|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(b) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
(c) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(d) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
2. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) A book.
(c) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(d) A rattle.
3. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Smoke from the fireplace.
(c) Gas from the lamps.
(d) Cigarette smoke.
4. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The family cat.
(b) A pile of clean laundry.
(c) A newborn baby.
(d) Dinner trays.
5. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
(b) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
(c) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
(d) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes tuck into bed with Michael when he is not feeling well?
2. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
3. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
4. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)