|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she is happy too.
(b) That she will help him write a poem.
(c) That she will go on vacation with him.
(d) That she wants to marry him.
2. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
(a) Rich paintings.
(b) Pictures of the children.
(c) Embroidered country quilts.
(d) Framed manuscripts of Michael's work.
3. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she is a wonderful dancer.
(b) That her legs are weak.
(c) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(d) That she has terrific balance.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
(a) Open the door and tells him to come back.
(b) Follow after him out the door.
(c) Lie in bed and cries.
(d) Laugh hysterically.
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
(a) Breakfast and tea.
(b) A lot of money.
(c) A swig of bourbon.
(d) A good rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
2. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
4. What does Michael say his son was wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)