|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
(a) Kisses Agnes many times.
(b) Fetches his new manuscript to take with him.
(c) Starts arguing with Agnes.
(d) Moves the bassinet close to Agnes.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(a) Cigar smoke.
(c) Wedding cake.
3. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) A month.
(b) Five years.
(c) A week.
(d) One year.
4. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) In the trunk.
(b) In his pockets.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In the pillowcase.
5. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
(a) That she lied to him about her age.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she has never seen a man naked before.
(d) That she has been married once before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
3. What does Agnes tuck into bed with Michael when he is not feeling well?
4. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
5. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)