|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael tells Agnes what shocking confession?
(a) He is having an affair.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) He is bankrupt.
(d) He won a fortune gambling.
2. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(b) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
(c) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(d) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
3. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) A daughter.
(b) A wife, a friend.
(c) An even prettier princess.
(d) A widow.
4. What does Agnes tuck into bed with Michael when he is not feeling well?
(a) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) The clean laundry.
(d) A heated water bottle.
5. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
(a) A poem that he wrote.
(b) A song that he wrote.
(c) Dinner from a recipe he created.
(d) A list of his favorite things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
2. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
3. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
4. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
5. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)