|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
2. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So she can help him button his shirt.
(b) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(c) So he can kiss her on the lips.
(d) So she can smell his breath for herself.
3. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
(b) After eating dinner.
(c) After fetching the laundry from outside.
(d) After Agnes' mother arrives.
4. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She has cut her hair very short.
(b) She is now very pregnant.
(c) She has gained a lot of weight.
(d) She now walks with crutches.
5. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Comb his hair.
(b) Shave his face.
(c) Wash his right ear.
(d) Brush his teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
2. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
5. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)