|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(b) She has a headache from a busy day.
(c) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(d) She is too hot and can smell gas.
2. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Fall asleep in bed.
(b) Laugh and kiss.
(c) Embrace in bed.
(d) Argue and part ways.
3. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she is a wonderful dancer.
(b) That her legs are weak.
(c) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(d) That she has terrific balance.
4. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
(b) There is still laundry drying outside.
(c) She is not ready to be a mother.
(d) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
5. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Agnes' mother.
(b) Michael's mother.
(c) Agnes' father.
(d) Michael's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
3. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
5. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)