|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes hug Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She misses him.
(b) She is comforting him.
(c) She is trying to control him.
(d) She is cold.
2. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(b) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(c) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(d) The way she folds laundry.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) Her youth is over.
(b) She is extremely happy.
(c) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
(d) Women are sensitive and always cry.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
(a) Help her into bed.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Call a cab.
(d) Read his novel to her.
5. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She no longer sees him as her husband.
(b) He had bad breath.
(c) He is a hack writer.
(d) She has never loved him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
2. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
4. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)