|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes tuck into bed with Michael when he is not feeling well?
(a) A heated water bottle.
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) The clean laundry.
(d) The "God Is Love" pillow.
2. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) A stranger that morning.
(b) His mother.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) His teacher.
3. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) Cheated on Agnes.
(b) Found his mate for life.
(c) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
(d) His duty and should be dismissed.
4. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because he is in love with another woman.
(b) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
(c) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
(d) Because he is in love with his work.
5. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(b) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
(c) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(d) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
2. What reason does Agnes give that Michael was the life of the party?
3. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
4. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
5. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)