|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Brushing her hair in the mirror.
(c) Sleeping in the fourposter.
(d) Entering through the door.
2. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
(b) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
(c) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(d) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room has not changed at all.
(b) The room is really messy.
(c) The room is richly decorated
(d) The room has sparse decoration.
4. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) She is very ticklish.
(b) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
(c) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(d) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
5. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
(a) Her life.
(b) Good looks.
(c) Success of his book.
(d) Influence in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
2. What does Michael tell his son in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
4. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)