|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
(a) To prove something to Agnes.
(b) To show that he is better than every other writer.
(c) Because Michael sincerely likes the poet's work.
(d) Because he is trying to steal the poet's work.
2. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Late night.
(b) After dinner.
3. Why is Michael so angry about the bourbon bottle?
(a) He thinks the family cannot afford to be buying bourbon.
(b) Agnes has been hiding it in secret.
(c) He has banned alcohol in the house.
(d) His seventeen-year-old son has been hiding the bottle.
4. Is Michael happy with his daughter's choice of husband, and how does he address his son-in-law?
(a) Yes, Michael descibes him as perfect.
(b) Yes, Michael thinks he is wealthy.
(c) No, Michael calls him poor.
(d) No, Michael calls him a nit wit.
5. What does Agnes describe herself as being all her life?
(a) Happy and content.
(b) Someone's mother and wife.
(c) An adolescent with a longing heart.
(d) Lonely and sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael tell Agnes he first thought when he saw the "God Is Love" pillow?
2. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
3. It is apparent that what event is happening in the room at the end of the play?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
5. How many children do Michael and Agnes have?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)