|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Ten years.
2. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
(a) To prove something to Agnes.
(b) Because Michael sincerely likes the poet's work.
(c) To show that he is better than every other writer.
(d) Because he is trying to steal the poet's work.
3. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
(b) He needs to finish writing his book.
(c) She forgot to turn off the oven.
(d) They still have time before the baby is born.
4. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(b) She is very ticklish.
(c) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(d) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
5. What does Agnes think Michael has given up?
(a) His looks and charm.
(b) His smoking habit.
(c) The children.
(d) The only person who has always loved him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
2. Why does Agnes hug Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)