|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
(b) She is very ticklish.
(c) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(d) He is making rude comments about her feet.
2. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is too hot and can smell gas.
(b) She has a headache from a busy day.
(c) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(d) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
3. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) Her suitcase.
(b) Michael's clothes.
(c) A piece of wedding cake.
(d) Her favorite book.
4. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After Agnes' mother arrives.
(b) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
(c) After eating dinner.
(d) After fetching the laundry from outside.
5. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she has never seen a man naked before.
(c) That she has been married once before.
(d) That she lied to him about her age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
2. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
5. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)