|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Not hate his book.
(b) Ask for favor from her parents.
(c) Go on a trip with him.
(d) Be happy.
2. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
(b) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
(c) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(d) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
3. Michael tells Agnes what shocking confession?
(a) He is bankrupt.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) He won a fortune gambling.
(d) He is having an affair.
4. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He is proposing.
(b) He is worshipping her.
(c) He tripped and fell.
(d) His leg hurts.
5. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
(a) Moves the bassinet close to Agnes.
(b) Starts arguing with Agnes.
(c) Kisses Agnes many times.
(d) Fetches his new manuscript to take with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Agnes give that Michael was the life of the party?
2. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
3. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
4. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
5. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)