|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The brightness of the sunlight.
(b) Lack of sleep.
(c) Intense pain.
(d) Too much noise.
2. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(b) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
(c) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(d) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
3. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
(b) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(c) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(d) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
4. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
(a) How pretty the bed is.
(b) How excited she is about their honeymoon.
(c) How wonderful the wedding was.
(d) How handsome Michael is.
5. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Shave his face.
(b) Wash his right ear.
(c) Comb his hair.
(d) Brush his teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
2. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
3. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
4. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
5. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)