|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
(a) Why did he only say that?
(b) What time is it?
(c) How much does he love her?
(d) What was their son wearing?
2. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After fetching the laundry from outside.
(b) After eating dinner.
(c) After Agnes' mother arrives.
(d) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, Agnes proclaims that she does not care about what fact?
(a) If she never has another child.
(b) If she never sees her parents again.
(c) If she ever sees Michael or the children again.
(d) If the servants hear them fighting or not.
4. Why is Michael so angry about the bourbon bottle?
(a) He thinks the family cannot afford to be buying bourbon.
(b) He has banned alcohol in the house.
(c) Agnes has been hiding it in secret.
(d) His seventeen-year-old son has been hiding the bottle.
5. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
(a) How excited she is about their honeymoon.
(b) How pretty the bed is.
(c) How handsome Michael is.
(d) How wonderful the wedding was.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
2. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
3. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
4. When Agnes goes to the dressing room and returns, what item does she bring with her in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)