|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Agnes sees her husband bewildered at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does she do?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She relaxes and goes to sleep.
(c) She cries.
(d) She gets angry.
2. What does Michael accuse Agnes of in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Being an alcoholic.
(c) Being too lenient with their son.
(d) Disciplining their son too much.
3. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is having sympathy labor pains.
(b) He has not eaten, and needs to eat.
(c) He is suffering from migraines.
(d) He has the flu.
4. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) Michael's dirty ears.
(b) The bed pillow.
(c) Michael's top hat.
(d) A mouse.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) She is extremely happy.
(b) Women are sensitive and always cry.
(c) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
(d) Her youth is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
2. Where has Michael found the bourbon bottle?
3. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
4. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
5. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)