|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) A wife, a friend.
(b) A daughter.
(c) An even prettier princess.
(d) A widow.
2. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After eating dinner.
(b) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
(c) After Agnes' mother arrives.
(d) After fetching the laundry from outside.
3. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A newborn baby.
(b) The family cat.
(c) Dinner trays.
(d) A pile of clean laundry.
4. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
(a) That she lied to him about her age.
(b) That she has never seen a man naked before.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she has been married once before.
5. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
(b) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(c) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
(d) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
2. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
3. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
4. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
5. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)