|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael's reaction after reading the young poet's work?
(a) Jealous of how good it is.
(d) Brought to tears of sadness.
2. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She is annoyed and does not believe him.
(b) She gets angry and storms out.
(c) She laughs and cries at the same time.
(d) She is afraid that he is having an affair.
3. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His feet.
(b) His head.
(c) His lips.
(d) His hand.
4. What does Agnes seem to be feeling in relationship to her daughter?
(a) Uneasiness and lack of control.
(b) Joy and best wishes.
(c) Selfish anger.
(d) Empty Nest Syndrome.
5. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Sleeping in the fourposter.
(c) Entering through the door.
(d) Brushing her hair in the mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
2. How many children do Michael and Agnes have?
3. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. After drinking from the bourbon bottle, what does Michael do?
5. What does Michael say no young couple should have to find underneath the sheets?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)