|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A newborn baby.
(b) Dinner trays.
(c) A pile of clean laundry.
(d) The family cat.
2. What does Agnes tuck into bed with Michael when he is not feeling well?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A heated water bottle.
(c) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(d) The clean laundry.
3. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
(a) That she has been married once before.
(b) That she lied to him about her age.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she has never seen a man naked before.
4. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
(b) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
(c) His jeans and a sweater.
(d) Just his nightshirt.
5. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Smoke from the fireplace.
(c) Gas from the lamps.
(d) Cigarette smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
2. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
4. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
5. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)