|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) A stranger that morning.
(d) A gypsy.
2. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
(b) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(c) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
(d) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
3. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is too hot and can smell gas.
(b) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(c) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(d) She has a headache from a busy day.
4. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
(b) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
(c) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
(d) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
5. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He tripped and fell.
(b) He is proposing.
(c) His leg hurts.
(d) He is worshipping her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
2. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
3. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
4. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
5. What reason does Agnes give that Michael was the life of the party?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)