|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) His mother.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) His teacher.
(d) A stranger that morning.
2. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
(b) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(c) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
(d) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
3. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Shaving in the mirror.
(b) Writing in a notebook.
(c) Entering through the door.
(d) Sleeping in bed.
4. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) In Agnes' arms.
(b) The cradle.
(c) In a new bed.
(d) On the beach.
5. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) Just his nightshirt.
(b) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
(c) His jeans and a sweater.
(d) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
2. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
3. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
4. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)