|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
2. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
(a) Success of his book.
(b) Influence in society.
(c) Good looks.
(d) Her life.
3. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A bassinet.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) Another bed.
(d) A dining set.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she is happy too.
(b) That she wants to marry him.
(c) That she will help him write a poem.
(d) That she will go on vacation with him.
5. Why is Michael so angry about the bourbon bottle?
(a) He thinks the family cannot afford to be buying bourbon.
(b) His seventeen-year-old son has been hiding the bottle.
(c) He has banned alcohol in the house.
(d) Agnes has been hiding it in secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
2. After drinking from the bourbon bottle, what does Michael do?
3. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
4. What is Agnes' reply when Michael says that he has started writing a new book?
5. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)