|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(b) She is very ticklish.
(c) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(d) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
2. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
(a) Starts arguing with Agnes.
(b) Fetches his new manuscript to take with him.
(c) Moves the bassinet close to Agnes.
(d) Kisses Agnes many times.
3. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A piece of fruit.
(b) A rose.
(c) A candle.
(d) A miniature groom decoration.
4. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
(a) The fourposter is now draped with rich curtains.
(b) The fourposter is broken in half.
(c) The fourposter is no longer in the room.
(d) The fourposter is bare and has no blankets or sheets on it.
5. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(b) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(c) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
(d) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
2. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
3. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
5. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)