|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
(b) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(c) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(d) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
2. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Laugh and kiss.
(b) Fall asleep in bed.
(c) Embrace in bed.
(d) Argue and part ways.
3. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) His teacher.
(b) A stranger that morning.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) His mother.
4. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(b) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(c) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
(d) She is very ticklish.
5. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He is worshipping her.
(b) He is proposing.
(c) He tripped and fell.
(d) His leg hurts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
2. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
3. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
4. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
5. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)