|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After eating dinner.
(b) After Agnes' mother arrives.
(c) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
(d) After fetching the laundry from outside.
2. In Act 3, Scene 1, Agnes is saddened when she thinks about what?
(a) The idea of divorce for her and Michael.
(b) The fact that Michael does not need her anymore.
(c) That she looks horrible in her dress.
(d) How much she misses her parents.
3. What is different about the fourposter bed in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The curtains are more elaborate.
(b) It has been dismantled.
(c) The curtains are more conservative.
(d) There are no bed linens.
4. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) His jeans and a sweater.
(b) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
(c) Just his nightshirt.
(d) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
5. What does Agnes seem to be feeling in relationship to her daughter?
(a) Joy and best wishes.
(b) Empty Nest Syndrome.
(c) Uneasiness and lack of control.
(d) Selfish anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes' reaction after Michael finishes reading the young poet's work?
2. Why has Agnes become angry with her son?
3. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
4. What does Agnes tuck into bed with Michael when he is not feeling well?
5. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)