|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Agnes and Michael decide not to do in the last scene?
(a) Move to a new home.
(b) Leave the fourposter bed.
(c) Drink the champagne.
(d) Get divorced.
2. What is Agnes' response when she hears what Michael tells their son?
(a) She is incredulous.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She does not care.
(d) She starts crying.
3. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Carrying a bouquet of flowers.
(b) Drinking from a bottle of bourbon.
(c) Adjusting his suit and tie.
(d) Humming the Wedding March.
4. What does Agnes seem to be feeling in relationship to her daughter?
(a) Uneasiness and lack of control.
(b) Empty Nest Syndrome.
(c) Joy and best wishes.
(d) Selfish anger.
5. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) After dinner.
(d) Late night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
2. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
3. Is Michael happy with his daughter's choice of husband, and how does he address his son-in-law?
4. Why does Agnes say that she and Michael cannot drink champagne?
5. What does Michael do with the foil from the champagne bottle?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)