|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
(b) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(c) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(d) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
2. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
(b) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
(c) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
(d) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
3. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(b) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
(c) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
(d) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
4. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
(a) How handsome Michael is.
(b) How excited she is about their honeymoon.
(c) How wonderful the wedding was.
(d) How pretty the bed is.
5. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
(b) More children.
(c) More money.
(d) Understanding and warmth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
4. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
5. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)