|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The daily newspaper.
(b) The new book he has started to write.
(c) The Bible.
(d) His favorite childrens book.
2. What has Michael and Agnes' son been doing with his medicine?
(a) Selling it to the poor.
(b) Dutifully taking it.
(c) Hiding it in the bourbon bottle.
(d) Tricking his sister into taking it.
3. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His lips.
(b) His hand.
(c) His feet.
(d) His head.
4. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
(a) What time is it?
(b) What was their son wearing?
(c) How much does he love her?
(d) Why did he only say that?
5. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
(c) Children's rhymes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
2. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
3. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
4. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)