|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(b) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
(c) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
(d) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, Agnes proclaims that she does not care about what fact?
(a) If she never has another child.
(b) If she never sees her parents again.
(c) If the servants hear them fighting or not.
(d) If she ever sees Michael or the children again.
3. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Writing in a notebook.
(b) Shaving in the mirror.
(c) Sleeping in bed.
(d) Entering through the door.
4. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
(b) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(c) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(d) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
5. Michael tells Agnes what shocking confession?
(a) He won a fortune gambling.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) He is bankrupt.
(d) He is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
2. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
4. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
5. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)