|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Michael put the bottle of champagne?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In his suitcase.
(c) On his side of the bed.
(d) In his son's room.
2. What does Michael tell his son in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Get to bed.
(c) Good morning.
(d) Good night.
3. What does Michael ask Agnes about the bedclothes in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Are they newly laundered.
(b) How much do they cost.
(c) Does she want to throw them away.
(d) Are they selling or leaving them.
4. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
(a) Because Michael sincerely likes the poet's work.
(b) To prove something to Agnes.
(c) To show that he is better than every other writer.
(d) Because he is trying to steal the poet's work.
5. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Seated at her dressing table.
(b) Entering through the door.
(c) In bed sleeping.
(d) Searching for something on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivates Michael to declare his true feelings to Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Agnes seem to be feeling in relationship to her daughter?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, about how much time has passed since the last scene?
4. Is Michael happy with his daughter's choice of husband, and how does he address his son-in-law?
5. Who does Michael say makes him sing?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)