|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room is really messy.
(b) The room has sparse decoration.
(c) The room has not changed at all.
(d) The room is richly decorated
2. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
(b) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(c) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
(d) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
3. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
(a) What time is it?
(b) Why did he only say that?
(c) How much does he love her?
(d) What was their son wearing?
4. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
(b) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
(c) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
(d) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
5. What does Michael say his son was wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) No shoes or socks.
(c) A nightshirt.
(d) A top hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
2. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
4. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
5. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)