|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
(a) Pictures of the children.
(b) Rich paintings.
(c) Embroidered country quilts.
(d) Framed manuscripts of Michael's work.
2. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She reminded him of his mother.
(b) They had met in a former existence.
(c) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(d) He loved her at first sight.
3. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
(a) He kisses her hand.
(b) He throws her onto the bed.
(c) He twists her arm behind her back.
(d) He dances with her.
4. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
(a) She wishes she were dead.
(b) She wishes she would have more children.
(c) She wishes she could get divorced.
(d) She wishes Michael would love her.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
(a) Follow after him out the door.
(b) Laugh hysterically.
(c) Open the door and tells him to come back.
(d) Lie in bed and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
2. When Agnes goes to the dressing room and returns, what item does she bring with her in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
4. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)