|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After she has labor pains.
(b) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
(c) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(d) After the baby is born.
2. What is Michael's reaction after reading the young poet's work?
(a) Jealous of how good it is.
(c) Brought to tears of sadness.
3. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Very early morning.
(b) Late at night.
(c) After dinner.
(d) Late afternoon.
4. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She no longer sees him as her husband.
(b) He is a hack writer.
(c) He had bad breath.
(d) She has never loved him.
5. What event is happening that day in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Agnes and Michael's daughter's wedding.
(b) Agnes and Michael's son's wedding.
(c) Agnes and Michael's divorce.
(d) Agnes and Michael's wedding vow renewal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
2. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
3. What is the first thing that Michael and Agnes agree about in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
5. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)