|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what time does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Four in the morning.
(b) Seven in the evening.
(c) Four in the afternoon.
2. What does Michael bring back from the cellar?
(a) A dead rodent.
(b) A bottle of champagne.
(c) A crate of wine.
(d) An old family photo album.
3. What position does Michael get into after telling Agnes about what their son was wearing?
(a) He stretches onto the bed.
(b) He sits down cross legged.
(c) He rests his head in his hands.
(d) He kneels on the ground.
4. How does Agnes describe the fourposter bed in the last scene?
(a) The bed was a bad financial investment.
(b) The bed only has bad memories for her.
(c) She wishes she could get rid of the bed.
(d) The bed had a nice history.
5. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The first day of their vacation.
(b) The end of their marriage.
(c) The start of a better life.
(d) The first day of their divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
2. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. It is apparent that what event is happening in the room at the end of the play?
4. What does Michael say no young couple should have to find underneath the sheets?
5. Why is Michael so angry about the bourbon bottle?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)