|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Give the child to her parents.
(b) Keep the child and get divorced.
(c) Raise the child as her own sibling.
(d) Take the child to a new home.
2. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After eating dinner.
(b) After fetching the laundry from outside.
(c) After Agnes' mother arrives.
(d) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
3. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Entering through the door.
(b) Sleeping in bed.
(c) Writing in a notebook.
(d) Shaving in the mirror.
4. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
(a) Faint onto the fourposter bed.
(b) Complain about Agnes' timing.
(c) Go into the bathroom to shave.
(d) Frantically rush to get dressed for the doctor.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(b) Wedding cake.
(c) Cigar smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
3. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
4. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
5. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)