|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
(b) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(c) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
(d) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
(a) She might have had an affair.
(b) She has spent all their savings.
(c) She might be pregnant again.
(d) She is heiress to a mass fortune.
3. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She has gained a lot of weight.
(b) She has cut her hair very short.
(c) She is now very pregnant.
(d) She now walks with crutches.
4. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
(a) Complain about Agnes' timing.
(b) Frantically rush to get dressed for the doctor.
(c) Faint onto the fourposter bed.
(d) Go into the bathroom to shave.
5. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(b) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(c) The way she folds laundry.
(d) The sound she makes when she yawns.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
2. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
3. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
4. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
5. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)