|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He is worshipping her.
(b) His leg hurts.
(c) He tripped and fell.
(d) He is proposing.
2. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) A rattle.
(c) A book.
(d) The "God Is Love" pillow.
3. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) After she has labor pains.
(d) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
4. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(b) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
(c) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(d) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
5. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) She is not ready to be a mother.
(b) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
(c) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
(d) There is still laundry drying outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
2. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
4. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
5. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)