|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She reminded him of his mother.
(b) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(c) He loved her at first sight.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she will go on vacation with him.
(b) That she will help him write a poem.
(c) That she is happy too.
(d) That she wants to marry him.
3. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She has a headache from a busy day.
(b) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(c) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(d) She is too hot and can smell gas.
4. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A horn.
(c) An oversized dinner bell.
(d) Pots and pans.
5. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
(b) His jeans and a sweater.
(c) Just his nightshirt.
(d) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
2. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
3. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
4. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
5. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)