|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she will help him write a poem.
(b) That she wants to marry him.
(c) That she will go on vacation with him.
(d) That she is happy too.
2. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He tripped and fell.
(b) He is proposing.
(c) His leg hurts.
(d) He is worshipping her.
3. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
(a) Influence in society.
(b) Good looks.
(c) Success of his book.
(d) Her life.
4. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After eating dinner.
(b) After fetching the laundry from outside.
(c) After Agnes' mother arrives.
(d) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
5. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(b) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(c) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
(d) She is very ticklish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
2. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
3. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
4. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
5. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)