|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
(b) She is not ready to be a mother.
(c) There is still laundry drying outside.
(d) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
2. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
(b) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(c) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(d) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
3. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) A daughter.
(b) An even prettier princess.
(c) A widow.
(d) A wife, a friend.
4. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(b) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(c) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
(d) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
5. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A bassinet.
(c) A dining set.
(d) Another bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
2. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
4. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
5. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)