|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
(b) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(c) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
(d) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
2. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
(b) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
(c) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
(d) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
3. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
(b) Because he is in love with another woman.
(c) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
(d) Because he is in love with his work.
4. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His daughter is eloping.
(b) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
(c) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
(d) His son has not come home from a party.
5. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Laugh and kiss.
(b) Argue and part ways.
(c) Fall asleep in bed.
(d) Embrace in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. After drinking from the bourbon bottle, what does Michael do?
2. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
3. What does Michael tell his son in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Agnes accuse Michael of in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)