|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
(b) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(c) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
(d) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
2. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(b) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
(c) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(d) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
(a) A good rest.
(b) Breakfast and tea.
(c) A swig of bourbon.
(d) A lot of money.
4. Why is Michael so angry about the bourbon bottle?
(a) His seventeen-year-old son has been hiding the bottle.
(b) He has banned alcohol in the house.
(c) He thinks the family cannot afford to be buying bourbon.
(d) Agnes has been hiding it in secret.
5. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His hand.
(b) His lips.
(c) His head.
(d) His feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
3. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
4. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)