|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is suffering from migraines.
(b) He has the flu.
(c) He has not eaten, and needs to eat.
(d) He is having sympathy labor pains.
2. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(b) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(c) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
(d) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
3. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
(b) She forgot to turn off the oven.
(c) They still have time before the baby is born.
(d) He needs to finish writing his book.
4. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(b) She is too hot and can smell gas.
(c) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(d) She has a headache from a busy day.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room is richly decorated
(b) The room has not changed at all.
(c) The room is really messy.
(d) The room has sparse decoration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Michael and Agnes agree about in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
3. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What motivates Michael to declare his true feelings to Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)