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Her daughter to be happy.
(b) A trip.
(d) To be happy.
5. What does Michael leave to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Administer punishment to his son.
(b) Fetch something to eat.
(c) Call the doctor for his sick son.
(d) Go and search for his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes plan to do with the "God Is Love" pillow in the end of the play?
2. After drinking from the bourbon bottle, what does Michael do?
3. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
4. Why does Michael tell Agnes she should cheer up in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)