|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Smoke from the fireplace.
(b) The ocean.
(c) Cigarette smoke.
(d) Gas from the lamps.
2. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
(a) Her life.
(b) Success of his book.
(c) Good looks.
(d) Influence in society.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
(a) She is heiress to a mass fortune.
(b) She might have had an affair.
(c) She might be pregnant again.
(d) She has spent all their savings.
5. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) He loved her at first sight.
(b) They had met in a former existence.
(c) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(d) She reminded him of his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
2. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
3. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
5. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)