|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
(a) He is thinking that Agnes might have had an affair.
(b) He knows that he has spent all his savings.
(c) He heard that Agnes had a miscarriage.
(d) He still wants but cannot have acceptance from Agnes' parents.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) Her youth is over.
(b) She is extremely happy.
(c) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
(d) Women are sensitive and always cry.
3. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) An even prettier princess.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A wife, a friend.
(d) A widow.
4. Agnes describes Michael in what way when she is mad at him?
5. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) His mother.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A stranger that morning.
(d) His teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
2. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
3. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
4. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
5. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)