|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Fall asleep in bed.
(b) Argue and part ways.
(c) Embrace in bed.
(d) Laugh and kiss.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) Her youth is over.
(b) She is extremely happy.
(c) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
(d) Women are sensitive and always cry.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) Ten years.
4. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
(b) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
(c) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
(d) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
5. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) There is a hand embroidered quilt on the bed.
(b) There are no linens on the bed.
(c) Only one side of the bed is made, the other is messy.
(d) The bed is neatly made.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
2. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Michael accuse Agnes of in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
5. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)