|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she is happy too.
(b) That she will help him write a poem.
(c) That she wants to marry him.
(d) That she will go on vacation with him.
2. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Too much noise.
(b) The brightness of the sunlight.
(c) Intense pain.
(d) Lack of sleep.
3. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
(b) Firing his favorite servant.
(c) Spending their savings.
(d) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
4. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(b) That her legs are weak.
(c) That she is a wonderful dancer.
(d) That she has terrific balance.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
(a) Help her into bed.
(b) Read his novel to her.
(c) Call a cab.
(d) Make dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
2. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
5. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)