|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she is happy too.
(b) That she will help him write a poem.
(c) That she wants to marry him.
(d) That she will go on vacation with him.
2. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
(b) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(c) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
(d) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
3. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A book.
(b) Her shoe.
(c) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(d) A rattle.
4. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) The way she folds laundry.
(b) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(c) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(d) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
5. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A fish is the ocean.
(b) A dog in the doghouse.
(c) A cat in a tree.
(d) A frog in a pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael leave to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
4. Who does Michael say makes him sing?
5. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)