|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After Agnes' mother arrives.
(b) After fetching the laundry from outside.
(c) After eating dinner.
(d) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
2. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) She is very ticklish.
(b) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(c) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(d) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
3. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After she has labor pains.
(b) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(c) After the baby is born.
(d) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
4. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
5. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A candle.
(b) A piece of fruit.
(c) A miniature groom decoration.
(d) A rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
2. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
3. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
4. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
5. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)