|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The new book he has started to write.
(b) The daily newspaper.
(c) The Bible.
(d) His favorite childrens book.
2. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
4. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After eating dinner.
(b) After fetching the laundry from outside.
(c) After Agnes' mother arrives.
(d) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
5. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
(b) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
(c) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(d) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
2. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
4. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)