|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She has cut her hair very short.
(b) She is now very pregnant.
(c) She has gained a lot of weight.
(d) She now walks with crutches.
2. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Be happy.
(b) Not hate his book.
(c) Go on a trip with him.
(d) Ask for favor from her parents.
3. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
(b) His son has not come home from a party.
(c) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
(d) His daughter is eloping.
4. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) He needs to finish writing his book.
(b) They still have time before the baby is born.
(c) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
(d) She forgot to turn off the oven.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room has not changed at all.
(b) The room has sparse decoration.
(c) The room is really messy.
(d) The room is richly decorated
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
4. Why is Michael so angry about the bourbon bottle?
5. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)