Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
(a) She is enthralled with him.
(b) She is offended by him.
(c) She sees him as a son.
(d) She hates him.
2. Is Michael happy with his daughter's choice of husband, and how does he address his son-in-law?
(a) Yes, Michael descibes him as perfect.
(b) No, Michael calls him poor.
(c) Yes, Michael thinks he is wealthy.
(d) No, Michael calls him a nit wit.
3. What is Michael doing when he is first seen in the last scene?
(a) Shaving in the mirror.
(b) Sleeping in bed.
(c) Packing a suitcase.
(d) Writing at his desk.
4. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
(a) Because he is trying to steal the poet's work.
(b) Because Michael sincerely likes the poet's work.
(c) To prove something to Agnes.
(d) To show that he is better than every other writer.
5. What does Agnes do with the "God Is Love" pillow when she hears Michael coming back into the room at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Throws the pillow away in the trashcan.
(b) Hides the pillow in the cellar.
(c) Covers the pillow with the bed linens.
(d) Hands the pillow to Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
2. What does Michael say his son was wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is different about the fourposter bed in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does Michael tell his son in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)