|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Entering through the door.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) Brushing her hair in the mirror.
(d) Sleeping in the fourposter.
2. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
(a) Completely ignorant and inexcusable.
(b) Good and proper.
(c) Occasianal fits of hysteria.
(d) Exactly like that of her own father.
3. Michael tells Agnes what shocking confession?
(a) He won a fortune gambling.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He is bankrupt.
(d) He is an orphan.
4. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Take the child to a new home.
(b) Keep the child and get divorced.
(c) Give the child to her parents.
(d) Raise the child as her own sibling.
5. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) Her shoe.
(c) A rattle.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
2. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
3. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
4. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)