|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
(a) Good looks.
(b) Her life.
(c) Success of his book.
(d) Influence in society.
2. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
(b) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
(c) Because he is in love with his work.
(d) Because he is in love with another woman.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
(a) Help her into bed.
(b) Call a cab.
(c) Read his novel to her.
(d) Make dinner.
4. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dinner trays.
(b) A pile of clean laundry.
(c) The family cat.
(d) A newborn baby.
5. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
(a) He twists her arm behind her back.
(b) He kisses her hand.
(c) He dances with her.
(d) He throws her onto the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Michael comes face to face with what fact about his son?
3. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
4. Why has Agnes become angry with her son?
5. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)