Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is the setting at the beginning of the play?
2. Describe the mood of Agnes during her wedding night.
3. Why are there so many sudden changes of subject in the conversation of Agnes and Michael on their wedding night?
4. Why does Agnes keep bringing up the fact that she smells gas from the lamps?
5. What is the purpose of the fourposter bed in the first scene?
6. How do the words embroidered on the pillow affect...
This section contains 989 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)