|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) Found his mate for life.
(b) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
(c) His duty and should be dismissed.
(d) Cheated on Agnes.
3. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Brush his teeth.
(b) Wash his right ear.
(c) Comb his hair.
(d) Shave his face.
4. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
(a) That she has never seen a man naked before.
(b) That she has been married once before.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she lied to him about her age.
5. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(b) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
(c) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
(d) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
2. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
3. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
4. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)