|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The first day of their divorce.
(b) The end of their marriage.
(c) The first day of their vacation.
(d) The start of a better life.
2. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Her daughter to be happy.
(c) A trip.
(d) To be happy.
3. Where does Michael put the "God Is Love" pillow?
(a) On Agnes' side of the bed.
(b) In the suitcase.
(c) In the trashcan.
(d) Underneath the bed.
4. What does Agnes describe herself as being all her life?
(a) An adolescent with a longing heart.
(b) Lonely and sad.
(c) Someone's mother and wife.
(d) Happy and content.
5. What does Michael leave to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Go and search for his son.
(b) Administer punishment to his son.
(c) Call the doctor for his sick son.
(d) Fetch something to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
2. What does Agnes say she does not want to argue about in the last scene?
3. What position does Michael get into after telling Agnes about what their son was wearing?
4. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
5. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)