|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agnes' reaction after Michael finishes reading the young poet's work?
2. What does Agnes describe herself as being all her life?
(a) Someone's mother and wife.
(b) An adolescent with a longing heart.
(c) Happy and content.
(d) Lonely and sad.
3. What does Agnes accuse Michael of in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Favoring their daughter.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Not working hard enough.
(d) Spending too much money.
4. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a new bed.
(c) The cradle.
(d) In Agnes' arms.
5. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
(b) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(c) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(d) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. When Agnes first enters the room in Act 2, what does she do?
5. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)