|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(b) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
(c) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
(d) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
2. What motivates Michael to declare his true feelings to Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A letter of fan mail that he just read.
(b) The anger in Agnes' eyes.
(c) His memories of an early love.
(d) The crass words of the young poet.
3. What happens after Michael leaves in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He returns, bringing his son in the room.
(b) He never returns.
(c) He quickly returns and is distracted.
(d) He returns with a platter of food.
4. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She laughs and cries at the same time.
(b) She is annoyed and does not believe him.
(c) She gets angry and storms out.
(d) She is afraid that he is having an affair.
5. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Sleeping in bed.
(b) Shaving in the mirror.
(c) Entering through the door.
(d) Writing in a notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
2. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
4. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Agnes describes Michael in what way when she is mad at him?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)