|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes tuck into bed with Michael when he is not feeling well?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) The clean laundry.
(c) A heated water bottle.
(d) The "God Is Love" pillow.
2. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
(b) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(c) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(d) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
3. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
(a) They are arguing over breakfast.
(b) Michael is carrying Agnes.
(c) Agnes is leading Michael into the room.
(d) They are holding hands.
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
(a) Embraces Michael.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Kicks Michael.
(d) Cries in bed.
5. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) Understanding and warmth.
(b) More children.
(c) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
(d) More money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
2. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
3. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
4. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
5. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)