|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
(a) He is hungry and wants to eat right away.
(b) He needs to finish writing his book.
(c) He feels insignificant compared to the coming baby.
(d) He thinks the doctor will not tend to him.
3. Why does Michael tell Agnes she should cheer up in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Their daughter is marrying a wonderful man and they should be happy.
(b) He has just sold his manuscript and they will have more money.
(c) She looks beautiful to him and that he loves her.
(d) He has had to pretend to be happy, so she should too.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room is richly decorated
(b) The room has sparse decoration.
(c) The room is really messy.
(d) The room has not changed at all.
5. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) A stranger that morning.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) His mother.
(d) His teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What happens after Michael leaves in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)