|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
(a) She might be pregnant again.
(b) She has spent all their savings.
(c) She is heiress to a mass fortune.
(d) She might have had an affair.
2. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
(b) Just his nightshirt.
(c) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
(d) His jeans and a sweater.
3. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
(b) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
(c) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(d) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
4. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
(b) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
(c) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
(d) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
5. Why is Michael so angry about the bourbon bottle?
(a) He has banned alcohol in the house.
(b) Agnes has been hiding it in secret.
(c) His seventeen-year-old son has been hiding the bottle.
(d) He thinks the family cannot afford to be buying bourbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
2. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
4. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)