|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
(a) The poet is the fiance of Agnes and Michael's daughter.
(b) The poet is an old friend from Michael's party days.
(c) The poet is a neighbor.
(d) The poet asked for criticism of his work from Michael.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
(a) Weeping in bed.
(c) Combing her hair.
(d) Taking off her evening gloves.
3. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
4. What event is happening that day in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Agnes and Michael's daughter's wedding.
(b) Agnes and Michael's son's wedding.
(c) Agnes and Michael's divorce.
(d) Agnes and Michael's wedding vow renewal.
5. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Why does Michael tell Agnes she should cheer up in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
4. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
5. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)