|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) Her shoe.
(c) A rattle.
(d) A book.
2. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) He needs to finish writing his book.
(b) They still have time before the baby is born.
(c) She forgot to turn off the oven.
(d) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she will help him write a poem.
(b) That she will go on vacation with him.
(c) That she wants to marry him.
(d) That she is happy too.
4. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
(a) Kiss Agnes.
(b) Call for help.
(c) Go outside to get the laundry.
(d) Take off the coat again.
5. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
(a) He still wants but cannot have acceptance from Agnes' parents.
(b) He is thinking that Agnes might have had an affair.
(c) He heard that Agnes had a miscarriage.
(d) He knows that he has spent all his savings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
2. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
3. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How many children do Michael and Agnes have?
5. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)