|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
(a) How much does he love her?
(b) Why did he only say that?
(c) What was their son wearing?
(d) What time is it?
2. Where has Michael found the bourbon bottle?
(a) In his son's drawer.
(b) In Agnes' wardrobe.
(c) Under the fourposter bed.
(d) In the servant's quarters.
3. Why does Michael tell Agnes she should cheer up in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She looks beautiful to him and that he loves her.
(b) He has just sold his manuscript and they will have more money.
(c) Their daughter is marrying a wonderful man and they should be happy.
(d) He has had to pretend to be happy, so she should too.
4. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A cat in a tree.
(b) A dog in the doghouse.
(c) A frog in a pond.
(d) A fish is the ocean.
5. What happens after Michael leaves in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He never returns.
(b) He quickly returns and is distracted.
(c) He returns, bringing his son in the room.
(d) He returns with a platter of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael say he got a different message and reaction from than Agnes on his wedding night?
2. About what time does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
3. Michael comes face to face with what fact about his son?
4. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
5. It is apparent that what event is happening in the room at the end of the play?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)