|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Folding laundry.
(b) Drinking bourbon.
(c) Sleeping in bed.
(d) Storming through the door.
2. How does Agnes describe the couple moving in?
(a) Rude and arrogant.
(b) Young and rich.
(c) Poor and sad.
(d) Nice and young.
3. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The young poet.
(b) Her father.
4. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
(a) The poet is a neighbor.
(b) The poet is an old friend from Michael's party days.
(c) The poet asked for criticism of his work from Michael.
(d) The poet is the fiance of Agnes and Michael's daughter.
5. In Act 3, Scene 1, Agnes is saddened when she thinks about what?
(a) That she looks horrible in her dress.
(b) The fact that Michael does not need her anymore.
(c) How much she misses her parents.
(d) The idea of divorce for her and Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
2. What is different about the fourposter bed in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What motivates Michael to declare his true feelings to Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What position does Michael get into after telling Agnes about what their son was wearing?
5. What can Michael not believe that Agnes is doing in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)