|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
(b) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
(c) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
(d) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
2. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
(a) An oversized dinner bell.
(b) A whistle.
(c) Pots and pans.
(d) A horn.
3. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
(a) Moves the bassinet close to Agnes.
(b) Fetches his new manuscript to take with him.
(c) Starts arguing with Agnes.
(d) Kisses Agnes many times.
4. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
(b) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(c) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
(d) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
5. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) In a new bed.
(b) In Agnes' arms.
(c) The cradle.
(d) On the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
4. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
5. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)