|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(b) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
(c) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(d) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
2. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
(a) The fourposter is broken in half.
(b) The fourposter is now draped with rich curtains.
(c) The fourposter is bare and has no blankets or sheets on it.
(d) The fourposter is no longer in the room.
3. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Wash his right ear.
(b) Brush his teeth.
(c) Shave his face.
(d) Comb his hair.
4. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After she has labor pains.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(d) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
5. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Raise the child as her own sibling.
(b) Give the child to her parents.
(c) Keep the child and get divorced.
(d) Take the child to a new home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
2. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
4. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)