|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(b) She reminded him of his mother.
(c) He loved her at first sight.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
2. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
(a) An oversized dinner bell.
(b) A horn.
(c) Pots and pans.
(d) A whistle.
3. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Michael's mother.
(b) Agnes' mother.
(c) Agnes' father.
(d) Michael's sister.
4. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) He needs to finish writing his book.
(b) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
(c) They still have time before the baby is born.
(d) She forgot to turn off the oven.
5. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
2. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
5. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)