|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She no longer sees him as her husband.
(b) He had bad breath.
(c) She has never loved him.
(d) He is a hack writer.
2. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
(b) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
(c) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(d) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
3. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
(b) She is very ticklish.
(c) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(d) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
4. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(b) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(c) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(d) The way she folds laundry.
5. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
(b) There is still laundry drying outside.
(c) She is not ready to be a mother.
(d) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
4. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. When Agnes goes to the dressing room and returns, what item does she bring with her in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)