|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
(b) His daughter is eloping.
(c) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
(d) His son has not come home from a party.
2. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
(a) She wishes she were dead.
(b) She wishes she would have more children.
(c) She wishes Michael would love her.
(d) She wishes she could get divorced.
3. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) His duty and should be dismissed.
(b) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
(c) Cheated on Agnes.
(d) Found his mate for life.
4. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
(a) The fourposter is bare and has no blankets or sheets on it.
(b) The fourposter is no longer in the room.
(c) The fourposter is now draped with rich curtains.
(d) The fourposter is broken in half.
5. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
(a) Occasianal fits of hysteria.
(b) Completely ignorant and inexcusable.
(c) Good and proper.
(d) Exactly like that of her own father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
3. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
4. Who does Michael say makes him sing?
5. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)